Over 6,700 Bags Stranded At Suvarnabhumi Airport

george

Apparently the software was purchased at Panthip plaza for 120 ThB :D

Where else ?

Baht 120 for Panthip and a few million for the former head waiter :D

Maybe the limited trial-version for only 10 pcs per plane within 30 days :o .

I wonder who's going to cover the expenses for this failure. Had some of these experiences too when travelling through Zürich Intl. after they'd install a new luggage-system; but i guess not as many bags went wrong.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Came Back from Lao just over a week ago.

Despite statements to the contrary, some runways were clearly flooded. Waited for about 25 minutes on the plane for the bus, then the luggage came out...well, mine did, being the first. The rest got jammed or something.

Thought I had it lucky, braved my way through the packed arrivals area only to find a 120+ line waiting for a taxi (had time to count :o ).

The drive to Bangkok took more then the flight itself...

i just landed at suvarnabhumi this week and here are some observations.

if you consider a downtown hotel location as a centrepoint to measure the arrivals efficiency of an airport, it takes almost twice the time to reach any downtown hotel from the new airport. (counted from touchdown at suvarnabhumi vs. touchdown at don muang.)

the real punishment is the long walk from the airside to the immigration counter, even if you have arrived in terminal c on tg (which is after all the national carrier)!

the baggage came about 30mins from my reaching the collection point - this considering that i spent 15mins walking from the skybridge and another 15mins at immigration, plus an additional 5mins trying to find immigration!

the arrival hall after clearing customs is worse than a cattle market on a quiet day - at least most cattle markets have urinals or you could just go anywhere!

the taxi mafia is going at it with renewed vigour - probably trying to make as much money as they can - now that their friend in high places is out of a job! the meter taxi driver who picked me up from the "official" queue started asking for 800 baht on reaching the outskirts of the airport area! i wonder if those guys in the highest control tower in the world have seen us arguing on the roadside?

I arrived at the airport on 4/10/06 with Austrian airlines at noon and left at the same evening to Cambodia with Bangkok airways no luggage problems, very normal short waiting to get my luggage. On 12 October went from BKK to Vienna the same no luggage problem.???????? I read all the complains but I didn't have even a slight problem entering and going out twice. All baggage, passport control, shops, business lounge was perfect.

Edited by shaul19

Well folks, what can I say.

Departed for HK, spent ten minutes trying to work out how to get to the gate, then a further ten trying to find a loo (no sign).

After the marathon walk to the gate, with no travelator, I arrived at a security checkpoint to be herded downstairs to a makeshift area.

The signs are so good, Singapore Airlines have a Chubb security guard standing with a cardboard placard so you can actually find the gate!!!!

My overall impression was the place is just not finished, unpainted concrete, dirty glass, cracked tiles and almost no signeage. Not the international show piece it was supposed to be.

Compete with Changi - not a chance.

All the people on my flight were complaining about the walk to the gate and the lack of signs and information, so not just me!