Work Permitted On Retirement Visa?

Does anyone know if it's possible to do work of any kind when on retirement visa? I'm retired but active, and would like to be able to do volunteer teaching, etc.

Retirement means retirement here. Strictly you need a work permit even as a volunteer. I suspect many retirees are still doing a bit of volunteer work without any work permit.

I just posted a similar question. Am trying to find out if I can work online (so, I guess I'd be working outside of thailand through the Internet) while on a retirement visa in Thailand...(hoping the answer is yes)

Who is going to pay you and where will you receive the money ?

The short answer is YES. You can get a work permit on any type of O or A or B visa. But DrPP is offering good advice that if you wish to work you must have a WPor face the prospect of BIG trouble.

But no WP is available to a holder of an O or O-A retirement visa. A person married to a Thai can get a WP on the O classification visa.

Hi, don't know yet who will pay me.

I am a US citizen, so my goal is to find a school in the US that will pay me for the teaching I will do into my US bank account (say University of Phoenix as an example).

You are unlikely to get sprung, but nevertheless you are running a risk.