Feeling Thankful I Live in Thailand.

villagefarang

I am thankful for being BLESSED( see one of the previous replies) with a honest,loving and beautiful wife who has born the best I ever had in my life...all the materialistic things we have I am also grateful for but I am working my a$$ off for it though thanks god to give me the strength to keep working...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am thankful I'll be able to lie in bed starting 1 AM tomorrow morning and listen to 3 NFL Thanksgiving special football games on the internet radio. I am also thankful I brought back lots of Walmart knock-off Alka Seltzer in case my stomach reacts poorly if I choose to further read some of this topic tomorrow.

I am also thankful that I don't have a view since it helps me get more things done rather than enjoying the view.

Edited by JLCrab

I'm thankful for a crazy country where corruption is rife, Thai people drive like idiots, the food can vary from very bad to very good, and everyone smiles whether they mean it or not. Every day is an adventure for me, thank you Thailand.

I'm thankful I can escape winters to a country where corruption mostly means slipping a cop a few baht, while escaping a culture where monumental greed and corruption less than a decade ago nearly caused a world-wide financial melt-down. Also glad I can escape where "offended" female drivers will lean on their horns, give you the finger and scream at you, while their mail counterparts follow you to the parking lot and threaten to punch you out for some infraction you don't recall making, thankful I'm leaving the world of ketchup, sugar, salt and the 300-day burger and fry diet, and thankful to leave a world where seasons aren't the only thing cold....where people don't smile (fake OR sincere) at all... unless there's something in it for them, and will suspect you want something they've got if you should invade their space with something as meaningless and useless as a smile.

Every day is an adventure for me, too. thank you Thailand. (the day I feel the urge to disparage the country, I'll go somewhere else)

I am thankful I am broke. Who needs money when you can wake up in Thailand to another hot day?

"All you need is love , love , love is all you need".

While I know the above was sung by John Lennon, this was a mock interview on SNL by Chris Farley:

Chris Farley: Right. I think we.. I think we got time for one more question. Uh.. remember when you were in The Beatles? And, um, you did that album Abbey Road, and at the very end of the song, it would.. the song goes, "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"? You.. you remember that?

Paul McCartney: Yes.

Chris Farley: Uh.. is that true?

tumblr_ksw44rYMmd1qzoaqio1_500.jpg

Edited by JLCrab

THEY should be thankful that we live here to bring something exotic in their country and life !

Who is THEY are you talking about the illuminati?

I am thankful that I live in Thailand with a completely different culture. It tends to broaden one's mind if they allow it.

I am thankful for the wife I have maybe not the best one in the world but most assuredly the best one for me.

I am thankful that I can experience this different culture and still drop back into the western one at the Mall or superstore especially the movies.

I am thankful that I still have a family and friends back home that love me.

I am thankful that I don't have the negative attitude that so many do. It gives me more time to enjoy life.

Nice post from the OP and some witty posts from others, very nice.

I am thankful for being able to walk away from a bad marriage and life and to be able to start a new life and new marriage.

I am thankful for being able to meet my current wife, who has only ever asked me for love and understanding, has stayed with me through thick and thin, allowing me to own properties and buildings in Thailand and Oz without asking for a cent.

I am thankful for her family accepting me as a member of the family as a brother and a son, they have never called me Farung always calling me Luuk or Pi and never asking me for anything, just to undersand them.

I am thankful for being able to mend the fences with my sister, after 4 years of estrangement and able to reconnect with my lovely niece, which filled my wife full of joy to have her sister inlaw and niece back in her life again.

I am thankful for being able to work my way up from the workshop floor to the dizzy heights of project managment and having the good sense to pull the pin before I became burnt out and lost like many of my work mates.

I am thankful for having the opportunity to have been able to work and travel to some of the most amazing places, most of which most people have never heard of that you will never see in a travel brouchure.

I am thankful for having a happy and heathy life.

Alka Seltzer knock off time. Panthers whipping Cowboys (23-6 so far early 3rd quarter) second of 3 Thanksgiving NFL games. Think I'll go swimming before the next one.

Thai folks have maybe never heard the expression but seem to implicitly know: Can't get blood out of a turnip.

Edited by JLCrab

Thankful I live 7000 miles away every time I receive a mail from my Godawful family in the UK.

Ah yes, We're coming up on The Holidays.

That wonder filled time of the year when you leave the people you love. To visit the family.

laugh.png Not me. Haven't been back since just before the tsunami. I had been hoping they'd all thought I'd perished in it and leave me the *** alone but buggers tracked me down saai.gif

I prefer to use the word Grateful or gratitude.

I am grateful to wake up each morning because in 1961 after a serious car accident the Doctors gave me a week to live, well they were wrong I'm now 70 years old. Each day is a bonus.

I'm grateful I have a wonderful Thai wife who takes very good care of me.

I'm grateful that I have everything I NEED , perhaps not everything I WANT and grateful that I know the difference between the two.

Thank you villafalang for starting this thread. wai.gif

Edited by Jessi

I am thankful for all the thoughtful responses to my topic. It never crossed my mind that the word thankful would carry negative connotations for some and I am sorry for the discomfort caused by the word.

We had a rare night out and went to Le Meridien in Chiang Rai for our Thanksgiving Dinner as my wife was too busy to cook a turkey this year. We visited with a young guy sitting at the next table who knew nothing of Thanksgiving. My explanation to him when he asked was that it is a noncommercial holiday which focuses on family, friends and eating way too much food. Of course others might answer differently but that is how I see it.
Other words like grateful could have easily been substituted but the holiday is called Thanksgiving so I thought I would stick with the original terminology. Personally I do not imbue the term thankful with any religious meaning.

So maybe the OP has started a new Thanksgiving tradition here where one can write about how thankful they are for the wonderful life one has arranged for one's self here in Thailand and nobody is supposed to laugh at them.

However I'm thankful that, if I had a turkey for Thanksgiving, it would be just for me (roast chicken instead):

https://vimeo.com/12389925

Edited by JLCrab

I an thankful I don't have to continually point out that I don't give my wife money.

How else then can you prove she really loves you?

How does making anonymous claims to people I don't prove my wife loves me? For that matter, why do I need to prove anything?

I always assume the guys that go on and on about how stingy they are with their wives are the biggest suckers.

Does your dog love you? Quit feeding it and see how long it sticks around.

I am thankful for all the thoughtful responses to my topic. It never crossed my mind that the word thankful would carry negative connotations for some and I am sorry for the discomfort caused by the word.

We had a rare night out and went to Le Meridien in Chiang Rai for our Thanksgiving Dinner as my wife was too busy to cook a turkey this year. We visited with a young guy sitting at the next table who knew nothing of Thanksgiving. My explanation to him when he asked was that it is a noncommercial holiday which focuses on family, friends and eating way too much food. Of course others might answer differently but that is how I see it.

Other words like grateful could have easily been substituted but the holiday is called Thanksgiving so I thought I would stick with the original terminology. Personally I do not imbue the term thankful with any religious meaning.

And after your explanation he replied: you mean like every off day in Thailand...

thankful i was born when billions never will be

That does beg the question, ‘Why are thankful to have been born?’ Care to elaborate?

having never existed to appreciate being alive

You are thankful you were born because you never existed to appreciate being alive. Heavily dipping into the holiday cheer, eh?

What holiday? everyday is a holiday therefore there is no holiday, if the holiday is religious you can stick it

I an thankful I don't have to continually point out that I don't give my wife money.

I am thankful I dont have to give money to my thai wife...... She just takes it out of my wallet in the morning.. Problem solved.

Daughter is learning this thai custom..

Sent from my c64

Edited by wow64

thankful i was born when billions never will be

That does beg the question, ‘Why are thankful to have been born?’ Care to elaborate?

having never existed to appreciate being alive

You are thankful you were born because you never existed to appreciate being alive. Heavily dipping into the holiday cheer, eh?

What holiday? everyday is a holiday therefore there is no holiday, if the holiday is religious you can stick it

Why all the hate dude? Open your heart and let a little love in, it won't hurt you.

I am extremely thankful I do not live in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, The Emirates, Yemen, Kuwait, Israel, Egypt, Libya, Russia, Syria, Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Nigeria, Angola, or China. Very, very thankful for that. And I am thankful I live in Thailand for many reasons.

I am thankful I dont have to give money to my thai wife...... She just takes it out of my wallet in the morning.. Problem solved.

Daughter is learning this thai custom..

Sent from my c64

At least my wife asks first, and then does it. So far my 12 year old son hasn't reached that stage

yet.