Feeling Thankful I Live in Thailand.

villagefarang

Yesterday was Loy Krathong here in Thailand, a lovely holiday though our animals are not fond of the noise. Today is Thanksgiving and I am feeling thankful in so many ways. It is easy to glance over what we are thankful for and take for granted all the little things which go into making us happy and our lives fulfilling.

Health and fitness are high on my list, for without them I would not be able to enjoy much of what makes life worth living for me. Doctors and medication are not part of my life and I am thankful for that. I have no vices or addictions except coffee perhaps and of course the love of a good woman.
Love is way up there on the list of things to be thankful for. To love and to be loved adds an element of joy and comfort which I am not sure can be compensated for by other things in life. I would not trade the relationship I have with my wife for anything.
I am thankful that I found Thailand when I did, in my early twenties, and that I have been permitted to live here for the majority of my life.
I am thankful for this beautiful weather we are having right now. Cool clear nights with a full moon to illuminate the fields and mountains, a touch of fog in the mornings for mood enhancement and warm sunny days to brighten the spirits. The light this time of year is amazing.
I am thankful I don’t live too close to town, even though that means a long drive to do certain things. Living in Bangkok for thirty years I grew accustom to it taking an hour to get anywhere and often much longer. Now I live less than an hour from Chiang Rai and really enjoy the drive. Part of that is down to not living on a schedule, having nice roads with varied scenery and having a comfortable fun vehicle to get me where I am going.
What are you thankful for on this beautiful day?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Things I am thankful for;

1. George Lucas is no longer involved in the “Star Wars” movies.

2. Your address doesn’t contain the words “Gaza” or “Strip.”

3. That you’re not a turkey.

4. If you’re a chick: Channing Tatum. If you’re a dude: STILL Channing Tatum. He’s that hot.

5. “Twilight” is over.

6. McKayla Maroney’s “not impressed” face. Ha! That NEVER gets old!

7. Obama’s victory means four more years of crazy emails from your grandpa!

8. Your lonely existence means no wife to drag you to Black Friday sales. Victory!

9. It turned out to just be an easily treatable rash. Whew.

10. Even though you can’t afford a turkey, you gathered all the bread crumbs folks throw to the pigeons, so hello free stuffing!

11. Apparently, if you have a mental breakdown on your flight, you can spend the holiday in a holding cell as opposed to the torture chamber that is your childhood home.

12. All the free stuff you got this year by agreeing to vote for Obama.

13. When Steven Spielberg decided to make a film about an American president, he didn’t steal your idea for that awesome Millard Fillmore flick.

14. Your wife still believes you saw “Magic Mike” for the directing and storytelling.

15. You got a killer deal on that Christmas vacation in the Gaza Strip.

16. You’re skipping those Black Friday crowds by buying everyone their own copy of Windows 8.

17. Peace in the Middle East. Oops, spoke too soon.

18. You don’t have to skip Thanksgiving dinner to go to your shift at Walmart.

19. Because Obamacare caused your boss to make massive layoffs, you don’t have to worry about going back to work next week.

20. That Joe Simpson accepted your offer for a Thanksgiving jaunt down to Rio, where the two of you can put on your Speedos, rollerblade around, and talk about how you’re TOTALLY not gay.

21. That in a year filled with sex scandals, your name wasn’t ever mentioned.

22. Even though you lost the election, you still have an elevator just for your cars.

23. Two things . . . and they both belong to Sofia Vergara.

24. Facebook . . . because without it, you wouldn’t have visual proof that your friends are eating well.

Things I am thankful for;

1. George Lucas is no longer involved in the “Star Wars” movies.

2. Your address doesn’t contain the words “Gaza” or “Strip.”

3. That you’re not a turkey.

4. If you’re a chick: Channing Tatum. If you’re a dude: STILL Channing Tatum. He’s that hot.

5. “Twilight” is over.

6. McKayla Maroney’s “not impressed” face. Ha! That NEVER gets old!

7. Obama’s victory means four more years of crazy emails from your grandpa!

8. Your lonely existence means no wife to drag you to Black Friday sales. Victory!

9. It turned out to just be an easily treatable rash. Whew.

10. Even though you can’t afford a turkey, you gathered all the bread crumbs folks throw to the pigeons, so hello free stuffing!

11. Apparently, if you have a mental breakdown on your flight, you can spend the holiday in a holding cell as opposed to the torture chamber that is your childhood home.

12. All the free stuff you got this year by agreeing to vote for Obama.

13. When Steven Spielberg decided to make a film about an American president, he didn’t steal your idea for that awesome Millard Fillmore flick.

14. Your wife still believes you saw “Magic Mike” for the directing and storytelling.

15. You got a killer deal on that Christmas vacation in the Gaza Strip.

16. You’re skipping those Black Friday crowds by buying everyone their own copy of Windows 8.

17. Peace in the Middle East. Oops, spoke too soon.

18. You don’t have to skip Thanksgiving dinner to go to your shift at Walmart.

19. Because Obamacare caused your boss to make massive layoffs, you don’t have to worry about going back to work next week.

20. That Joe Simpson accepted your offer for a Thanksgiving jaunt down to Rio, where the two of you can put on your Speedos, rollerblade around, and talk about how you’re TOTALLY not gay.

21. That in a year filled with sex scandals, your name wasn’t ever mentioned.

22. Even though you lost the election, you still have an elevator just for your cars.

23. Two things . . . and they both belong to Sofia Vergara.

24. Facebook . . . because without it, you wouldn’t have visual proof that your friends are eating well.

Dude

You've got more head problems than Syria

A few made me smile though

So I'm thankful for that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That today I got my 30 day extention in an air con office with friendly staff.

My English breakfast was cooked and served hot with the usual friendly smile at my favourite eatery.

Tonight I will be sat with good, helpful friends (who helped me move condo the other day) having a chat to set the world to rights.

Tomorrow the g/f will be here for 2 days.

Life is good. It could certainly be a lot worse.

As annoying as the word 'thankful' is, at least I've yet to see the word 'blessed'...that word just, downright, give me the

creeps.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my USA brothers and sisters!

Suppose I'm thankful to not be shifting into holiday shopping gear -

I'm thankful for great friends here in Thailand and all around the world.

I'm thankful for my awesome family, especially my truly wonderful sister who in recent years has shouldered more than her fair share of the looking after our parents.

I'm very thankful for having the love of a beautiful girlfriend.

I'm grateful for my health and for being genetically predisposed to being tall and slim.

and I'm grateful for the opportunities I have in life.

Um, okay. I guess being thankful your wife didn't realise you watched a movie about male strippers because you like watching men get naked is something to be thankful for, yes.

I am thankful that I have moved from a wonderful, beautiful country that affords me the freedoms many others do not have.

I am thankful that I live in fear in a world full of crazy jihadists.

I am thankful I live in a country where I have no sense of belonging, no reasonable safety and very limited rights.

I am thankful there is a woman in my life who is willing, ready and able to lie to me, waste my time and take all my money.

I am thankful for knowing that there is good imported beer in my frig that I overpaid for and I don't have to drink the local crap that is overpriced and awful tasting.

I am thankful for the polite, honest and helpful police that are just a phone call away.

I am thankful for this forum that I can express my thankfulness and get instant replies that make me even more thankful and I can write this stupid reply being thankful for being thankful to all you thankful thankers.

I am thankful everyday... and I am BLESSED!!

Happy Thanksgiving, now go eat some good Indian food.... 5555 cheesy.gif

Edited by Nowisee

Yesterday was Loy Krathong here in Thailand, a lovely holiday though our animals are not fond of the noise. Today is Thanksgiving and I am feeling thankful in so many ways. It is easy to glance over what we are thankful for and take for granted all the little things which go into making us happy and our lives fulfilling.

Health and fitness are high on my list, for without them I would not be able to enjoy much of what makes life worth living for me. Doctors and medication are not part of my life and I am thankful for that. I have no vices or addictions except coffee perhaps and of course the love of a good woman.

Love is way up there on the list of things to be thankful for. To love and to be loved adds an element of joy and comfort which I am not sure can be compensated for by other things in life. I would not trade the relationship I have with my wife for anything.

I am thankful that I found Thailand when I did, in my early twenties, and that I have been permitted to live here for the majority of my life.

I am thankful for this beautiful weather we are having right now. Cool clear nights with a full moon to illuminate the fields and mountains, a touch of fog in the mornings for mood enhancement and warm sunny days to brighten the spirits. The light this time of year is amazing.

I am thankful I don’t live too close to town, even though that means a long drive to do certain things. Living in Bangkok for thirty years I grew accustom to it taking an hour to get anywhere and often much longer. Now I live less than an hour from Chiang Rai and really enjoy the drive. Part of that is down to not living on a schedule, having nice roads with varied scenery and having a comfortable fun vehicle to get me where I am going.

post-222557-14485320487754_thumb.jpg

:D

I'm thankful for the guys I have met through Thaivisa, one in particular (he knows who he is).

I'm thankful for my wife who gives me lots of love and doesn't mind when I go away for a few days on road trips on my motorbike.

I'm thankful my wife is a well educated lady who works and never comes to me for money as she has her own.

I'm thankful for the freedom I have to go to Bangkok and Pattaya, sometimes on my own, and sometimes with my Farang friends who live nearby.

I'm thankful to be in the best of health and have no addictions, not even coffee.

I'm thankful for my wifes family, whom I have never had a problem with in the ten years I have been in Thailand.

I'm thankful for the honesty of the Thai people all around me, the people who work in the local markets. shops etc.

I'm thankful for the guys I have met through Thaivisa, one in particular (he knows who he is).

I'm thankful for my wife who gives me lots of love and doesn't mind when I go away for a few days on road trips on my motorbike.

I'm thankful my wife is a well educated lady who works and never comes to me for money as she has her own.

I'm thankful for the freedom I have to go to Bangkok and Pattaya, sometimes on my own, and sometimes with my Farang friends who live nearby.

I'm thankful to be in the best of health and have no addictions, not even coffee.

I'm thankful for my wifes family, whom I have never had a problem with in the ten years I have been in Thailand.

I'm thankful for the honesty of the Thai people all around me, the people who work in the local markets. shops etc.

I'm thankful that I don't live next door to you.

Listening to you revvin ya bloody motorbike up!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

thankful i was born when billions never will be

That does beg the question, ‘Why are thankful to have been born?’ Care to elaborate?

having never existed to appreciate being alive

You are thankful you were born because you never existed to appreciate being alive. Heavily dipping into the holiday cheer, eh?

Edited by smotherb

I'm thankful for a crazy country where corruption is rife, Thai people drive like idiots, the food can vary from very bad to very good, and everyone smiles whether they mean it or not. Every day is an adventure for me, thank you Thailand.

I am thankful to Thailand and Thais for the hospitality they have extended me over 25 years here. Thankful to my wonderful wife and all of her family who have always been so helpful and supportive, having never taken anything in return. Thankful for having a wonderful wife who is always smiling. Thankful to our burmese maid who looks after our son like a mother while we are at work. And most most thankful to my elder brother and his wife who have selflessly sacrificed so much of their time to take care of our aged parents for the last 10 years with always a smile, never any ill feelings. Indeed, i feel blessed.

Nice OP ... thumbsup.gif

I don't 'live' in Thailand 100% of my time, so best to keep my trap shut.

That said, I'm probably thankfull for my Family.

The extended Thai Family who have accepted me and has been most helpfull.

They have given so much and have asked for little in return.

When I was single (ah, the memories facepalm.gif), the friendly ladies, Bangkok's affable and affordable nightlife, dentists fees, the BTS/MRT, the LoyKathrong/YI-Ping festival in the north.

So much/many more, but I'd said I shut my trap whistling.gif

So much to like about this place.