Front loading washing machines

I would like to buy a front loading washing machine.

They seem to start from about 11,xxx baht for a basic Samsung model, anyone have experience of these cheaper Samsung front loader's and could let me know if they have proved to be reliable or not?

I would only be a light user with 1 wash a week.

Thanks

As a long-time "ghetto washer" (i.e. top loader) user, I've been thinking of switching to a front loader if/when I move. How do you add liquid bleach? Just pour it into the drum before adding clothers? I've not seen a bleach dispenser in any models I've looked at.

As a long-time "ghetto washer" (i.e. top loader) user, I've been thinking of switching to a front loader if/when I move. How do you add liquid bleach? Just pour it into the drum before adding clothers? I've not seen a bleach dispenser in any models I've looked at.

Most front loaders will have a drawer to put the soap, bleach, softener, etc. and it will be put into the mix at the appropriate time. The OP mentions a low end Samsung and probably can't go wrong with that. We have a high end Samsung and very happy with it.

Most front loaders will have a drawer to put the soap, bleach, softener, etc. and it will be put into the mix at the appropriate time. The OP mentions a low end Samsung and probably can't go wrong with that. We have a high end Samsung and very happy with it.

I've downloaded owners manuals for a couple washers and they don't indicate anyplace in the dispenser for bleach. In fact, there is no mention of bleach at all, which seems odd. Nothing like, "Cannot/do not use liquid bleach" or "Here's where to add liquid bleach." At Power Buy and some other stores I've asked about using bleach and got a standard "canNOT," which I take with a grain of salt.

These screenshots are from the manuals for an Electrolux and an LG unit:

post-33251-0-04384500-1448624305_thumb.g post-33251-0-46958200-1448624327_thumb.g

According to the manuals, pre-wash slot is only emptied when a pre-wash cycle is selected and, of course, only during the pre-wash cycle.

Do most front-loaders have a bleach dispenser and I just been unlucky to not find one yet, or how do front-loader users add liquid bleach?

According to the manuals, pre-wash slot is only emptied when a pre-wash cycle is selected and, of course, only during the pre-wash cycle.

Do most front-loaders have a bleach dispenser and I just been unlucky to not find one yet, or how do front-loader users add liquid bleach?

Never seen a bleach dispenser,but as you suggest it could be put in the drum before starting the wash cycle.

I've never bleached any washing I don't think,also couldn't this be done by soaking in a bowl before washing in the machine.

I use non-chlorine liquid "bleach" (I think it's a hydrogen peroxide solution?) on my entire load of coloreds. Guess I could get a big tub to soak them before putting them in a regular wash cycle, but that seems like a big step down in convenience.

Found this Samsung page about adding bleach to their front loading washers. They say to put the bleach in the detergent slot of the dispenser. But, they also (emphatically) say "Do not mix bleach and detergent!" ??? I thought there was supposed to be an interaction between the bleach and detergent? Why NOT mix bleach and detergent?

I got the impression from a couple web pages that using bleach with laundry is not common in Europe. Is it an American thing?

Uhm, by selecting a pre-wash cycle and putting the bleach in the pre-wash dispenser?

Uhm, by selecting a pre-wash cycle and putting the bleach in the pre-wash dispenser?

Is using bleach in a cycle without detergent optimal? Somehow I got the idea the best method was to use bleach and detergent in the same cycle. Is that not correct? huh.png

Add the bleach to the main wash cycle after a few minutes. You can pour the bleach into the main detergent compartment and wash it down with a bit of water while the machine is running.

Here's why:

https://www.clorox.com/dr-laundry/detergentbleach-reaction/

Interesting: Both the idea that adding the bleach later in the cycle is better, and that you can add the bleach through the dispenser after the cycle has started. That sounds like the best solution. Thanks!