Extend Any Entry For 30 Days

You can only apply for the 60 day extension there is no 30 day extension for a non immigrant visa entry.

I'm also coming to the end of my last entry on a Multiple O Visa. I know I can go to Imm and get a 60 day extension but before that can I go to the border and do a quick out and in and get 30 days first and then go for 60 days at imm?

I'm sure I've read people saying that on here so I could stretch this Non O Multi another 3 months instead of just 2.

You would only get 15 days at a border crossing unless you are from a G7 country which would allow 30 days. You could then get a 60 day extension for that entry.

You could also get a 60 day extension do a border hop and get another 60 day extension.

I assume you have done or plan on doing an entry on or before the enter before date on your visa to get a new 90 day entry.

• Like 1

You would only get 15 days at a border crossing unless you are from a G7 country which would allow 30 days. You could then get a 60 day extension for that entry.

You could also get a 60 day extension do a border hop and get another 60 day extension.

I assume you have done or plan on doing an entry on or before the enter before date on your visa to get a new 90 day entry.

I'm from the UK Joe, so that means I should get 30 days at the border then? What to say if they refuse me the 30 days? They can be a funny bunch at the border, when I was last there he said I would next need to go to Imm and get an extension of stay for 30 days only based on marriage. I think these guys are a bit behind on the rules lol.

I've used my last entry on the Non O, the "enter before date" is the 30th of Sep and I'm stamped in until the 2nd of Dec.

I didn't know I could do a border hop and then get another 60 days at Imm, that's poses the question, is there any need to back to Laos for a new Non O Multi?

How long could I get away with do that?

I don't want to do the 1 year extension based on marriage because of all the carry on there seems to be to get it.

I'm from the UK Joe, so that means I should get 30 days at the border then? What to say if they refuse me the 30 days? They can be a funny bunch at the border, when I was last there he said I would next need to go to Imm and get an extension of stay for 30 days only based on marriage. I think these guys are a bit behind on the rules lol.

I've used my last entry on the Non O, the "enter before date" is the 30th of Sep and I'm stamped in until the 2nd of Dec.

I didn't know I could do a border hop and then get another 60 days at Imm, that's poses the question, is there any need to back to Laos for a new Non O Multi?

I don't want to do the 1 year extension based on marriage because of all the carry on there seems to be to get it.

A lot depends upon the border crossing you go to. There are now 3 crossings to Myanmar at this time that are not allowing crossing for a out/in visa exempt entry. At the others it would not be a problem.

Being able to do the 60 day extension after a a couple of exempt entries would depend upon the immigration office you have to use.

Doing visa exempt entries and 60 day extensions would not be a practical option since you can get the multiple entry non-o.

I suggest you get the 60 day extension for your current entry and then decide what you want to do after that.

Getting the new non-o next week would mean applying on Monday or Tuesday since the consulate will be closed on the 2nd and again on the 7th.

I don't understand what you are saying about getting the extension. It is now near as bad as some people try to make it out to be. I have done 8 of them and have it not found it to be a problem.

A lot depends upon the border crossing you go to. There are now 3 crossings to Myanmar at this time that are not allowing crossing for a out/in visa exempt entry. At the others it would not be a problem.

Being able to do the 60 day extension after a a couple of exempt entries would depend upon the immigration office you have to use.

Doing visa exempt entries and 60 day extensions would not be a practical option since you can get the multiple entry non-o.

I suggest you get the 60 day extension for your current entry and then decide what you want to do after that.

Getting the new non-o next week would mean applying on Monday or Tuesday since the consulate will be closed on the 2nd and again on the 7th.

I don't understand what you are saying about getting the extension. It is now near as bad as some people try to make it out to be. I have done 8 of them and have it not found it to be a problem.

That's reassuring to know, I may just give the 1 year ext a go then but does money need to be in Thai bank or can I show it coming in monthly into my UK account?

If that's a no-go and to prepare for the next time, do you suggest from now on, I transfer just over 40,000 baht a month into my wife's thai bank account from my UK or Paypal?

Would this be enough to qualify the financial side of things?

That's reassuring to know, I may just give the 1 year ext a go then but does money need to be in Thai bank or can I show it coming in monthly into my UK account?

If that's a no-go and to prepare for the next time, do you suggest from now on, I transfer just over 40,000 baht a month into my wife's thai bank account from my UK or Paypal?

You would prove your 40k baht income with a income letter from the UK embassy. Info for getting it is here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

Showing the money going into your UK bank account would be enough to get the letter.

You could get the 60 day extension and the apply for the one year extension during the last 30 days of it.

• Like 1

You would prove your 40k baht income with a income letter from the UK embassy. Info for getting it is here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

Showing the money going into your UK bank account would be enough to get the letter.

You could get the 60 day extension and the apply for the one year extension during the last 30 days of it.

I thought I'd hit a brick wall when you mentioned the UK embassy, I'm living all the way down in the South but I can mail the info to them, nice. I'll give this a bash.

Thanks Joe as usual reassuring, great advice!

Edited by BillyBobzTeeth

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I thought I'd try my luck at the border and try for the 30 days ( try and milk the Non O Multiple for another 3 months instead of 2 ) but before I went there I called in immigration and asked them how many days I'm entitled to.

After looking at my passport the nice lady in Satun immigration said 60 days extension, I asked her how many days would I get if I go out/in at the border, she said 30 days but then said "up to him at border"

So went to the border and handed my passport over and told him what Satun Imm said, he told me to go and speak his boss.

Told the boss the same and he started to get a little angry, asking me who was it who said 30 days at Satun Imm? I want to know their name? This is wrong! You leave today you no come back because you no have visa now.

After realizing I was misinformed, he calmed down and politely told me, the new government are changing the rules all the time and everyone isn't on the same page.

So off I went back to Satun Imm, I wanted to double check the docs I needed for the 60 day extension so called them up and asked.

A different lady asked me what visa I had, I told her Non Imm O Multiple. She said you can't get 60 day extension because you no have reason for stay. I told her I'm married and have a son and that I've had them before. She said you can only get a 1 year extension. Before losing it, I ended the call.

I called in about an hour later and made sure I spoke to the nice lady I saw earlier and got my 60 day extension without any problems.

After which I asked her what I needed for the 1 yr extension regards finances, after reading her manual she said 400k in a Thai bank or 65,000 baht a month salary. I asked her was that not 40,000 and she said no it's 65,000 baht.

I'm not sure if any of this will still stand a few weeks from now though :)

If you are from the UK you do get a 30 day entry at a border crossing under the G7 country rule.

From: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/services.pdf

"** If such nationals enter the Kingdom at the immigration checkpoints which border neighboring countries, they will be allowed to stay for 15 days each time, except (1) Malaysian nationals who cross the borderline from Malaysia, (2) Nationals of the G7 countries: USA, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Italy and Japan, whose granted period of stay will not exceed 30 days each time.In addition, such nationals who hold diplomatic and official passports are also practically exempted from visa for tourism."

If you are from the UK you do get a 30 day entry at a border crossing under the G7 country rule.

From: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/services.pdf

"** If such nationals enter the Kingdom at the immigration checkpoints which border neighboring countries, they will be allowed to stay for 15 days each time, except (1) Malaysian nationals who cross the borderline from Malaysia, (2) Nationals of the G7 countries: USA, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Italy and Japan, whose granted period of stay will not exceed 30 days each time.In addition, such nationals who hold diplomatic and official passports are also practically exempted from visa for tourism."

Yep! Agree, that's why I tried but they were having none of it at the Satun border Joe. I think that's why the Satun Imm Office lady said "up to him"

They must be aware of people being told otherwise by border Imm guys.

I'm not saying this applies to all borders but if anyone has similar circumstances to mine and you're going to Wang Prachan border in Satun, I would ask before you stamp out, what the rules are "that day" or you could find yourself not allowed back in.

The file I posted the link to also has the same info in Thai that could be shown at that border crossing.

That's worth a shot!

To me, he didn't look like the type of person that would appreciate being shown what the rules are lol so I avoided that but worth a shot for the braver folk out there for sure.