How to get an Indian visa in Phuket?

Bezpoleznyak

I need to get an indian visa. I thought I could do that in Malaysia but it turned out I can't because they accept applications only from the residents of Malaysia.

I can that in Bangkok but the prices of the tickets to India from Bangkok are 2 times higher than from Kuala Lumpur so I'll probably have to take a flight from Kuala Lumpur anyway.

Your suggestions? Singapore?

Edited by Bezpoleznyak

You could visit The High Commission of India in Singapore, and then fly with Tigerair who fly to several destinations in India.

That said, weigh up the costs of accommodation in Bangkok versus Singapore, as you may have to wait 2 days for the visa.

It may be cheaper to get it in Bangkok, due to cheaper accommodation options, versus the more expensive flight.

Cost it all out and take your pick.

If you are after a tourist visa you can get one online if you are from one of the following countries;

Andorra, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Island,Chile, China, China- SAR Hongkong, China- SAR Macau, Colombia, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand,Nicaragua, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Republic of Macedonia, Russia, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Sweden, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Turks & Caicos Island, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, United Kingdom, USA, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Vatican City-Holy See, Venezuela, Vietnam.

Yes, but I want to stay for over one month and besides the price of the 1 month visa is $60 -- too expensive for one month.

From the official Visa for India website, online applications also available

Visa Provision
Sl. No. Type of Visa Period for which granted Entry – Single (S), Multiple (M), Double Documents required with application Extendable in India 1 Tourist 180 days M - No

Used to be a Indian visa office next to the big super cheap....tried searching my emails and can't find the info. They get your visa within 7 days.

this is years back, last couple times i did it with the phuket town post office, very good service.

now they need your fingerprint so you have to go to bkk.

all of the friends of mine have never been asked to do so, they've done for it years in Bangkok with no trouble. Has it changed recently? when? Or maybe that's your friend who happened to be asked?

my friend had a workeprmit and no problems his lady friend on a tourist visa did have problem.

she where told to get the visa in her home country.

1 month ago.