Copper grease (No, not tea money)

ratcatcher

There is this topic ... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/429035-copper-grease/ I would have thought that any decent garage would use something like that ... you could try asking ... maybe there is an acceptable alternative over here. Transam might know, try asking him

Thanks, took your advice. Cheers.rcthumbsup.gif

Both Permatex and Loctite make it in small tubes so it is here somewhere. You'll need to try an auto parts store. Take a picture with you! I have some Carlube but it came from UK.

Thanks for the reply, but I need the grease for axle shafts on a small tractor, they have previously been seized to the wheel rims. Apparently copper grease prevents this.

Both Permatex and Loctite make it in small tubes so it is here somewhere. You'll need to try an auto parts store. Take a picture with you! I have some Carlube but it came from UK.

Thanks for the reply, but I need the grease for axle shafts on a small tractor, they have previously been seized to the wheel rims. Apparently copper grease prevents this.

Even though it is for a tractor one small tube will do a number of wheels. If you don't think one tube is enough buy two or three. They will have whichever netts the most money so may only have 1800 baht tubs anyway.

Same thing happens on my trucks. The cast rear brake drums corrode and expand into the wheel rim. If that is what happens to yours, a little touch with a dremel will open up the hole in the wheel rims.

Archived