• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 51

Bangkok Suffers Severe Smog as PM2.5 Levels Soar Amidst Heat Wave

2. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

3. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

4. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

5. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

6. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

7. 563

White Culture

8. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

9. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

10. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

11. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

12. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

13. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

14. 125

Trump chickens out again.

AdPocket unlocks potential of lock screen advertising

AdPocket unlocks potential of lock screen advertising

BANGKOK: Three leaders in Asia's digital marketing industry have joined forces to introduce the AdPocket smart-phone application to Thailand, enabling marketers to directly target today's modern consumers.

This digital marketing platform will transform the lock-screen into an alternative advertising platform, offering privileges to users and helping brands to directly reach consumers.

The partnership forecasts more than 4 million AdPocket users in Thailand by the end of next year.

AdPocket is a partnership between three companies - Click2Biz, EGG Digital and Futurestream Networks - all of which are leaders in the Asian digital marketing sector, said Tanapon Subsomboon, chief executive officer of Click2Biz.

The objective is to present a new form of digital media in the form of an application that transforms the mobile-phone lock-screen into an advertising platform where brands can directly reach target customers, he said.

Futurestream Networks laun-ched the application for the first time in South Korea in 2013, and it was an overwhelming success, he said, adding that it was now ready to branch out to Southeast Asia.

Thailand is the second country to launch the AdPocket app.

"Today, smart phones play an important role in our daily life. They are an essential tool that connects users to content and services online. There are 36 million smart-phone users in Thailand, and each day, Thai people spend four hours on their smart phone on average, three times more than the time spent watching television. They unlock their screen 50 times a day.

"These statistics present a great opportunity. Real customer behaviours are translated into a new media that can directly reach target customers anywhere, anytime. This is why the Lock-Screen-Ads application on Android, now named AdPocket, was developed. It offers a new solution to brands and advertisers, and users can turn boring unlocking into something that is fun - and they can turn their points earned from watching ads into special privileges," the CEO explained.

Today, AdPocket users can earn points from watching ads and redeem cash, top up their phone, exchange LINE Coins, get True Money value, buy apps on Play Store, play games on Facebook, |pay bills, or shop online at We|loveshopping or iTruemart, he added. In the introductory period, users who download AdPocket instantly receive 300 free points (Bt30) after registration, and 100 points (Bt10) by inviting a friend to download the app.

Users can also win daily surprises such as a Galaxy Note 5, gift vouchers from Siam Paragon, movie tickets, and Starbucks cards.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/AdPocket-unlocks-potential-of-lock-screen-advertis-30273882.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-11-28

Thais will just LOVE this, especially if they get FREE stuff. Just make sure to use the buzzword PRIVILEGE and they will be hooked for sure. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Personally, I won't touch it. I already run an AdBlocker on my android phone to stop ads on the free apps, plus a firwall to control who is allowed to phone home. The last thing I would want to do is download an app whose sole purpose is to spam me with ads, and now on the lock screen too. No thanks.

But at least it is voluntary, so those who want can have it.