Yamaha GT 125 vs Honda 125i Click

Flapwing

Bought the wife a GT125 just over a year ago. Great little scooter for her and fine for me nipping about. Seems rock solid as well.

If I were buying for myself, however, I'd be getting the Aerox. Got to have a better scooter than the wife! And it suits my slightly oversized frame a little better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Issanman said:

Yamaha GT125 comes with 80/80-14 front and 100/70-14 rear tires.

This is the size. the 100/70 rear is a hard size to find. Michelin don't have it.

I don't mind changing the size but the rear tyre is quite low profile and is very very close to the wheel arch.

@ stubuzz:

Are you sure 80/90 can fit the rear? 70 to 90 is a big jump considering the tyre is already close to the wheel arch. The closest michelin I could find was a 90/80

Yes the stock tyres suck in the wet.

7 hours ago, macknife said:

This is the size. the 100/70 rear is a hard size to find. Michelin don't have it.

I don't mind changing the size but the rear tyre is quite low profile and is very very close to the wheel arch.

@ stubuzz:

Are you sure 80/90 can fit the rear? 70 to 90 is a big jump considering the tyre is already close to the wheel arch. The closest michelin I could find was a 90/80

Yes the stock tyres suck in the wet.

I have them on my bike.  I will post a picture later.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2017 at 8:44 PM, macknife said:

@ stubuzz:

90/80 closer to stock than 80/90

Either will work okay

IpHA.

On 2017-5-30 at 7:23 PM, naboo said:

Bought the wife a GT125 just over a year ago. Great little scooter for her and fine for me nipping about. Seems rock solid as well.

If I were buying for myself, however, I'd be getting the Aerox. Got to have a better scooter than the wife! And it suits my slightly oversized frame a little better.

I think the OP should go for the Aerox too. 20,000 extra might seem like a lot but if you keep the bike for 7-8 years it's only 7 baht a day more. Worth it for a much better bike.

• Like 1

On 03/06/2017 at 8:24 AM, Henryford said:

I think the OP should go for the Aerox too. 20,000 extra might seem like a lot but if you keep the bike for 7-8 years it's only 7 baht a day more. Worth it for a much better bike.

I should have added that of course the Aerox will have a higher resale value so the extra cost over the GT125 is probably nearer 3 baht a day, a no brainer. Would you miss 3 baht a day?

6 hours ago, Namplik said:

I guess mag wheels is up to you on the GT also? Same as on the Click.....Personally I would choose mag wheels on scooters, it cost a little bit more but its worth it....

The GT125 comes with mag wheels only.

• Like 1

Well I tried to buy a gt125 but apparently even with a work permit you still need a residency cert. I explained to the saleslady I do not need a resi cert and have bought 3 scooters From mityon  with just my work permit and passport she called me a liar.

Go figure.

1 hour ago, Techno Viking said:

Well I tried to buy a gt125 but apparently even with a work permit you still need a residency cert. I explained to the saleslady I do not need a resi cert and have bought 3 scooters From mityon  with just my work permit and passport she called me a liar.

Go figure.

Go to another shop, there are many.

4 minutes ago, macknife said:

Go to another shop, there are many.

I will be going to the head office on Saturday to buy, where I have done previously and advise them to educate their staff in the smaller dealerships. Its a pain though as I need to buy it then take car home and get a mototaxi back to pick it up . The dealer local to me is a 5 minute walk from home hence I wanted to buy there.

Or maybe buy at head office and request pick up at local dealer................ hmm possibly rub some salt into the face saving ignorant staff member !!

Edited by Techno Viking