Android boxes and the like.

Deserted

Hi all, I was in a bar recently and watching some cricket which streamed perfectly onto a flat screen tv, picture was sharp, didn't cut out and so on. The owner said he'd paid about 6k for some kind of box and got 100's of channels from it.

What kind of box did he have (he mentioned something about Android but it had a strange name) and what sort of speed would I need at home to get it working.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a few options.

One is to get an android set top box for around 2,000 Baht.

Load it with IlikeHD. Download it from google play.

Pay around 500 Baht a month and get stacks of channels including all the cricket you need.

Test it on your computer screen first for a few baht for a 2 or 3 hour package. http://knd1.ilikehd.com/

There are other options which you will probably see here soon.

Edited by Red Parrot Fish

Amazon Fire TV Stick $25.

Stalker sub for a year $105

Total about Bt4600.

Gets you 700+ premium channels, including all of Sky Sport, BT Sport and loads of US channels.

Plugs in your HDMI socket, connects to Wifi and away you.

I'm watching the Test right now on Sky Sports 2.

Added: There are free options, some of which leech off stalker, but they are unreliable and a pain in the behind if you are new to Kodi, so don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

There are also other paid subs, but I've never found Stalker anything but completely dependable. Also have it on my phone and tablets.

Edited by Chicog

as Red Parrot Fish says, IlikeHD is a top option.

I pay for 2 packages, UKTV and the full sports package.

Total cost per month is 550 baht, True money top ups purchased from 7eleven.

It has the full range of all the programmes shown in the UK, and all the sports including every Premier League game and the European competitions.

So could someone please clarify, if I buy a tv with HDMI cable I can stream from wifi but this might not be the best option, an android box with illike HD would be better?

Your statement (HDMI cable, stream from WiFi) doesn't quite make sense.

If you buy a 'Smart TV', some of them will come with the ability to run applications and 'stream' media content over the Internet.

If you have a TV with HDMI ports, then you can connect using HDMI cable to some sort of 'HD Set Top Box' (Cable, Sat, Internet, MultiMedia Player, whatever) to send Audio/Video to the TV/Display.

If the Set Top Box is running 'android' you'll have multiple options to either watch LOCAL content you have stored on a memory card, portable hard drive, shared over your network from your computer or network storage device, OR more promising, from an ONLINE CONTENT provider like iLikeHD, Stalker subscription service, IPTV app, or even Kodi Media Center.

So could someone please clarify, if I buy a tv with HDMI cable I can stream from wifi but this might not be the best option, an android box with illike HD would be better?

Yes. Of course you can stream from a pc....a "box" is so cheap its better to just purchase one set it up under your tv and forget about it. Or like was mentioned before firestick is good too. The process of Hooking up a computer to a tv every time you want to watch gets old real quick.

Kodi rocks! Once you get over the learning curve, you will never pay for media again.

Edited by 2fishin2

Try I like HD on your computer first and see how it goes.

View every channel for a few hours. Around 50 Baht.

BTW the night test match with the pink ball looks stunning. Showing now.

yes not expensive but why apy anything when it is available for free???

Total about Bt4600.

Gets you 700+ premium channels, including all of Sky Sport, BT Sport and loads of US channels.

Added: There are free options, some of which leech off stalker, but they are unreliable and a pain in the behind if you are new to Kodi, so don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

There are also other paid subs, but I've never found Stalker anything but completely dependable. Also have it on my phone and tablets.

Yes but I have android box and I have sky 1 2 3 4 5 , all bt, fox, ufc, football, u.s. football, basketball, hockey, all movies, tv shows, archived or live... it is all in the software as well as the hardware but like i mentioned I don't pay a dime amd have access.

Total about Bt4600.

Yes but I have android box and I have sky 1 2 3 4 5 , all bt, fox, ufc, football, u.s. football, basketball, hockey, all movies, tv shows, archived or live... it is all in the software as well as the hardware but like i mentioned I don't pay a dime amd have access.

So amazon firestick and chromecast can be bought in Thailand. Amazon won't deliver them to Thailand.

as Red Parrot Fish says, IlikeHD is a top option.

I pay for 2 packages, UKTV and the full sports package.

Total cost per month is 550 baht, True money top ups purchased from 7eleven.

It has the full range of all the programmes shown in the UK, and all the sports including every Premier League game and the European competitions.

I think that's the option I would go for. SO I don't need a smart tv, just one with HDMI ports?

Yes, I realise there are links and addons all over the place but they are not reliable.

I'm specifically talking about live streaming TV.

The rest is available every which way but loose.

Which add-on do you install for stalker?

The subscription channels can be viewed using

Set Top Boxes using Stalker 'middleware'

MAG 250 linux

MAG 254 linux

AVOV TVOnline +/2 or VIXO2 android box

Kodi Software 'stalker' addons

(Video add-on)

IPTV Stalker

(PVR Client)

PVR Stalker NFPS

PVR Stalker (0.8.4) with epg.ninja

IPTV Stalker Modification (9.0.21) and iVue Guide
PVR IPTV Simple Client w/ IPTV Stalker and epg.ninja
Sideload apk for Android Box (ARM/x86)
IPTV StbEmu Release thread - General version by mvas

I can't stream BBCIplayer or PBS programs due to internet limitations.

How can these KODI services overcome the slow, unstable internet we all suffer with?

Do like me, wait a day after the shows have aired and watch them after they have been downloaded. Takes most of the streaming issues out of the equation. Also with the time difference, I dont understand why the fascination with "live tv."

I can't stream BBCIplayer or PBS programs due to internet limitations.

How can these KODI services overcome the slow, unstable internet we all suffer with?

No streaming solution is going to work if your internet is rubbish.

But judging by the people that have no problems, that is a separate issue.

My internet speeds are sufficient but streaming live TV is a whole different ball game.

Anything I watch on Genesis,movies TV series not a problem.

Load up Zeus and attempt to watch TV waste of time.

If you search for a while it's possible to find decent streams but again much depends on the time of day etc.

Mobdro no longer working as is Dexters TV unless like me you have a password and email set up from a while back.

KODI are nearing ready to release a new version see what that does.

Ilikehd .. probably the best but still mediocre experience. Channels not available, out of sync, freeze .. things you might experience every day. The movies and TV series are ok, but it's illegal stuff.

So why would one pay a fee for using an illegal service?

In my case, reliability.