Android boxes and the like.

Deserted

You can try contacting JSAT.tv. They used to sell Satellite DVB Systems, but have switched exclusively to Android/Linux Internet Set Top Boxes, Media Center systems, and subscriptions packages.

They only seem to do the free stuff that you can get from Filmon or USTVNow.

Or do they have unpublished "subscription" packages wink.png

They seem to have updated their business model to sell only the set-top-box.

When you purchase a JSAT media center you also get all the free IPTV. We sell the hardware that enables free IPTV only, so this means we do not provide any of the content, as all the IPTV is just a free addon to our media centers."

"...fully understood we are NOT a content provider"

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nvidia is good….but i believe its more for gamers or you're wasting half the capabilities.

But if you can afford it, then its one of the best….you'll probably get zero buffering if you pair it to a decent fibre connection.

I'm sure that with an Nvidia box and the best fibre connection money can buy, he will still get buffering on Genesis for the moment.

You can try contacting JSAT.tv. They used to sell Satellite DVB Systems, but have switched exclusively to Android/Linux Internet Set Top Boxes, Media Center systems, and subscriptions packages.

They only seem to do the free stuff that you can get from Filmon or USTVNow.

Or do they have unpublished "subscription" packages wink.png

They seem to have updated their business model to sell only the set-top-box.

When you purchase a JSAT media center you also get all the free IPTV. We sell the hardware that enables free IPTV only, so this means we do not provide any of the content, as all the IPTV is just a free addon to our media centers."

"...fully understood we are NOT a content provider"

A lot of resellers used to buy stalker subscriptions load them on the boxes and sell at a profit.

Then stalker implemented serious security measures to prevent leachers.

Now you have to complete a settings page that will make your head spin…but once you get it, the thing works great!

Many resellers started getting calls from irate customers about connections not working due to these measures….so they stopped selling iptv loaded.

If u have shit slow internet, torrents will take days to download. Good internet always helps.

Glad you caught what I was thinking also. If you can download torrents you can stream media.

Not a prayer at my place. I can start a few torrents on a Saturday and come back and watch them a few days later when they're done downloading. Sometimes, it's late in the week before they're done. So I always keep a backlog- which would suck if I were a sports fan at all.

Like most guys I have very few virus issues with the videos themselves. But quite often there's some flags with the .txt and other crap that comes with the videos. They get scanned on their way in, and I fire up Malwarebytes (sp?) before I click on anything new.

Back in China, I used bandit software because I couldn't even find legal stuff. Loads of viruses. Here in BKK, I can get whatever I'm willing to pay for legally through our corporate IT guys.

That's not right…you may need to open a port on your router to enable torrent or whatever torrent client you're using.

The settings you choose in your torrent client are important too….google it….

Nvidia is good….but i believe its more for gamers or you're wasting half the capabilities.

But if you can afford it, then its one of the best….you'll probably get zero buffering if you pair it to a decent fibre connection.

I'm sure that with an Nvidia box and the best fibre connection money can buy, he will still get buffering on Genesis for the moment.

Genesis has been kinda abandoned by lambda for the moment so it might just fizzle out and stop working one day.

Thankfully there are many other add ons that work….SALTS is great, so is 1Channel.

That's not right…you may need to open a port on your router to enable torrent or whatever torrent client you're using.

Thanks. I'll look into it, but torrents aren't my only issue. Even Outlook on corporate VPN is like cold molasses on many days.

I run speedtest once in a while and get results something like 5% of what they should be. And on other days, it's better- all the way up to 20% of what it should be- rarely better. And it's worse when it rains- I don't know if it's wet wires, or everyone on the interweb because it's raining outside.

I just figured I'm at the end of a long soi and that's the short end of the stick...

Someone shitting on torrents has simply no clue. Ever seen a torrent download at 80MBs .. guess not.

We're not crapping on torrents. But when you download the fastest torrent on a dismal internet connection, you get a dismal speed. Not the torrent's fault, but it doesn't bode well for streaming if it takes 8 hours to download a 2 hour movie.

When I first moved into my apartment 4 years ago, I was gobsmacked at how fast they downloaded compared to where I came in from.

Flash forward 4 years, no change in router or settings, no change in ISP plan, no change in torrent settings, and now it's dismal. The only thing that changed is the occupancy rate and new apartment buildings at the end of my soi, and I suspect a few new streamers and gamers have the bandwidth monopolized...

BTW, the only way I get 80Mb/sec is if I've got the same torrent on 2 of my computers on my wired network. My HD won't go 80MB/Sec as far as I can tell.

Edited by impulse

I never said that I get 80MBs on my local setup, but it isn't a rarity on my seedbox. Use a private tracker (iptorrents or similar), seedbox (ssd not required) and you will be ok with recent stuff. Older stuff might be, due the the low number of seeders, a problem. Use the right tools.

Speedtests mean nothing...at best...a comparison of computers going through the same isp, gateway, and server destination.

Actual speed is quite different...and could be slower...depending on traffic/processing at final destination.

Bit torrent speed..of course...depends on health of the torrent/seeders...and possibly throttling down at the isp.

I never said that I get 80MBs on my local setup, but it isn't a rarity on my seedbox. Use a private tracker (iptorrents or similar), seedbox (ssd not required) and you will be ok with recent stuff. Older stuff might be, due the the low number of seeders, a problem. Use the right tools.

Fiber ISP account?

To be clear, I was talking about the speed of download on the seedbox. Of course, downloading is restricted to the speed of your isp (in my case almost close to 2MBs on FTP 16mbits). But I bet its still faster than downloading a torrent on a 200mbits connection).

Was looking at the AIS website earlier, they seem to have their own box with an internet package that seems reasonably priced. Would that be worth looking into? It did seem that in spite of its many channels on offer, they were mostly domestic.

Thanks. I'll look into it, but torrents aren't my only issue. Even Outlook on corporate VPN is like cold molasses on many days.

I run speedtest once in a while and get results something like 5% of what they should be. And on other days, it's better- all the way up to 20% of what it should be- rarely better. And it's worse when it rains- I don't know if it's wet wires, or everyone on the interweb because it's raining outside.

I just figured I'm at the end of a long soi and that's the short end of the stick...

Long shot….but when speeds are 20% of what they should be somethings definitely up.

Check your router settings.

If you have inadvertently (or knowingly) activated QOS settings or media prioritisation, that chokes the bandwidth by at least 90%.

I had similar issues and turned off media prioritisation and speeds suddenly went way way up.

Was looking at the AIS website earlier, they seem to have their own box with an internet package that seems reasonably priced. Would that be worth looking into? It did seem that in spite of its many channels on offer, they were mostly domestic.

AIS PlayBox TV Movie HOOQ Sports Karaoke

Some reports on AIS and the PlayBox in this Chiang Mai thread:

Started by nivram4491, 2015-08-01 13:22

Genesis has been kinda abandoned by lambda for the moment so it might just fizzle out and stop working one day.

Thankfully there are many other add ons that work….SALTS is great, so is 1Channel.

Not true

Not true

this is definitely NOT true and this rumour is put about by those who are about to charge for their repo in kodi to scare everyone into buying their offering (which is mickey mouse to say the least)

Not true

this is definitely NOT true and this rumour is put about by those who are about to charge for their repo in kodi to scare everyone into buying their offering (which is mickey mouse to say the least)

If you go to the tvaddons forum, in the Lambdas repository section, there are posts from Lambda himself that say he is taking a break….there is also a guy called Rodrigo who helps Lambda refine certain things….i got the clear impression from them that they were a bit sick of the whole thing.

UPDATE - 05 December 2015

Hello friends! I haven't been around much as I have been dealing with some personal issues, nothing to do with Genesis or lambda. I hope to be able to return in full soon. With that said a very quick update on Genesis:

While lambda has still not decided whether 'Genesis' will continue or not he and the code have certainly not been idle.

<snip>

Look to this post for future updates on 'Genesis' and ignore any claims coming from other sources.

Posted on behalf of lambda
Edited by TheCruncher

By the way, the absolute best android box is a Amazon Fire Box, its a bit more complicated to add kodi and android apps, but worth the effort as the hardware/firmware is the best that you can buy.

Nvidia Shield?

no side loading of apps required either thumbsup.gif

I have yet to try the Nvidia Shield.

The Amazon Fire only needs two apps to be side loaded, a decent file browser and firestarter.. very easy and after that you can install all your apps just about as easily as any other box. Top be honest, if you cannot follow instructions to side load an app then the whole thing of installing and configuring android apps properly will maybe be too much anyway.

I have tried 20+ different boxes over the last 6 months and Amazon Fire is the best I have used and it has the best remote control also.

However, many boxes have their pros and cons. Best value is probably a good MXQ box, Best Online Support is Minix or Matricom, best overall ease of use is a Apple TV (provided you don't mind paying for content).. so there is no easy answer to the "best box" question.

No hardware can eliminate buffering on on an app like Genesis, PEAR or Dexter because it all depends on the quality of the source. If you have a slower connection try something like filmon, if that does not work for you in SD mode then nothing will.

• 3 months later...

While watching CNN Fox News and some other channels they freeze after about 17 seconds - every time I start the stream. Other streams work perfectly.

Has anyone watched CNN or Fox news on MOBDRO and had it streamed without freezing?

• 1 month later...