Android boxes and the like.

Deserted

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then the 5 minute advertising blocks on most channels every 15 minutes. Torrents are the best way to go.

Sorry to disagree but, torrents are old news. Kodi and in particular streaming are the way the future of media sharing is involving into. There are soooo many reasons to not torrent and for every one of those there is a better and more safer way to stream, or use Kodi.

Only if you have good and reliable internet.

Otherwise torrents are the only answer for some.

If u have shit slow internet, torrents will take days to download. Good internet always helps.

And then the 5 minute advertising blocks on most channels every 15 minutes. Torrents are the best way to go.

Sorry to disagree but, torrents are old news. Kodi and in particular streaming are the way the future of media sharing is involving into. There are soooo many reasons to not torrent and for every one of those there is a better and more safer way to stream, or use Kodi.

If u have shit slow internet, torrents will take days to download. Good internet always helps.

Slow internet will still allow you to use torrents.Just need patience and an existing supply of good shows (albeit downloaded at shit speeds) to watch.biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Edited by tlcwaterfall

A 30/3 connection is all you need....

Wow is that all you need?

Not all the members here have the availability of high speed internet. So again torrents are the answer for some.

I have a 10/1 connection and during the weekends I have 2 Kodi boxes simultaneous streaming HD movies , without any problems

Glad you caught what I was thinking also. If you can download torrents you can stream media.

Quite a few options.

One is to get an android set top box for around 2,000 Baht.

Load it with IlikeHD. Download it from google play.

Pay around 500 Baht a month and get stacks of channels including all the cricket you need.

Test it on your computer screen first for a few baht for a 2 or 3 hour package. http://knd1.ilikehd.com/

There are other options which you will probably see here soon.

I have just completed my first month's subscription with iLikeHD, having used ExpatTV for a few years. I find iLikeHD is sometimes intermittent, unreliable and cumbersome. I need about 200 mouse-clicks before I can actually watch something. Half the programmes are showing in 480 quality instead of 720 - all squashed up. That includes my favourites, History, Discovery and Animal Planet. It keeps on 'hanging' while streaming. This is nothing to do with my internet connection...had NO problems with ExpatTV!

I take back everything I said above about iLikeHD. They sorted my problems out very efficiently and promptly in no time! Happy viewing...

I can't stream BBCIplayer or PBS programs due to internet limitations.

How can these KODI services overcome the slow, unstable internet we all suffer with?

Do like me, wait a day after the shows have aired and watch them after they have been downloaded. Takes most of the streaming issues out of the equation. Also with the time difference, I dont understand why the fascination with "live tv."

its not really rocket science, sports suck when you already know the outcome.

Downloaded a

t least 500 things from TPB with no problems

Do you check each file with a virus scan after you download it? And I cry BS on your post.

I d/l dozens every week and not one virus. But I don't d/l pirate software.

Amazon Fire TV Stick $25.

Stalker sub for a year $105

Total about Bt4600.

Gets you 700+ premium channels, including all of Sky Sport, BT Sport and loads of US channels.

Plugs in your HDMI socket, connects to Wifi and away you.

I'm watching the Test right now on Sky Sports 2.

Added: There are free options, some of which leech off stalker, but they are unreliable and a pain in the behind if you are new to Kodi, so don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

There are also other paid subs, but I've never found Stalker anything but completely dependable. Also have it on my phone and tablets.

Yes but I have android box and I have sky 1 2 3 4 5 , all bt, fox, ufc, football, u.s. football, basketball, hockey, all movies, tv shows, archived or live... it is all in the software as well as the hardware but like i mentioned I don't pay a dime amd have access.

Unless i missed something, what software do you you use on the Android box?

Regarding Ilikehd .. now it might be ok again, tomorrow new problems arise. But you can't blame Ilikehd completely. They depend mostly on the people they steal from. 555

And about torrents against streaming ... keep yourself to private trackers. I downloaded Tbytes without any problem. And if your torrent connection is slow because your isp throttles... use a seedbox and download at good speed. It's safer too. I do use Kodi, but only to organize and play series and movies. Ive used dozens of streaming solutions. They ranged from shit to utter shit. Someone shitting on torrents has simply no clue. Ever seen a torrent download at 80MBs .. guess not.

Edited by sniffdog

If someone has a not needed old Windows or Mac Computer or laptop with TV out or HDMI can install KODI too. Very easy!!!

http://kodi.tv/download/

You don't need a Android TV Box!!!

If your TV is Internet ready just open a online tv website in your TV Browser and look the channels. ;-) easiest way!!!

Edited by snowgard

If someone has a not needed old Windows or Mac Computer or laptop with TV out or HDMI can install KODI too. Very easy!!!

http://kodi.tv/download/

You don't need a Android TV Box!!!

If your TV is Internet ready just open a online tv website in your TV Browser and look the channels. ;-) easiest way!!!

Its not about "needing" a box its about convenience.

And, the only TV you can install Kodi on is a Sony as its the only Android OS on a TV

And, the only TV you can install Kodi on is a Sony as its the only Android OS on a TV

This I don't know. But I have 2 Android TV Boxes and Kodi is running on 1 PC and 1 notebook.

But the most TV I look direct on my PC with Chrome!!! No Kodi needed!!!

Edited by snowgard

OKay, since I started the thread I feel I am entitled to another question or two. I have spent much time going through this thread, thanks to all those who have contributed, but I find the variety of options and set ups a little confusing. Returning to my original point, the bar I was in had a box and flat screen tv, the owner said he called some local guy up paid 6000 baht and he set the whole thing up with box and I don't know how many channels.

Does someone know of a shop/person that I can go to and select the best options and installation for me? I'm not good with installing stuff. I will be in Bangkok.

Last question, I was planning to buy another tv anyway as our present one is a bit old. Given that I want to use it exclusively for streaming with a box of some kind, could someone suggest a good tv too. It needs to be flat screen, big but not too big, can hang on a wall and I would like to see change out of 15k.

Thanks

...I find the variety of options and set ups a little confusing. Returning to my original point, the bar I was in had a box and flat screen tv, the owner said he called some local guy up paid 6000 baht and he set the whole thing up with box and I don't know how many channels.

Does someone know of a shop/person that I can go to and select the best options and installation for me? I'm not good with installing stuff. I will be in Bangkok.

You can try contacting JSAT.tv. They used to sell Satellite DVB Systems, but have switched exclusively to Android/Linux Internet Set Top Boxes, Media Center systems, and subscriptions packages.

...I find the variety of options and set ups a little confusing. Returning to my original point, the bar I was in had a box and flat screen tv, the owner said he called some local guy up paid 6000 baht and he set the whole thing up with box and I don't know how many channels.

You can try contacting JSAT.tv. They used to sell Satellite DVB Systems, but have switched exclusively to Android/Linux Internet Set Top Boxes, Media Center systems, and subscriptions packages.

Cheers, much appreciated.

They only seem to do the free stuff that you can get from Filmon or USTVNow.

Or do they have unpublished "subscription" packages ;)

By the way, the absolute best android box is a Amazon Fire Box, its a bit more complicated to add kodi and android apps, but worth the effort as the hardware/firmware is the best that you can buy.

Nvidia Shield?

no side loading of apps required either thumbsup.gif

post-62077-0-50979900-1449385666_thumb.p

Glad you caught what I was thinking also. If you can download torrents you can stream media.

Not a prayer at my place. I can start a few torrents on a Saturday and come back and watch them a few days later when they're done downloading. Sometimes, it's late in the week before they're done. So I always keep a backlog- which would suck if I were a sports fan at all.

Like most guys I have very few virus issues with the videos themselves. But quite often there's some flags with the .txt and other crap that comes with the videos. They get scanned on their way in, and I fire up Malwarebytes (sp?) before I click on anything new.

Back in China, I used bandit software because I couldn't even find legal stuff. Loads of viruses. Here in BKK, I can get whatever I'm willing to pay for legally through our corporate IT guys.