What Are Your Hobbies In Thailand?

austallia_1980

I have a California Gym Membership which cost me about 20K baht for 2 years (I think this is a pretty good deal).. but unforchanatly it does not come with a swimming pool.

I am also trying to learn Thai language. I am not taking a class though. This is just on my own.

Outside of this, I use the internet, go out to eat, and watch movies. I am in a long term relationship, so chasing girls is out of the picture.

so what are your hobbies?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's a great online chess site I play on, www.gameknot.com. If anybody fancies a game, sign up and send me a pm.

I use too play chess a lot , I will sign up on that site and have a look

macb

Edited by macb

Well I play a quest game:

www.battleon.com

Also got games from www.popcap.com

There are some good games there

Not forgetting the time I spend on A Forum hang on I forget the name ummmm oh yeah Thaivisa hahaha.

I have a large garden I potter about in, sometimes do a bit around the Farm , run out on the m/c and got a great wife, and meeting recently some good friends, so bored nah not really.

macb

Depending where you are in Thailand - diving should definitely be on your schedule. I dicovered it over there and unfortunatelly I can't dive as much as I want now because it's much less fun in cold europe - go for it !

KY

Chess over the net - dunno, like to be able to punch the partner :o

I used to help friends in their bars, to get people in there, or serving, or keeping them drunk.

I also helped littel 12 year olds with their maths and english homework, took them on outings (to, say, a buddhist temple to learn meditation techniques, to the tiger temple in Kan,...)

i also drank a fair bit back int hose days...

I have a California Gym Membership which cost me about 20K baht for 2 years (I think this is a pretty good deal).. but unforchanatly it does not come with a swimming pool.

I am also trying to learn Thai language. I am not taking a class though. This is just on my own.

Outside of this, I use the internet, go out to eat, and watch movies. I am in a long term relationship, so chasing girls is out of the picture.

so what are your hobbies?

I spend a bit of time trying to work out why an older American calls himself Austallia_1980 and mispells it!

:o

Edited by Old Croc

There's a great online chess site I play on, www.gameknot.com. If anybody fancies a game, sign up and send me a pm.

I use too play chess a lot , I will sign up on that site and have a look

macb

Mac and all,

I play chess too. I am trying to get some from the Surin area to maybe set up a chess club (very informal) to play once in a while at the Farang Connection maybe, or somewhere we can go where we can have a few games once in a while. Anyone in Surin who plays and wants to have a few games in person (rather than over the net-although that is an option as well)? A friend of mine was just here up from Bangkok Friday and we played a few games in his hotel while the wives did some shopping. Always nice to play a few games. Relaxing, and helps keep in practice.

Cent

does anyone know where i can find a digital photography class or club in bangkok?

what about digital video?

amateur photographers filmmakers out there?

how is the rental equipment in bkk?

As there is a great Photogtaphy and Arts sub-forum here, maybe we can start a club.

I have two friends who are professional cameramen and come here for holidays.

For me, I love Golf, but I have not played for over 4 years and seriously for more.

I like Photography and Video, and I like playing with all the gear and try to do stuff. As Editing gear and software is so easy to get its a good place to be.

I also like playing with electronics, so pay day come and I go to Fortune or Pantip to find something interesting.

Maybe if we are really lucky, we can get KanWin to give us a chat about simple stuff like framing a picture, and rule of thirds etc.

A nice Englishman lives in Roi-Et. He's a photographer. His website is :

http://www.dominicrouse.com

You may not like his style, but he is a master in digital photography.

In my free time, I like to play in my garden, watch my fish, cook, plan my next trip and go out with friends for a beer, and much more.

Now theres a man after my own heart. :o

Good to see so many chess players, I used to play a little, amateurism at its worst maybe, but have completely stopped due to nobody playing it anymore.

Not in LOS, but will give the site a bash to see what it is like.

Good to see the game isn't dead and buried.

Moss

My life centers around three activities:

1. I exercise everyday.

2. I pursue my interest in mathematics and physics everyday (mathematical logic, axiomatic set theory, topology, functional analysis, and analysis on manifolds).

3. I try to engage in interesting and enjoyable conversation everyday.

-q

Edited by quadricorrelator

My life centers around three activities:

1. I exercise everyday.

2. I pursue my interest in mathematics and physics everyday (mathematical logic, axiomatic set theory, topology, functional analysis, and analysis on manifolds).

3. I try to engage in interesting and enjoyable conversation everyday.

-q

Can I ask you to please supply some good links to interesting maths and physics sites, to keep the ol' brain ticking over? I am quite sharp, but no Nobel price winner, so easy does it!