Passenger robbed, assaulted, girlfriend abducted

rooster59

Passenger robbed, assaulted, girlfriend abducted

BANGKOK: A Greater Bangkok taxidriver, along with his friends, yesterday reportedly robbed and assaulted a Myanmar passenger before abducting his two-month-pregnant girlfriend in Pathum Thani's Sam Khok district, police said.

The slightly injured victim Ong Su, 34, who is a worker, was found in Tambon Chiang Rak Noi. He told police that he and his 22-year-old girlfriend hailed a green-yellow taxi with unknown licence plate number from Rangsit area to go to Samut Prakan province when the cabbie stopped by a gas station. Suddenly two male friends of the cabbie showed up to sit in the car with them and when they reached an isolated area, they dragged him out to beat him up while one culprit held his girlfriend down, the victim said.

The group then took his purse with Bt500 cash and a Bt6,000-worth cell phone, before fleeing with the victim's girlfriend still in the car, he said, adding that he crawled out from the area to get help to alert police.

Later yesterday evening, police was alerted that the abducted woman, who reportedly was unharmed, was brought and left at a construction site in Bangkok's Don Muang area.

Police also issued arrest warrants for the taxidriver and his two friends based on the CCTV footage that captured them.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Passenger-robbed-assaulted-girlfriend-abducted-30273919.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-11-29

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ah ...... another taxi driver doing his thing !! thainess at it's best !

Don't know where you get Thainess at it's best from, this is nothing to do with normal Thai's, there is a criminal element in all countries.

I'm just happy to hear that the gf was found unharmed.

Don't know where you get Thainess at it's best from, this is nothing to do with normal Thai's, there is a criminal element in all countries.

'criminal element in all countries.'

I think taxi drivers in most all countries don't go around kidnapping & robbing their passengers.

but .... like you mentioned it's good she was found not harmed.

"Normal Thai's" 555 as compared to what, abnormal Thai's?

If your too ignorant to figure it out, I meant normal as in the Thai people in general, and just because you don't read about it in the news in other countries doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

I think taxi drivers in most all countries don't go around kidnapping & robbing their passengers.

the thainess angle is that the police will more than likely be reluctant to provide any assistance to the victim or be bothered to pursue the perpetrator.

there's also the prevailing attitude here that a thai can do no wrong.

thainess.

If your too ignorant to figure it out, I meant normal as in the Thai people in general, and just because you don't read about it in the news in other countries doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

so you are saying that if a similar incident happened in a new York cab or a London taxi, and was reported to the police, that it would not be unusual enough to be a news story in those cities? Are you sure?

Edited by bangon04

This country is getting worse everyday ,about time for real punishment for these scumbags

It is just about hit rock bottom now. When I came here over 30 years ago it was nothing like it is now. Time for tourists to find another country to visit and spend their money

Yes, she is lucky she wasn't raped... mellow.png

The poster is correct. As much as I love Thailand, it has degenerated tremendously from what it once used to be. There is too much lawlessness and a disregard for other people. Thailand has become like the West. Too much materialism and consumerism. It's a real shame. I hope the perpetrators are caught and dealt with harshly. There needs to be a message sent that this type of behavior will not be tolerated/

The poster is correct. As much as I love Thailand, it has degenerated tremendously from what it once used to be. There is too much lawlessness and a disregard for other people. Thailand has become like the West. Too much materialism and consumerism. It's a real shame. I hope the perpetrators are caught and dealt with harshly. There needs to be a message sent that this type of behavior will not be tolerated/

Thailand has become more like the west in the pursuit of gratification and material gain, yet lacks the law enforcement which fills the space where self-discipline should be.

so you are saying that if a similar incident happened in a new York cab or a London taxi, and was reported to the police, that it would not be unusual enough to be a news story in those cities? Are you sure?

No, that is not what I'm saying, do you read the news in every other country?

He is wrong about the concept of Thainess.This is an act of a violent person taking advantage of a situation.Thainess is the openly blatten irresponsibly act of selflessness or one of extreme stupidness.(new word) used here to describe acts in Thailand.

He is wrong about the concept of Thainess.This is an act of a violent person taking advantage of a situation.Thainess is the openly blatten irresponsibly act of selflessness or one of extreme stupidness.(new word) used here to describe acts in Thailand.
So it is called Thainess in Thailand, what do you call it in other countries?

No, normal Thais like the majority of rural Thais who don't get into trouble and work hard to provide a home and food for their family.

If you don't know many people like that I feel sorry for you.

In most other countries there isn't the MAJORITY of the population involved in stupid selfish acts as here in LOS..Categorizing other countries citizens one might say" The Americans,loud and too boosting,The English snobness,Gremany aloofness,head in the sand neutral Sweden and so forth,but for a population with the most selfless stupid acts this is it.

'

aloofness,head in the sand Sweedish.

In most other countries there isn't the MAJORITY of the population involved in stupid selfish acts as here in LOS..Categorizing other countries citizens one might say" The Americans,loud and too boosting,The English snobness,Gremany aloofness,head in the sand neutral Sweden and so forth,but for a population with the most selfless stupid acts this is it.

'

aloofness,head in the sand Sweedish.

You might want to look deeper into those countries, you will find exactly the same minority types that you try to generalise in Thailand.

Goshunsure.png ...is there some sort of competition going on here amongst the taxi cab driving community trying to out do one another's totally bizarre and uncalled for criminal conduct.

Seems to be a whole lot of Taxi cab driver altercation stories as of late.

Just saying

Cheers

How often do you hear about New York taxi drivers going 'Bangkok' on their passengers by pulling out machetes, assaulting, robbing, or otherwise harming them? Rarely. It's not because it's 'covered up' and not reported by the press, heck the US press would be like a pack of jackals at a zebra kill. Cab driving, like virtually everything in the US, is highly regulated, police are virtually militarized, and the judicial system tosses violent offenders in jail for long periods of time which is a deterrent. In the US it's usually the other way around - taxi drivers are the victims of their passengers. It's a dangerous job.

This country is getting worse everyday ,about time for real punishment for these scumbags

And who is going to punish the senior scumbags who are supposed to but not dishing out the punishment to the minor scumbags?

...and taxi drivers in Thailand don't go around kidnapping & robbing their passengers either, this was just one rogue taxi driver.

the thainess angle is that the police will more than likely be reluctant to provide any assistance to the victim or be bothered to pursue the perpetrator.

there's also the prevailing attitude here that a thai can do no wrong.

thainess.

Bogwash.

Edited by Alration