Passenger robbed, assaulted, girlfriend abducted

rooster59

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thieves are Thieves wherever they are from. But have to say Bangkok have a lot of dishonest and rude cab drivers. I know that lately it have been a crack down on Bangkok cab drivers that not use the meters. I was surprised when I tried to take a cab in Pattaya and I asked 10 drivers outside central and the charged between 3-500 Baht from central to Jomtien. Do the problem is bigger in Pattaya then Bangkok with drivers not using the meters.

I lived in BKK for a few months and never had a problem. I often took taxis from downtown BKK back to Laski in the north. I never once had a problem if the taxi driver accepted to take me and they always used meters. I'm not saying there aren't bad taxi drivers - there are - but the majority seem to just be Thai guys trying to make a living. Negotiate where you want to go and get a verbal affirmation that the meter is going to be used before you get in the taxi. Easy breezy.

I had more problems with the touts and tuk-tuk drivers in central Bangkok - I either avoided them or played with their minds. Playing with a touts mind is actually pretty amusing as long as it's daylight and in a very public place. :)

Is 500 Baht enough to get from Pathum Thani to Samut Prakan by taxi?

Probably. Rangsit to Suvarnabhumi is 300-350 baht.

Do you know if the sky train is in operation up to Sahmut Prakan, Bang Poo area. yet

Edited by Thongkorn

ah ...... another taxi driver doing his thing !! thainess at it's best !

Don't know where you get Thainess at it's best from, this is nothing to do with normal Thai's, there is a criminal element in all countries.

I'm just happy to hear that the gf was found unharmed.

'criminal element in all countries.'

I think taxi drivers in most all countries don't go around kidnapping & robbing their passengers.

but .... like you mentioned it's good she was found not harmed.

Yes, she is lucky she wasn't raped... mellow.png

She probably was raped but she is thinking about her husband and his 2 month old baby so keeping it to herself....

Very weird if they brought her to a third location without her husband and didn't rape her

Imo