Passenger robbed, assaulted, girlfriend abducted

rooster59

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In most other countries there isn't the MAJORITY of the population involved in stupid selfish acts as here in LOS..Categorizing other countries citizens one might say" The Americans,loud and too boosting,The English snobness,Gremany aloofness,head in the sand neutral Sweden and so forth,but for a population with the most selfless stupid acts this is it.

aloofness,head in the sand Sweedish.

"In most other countries there isn't the MAJORITY of the population involved in stupid selfish acts as here in LOS"

Why do some people continue to post such unadulterated nonsense?

...hatred...racism...total diregard for basic human rights and jutice of foreigners....

...put them all together......

...add double and triple pricing....

....and prejudice and stereotyping of foreigners......

...then make it nearly impossible or dangerous for them to object....

...and if a foreigner is caught doing a crime....give him 10-100x the penalty that a Thai will receive....

...when will the government admit these problems....and start doing something about it...

...foreigners do love Thailand...and The Thai People......

...but nobody should be subjected to such continued perverse abuse....

...that is NOT Buddhism.....that is NOT culture......

...equal rights and justice before the law for all.......

...hatred...racism...total diregard for basic human rights and jutice of foreigners....

...and if a foreigner is caught doing a crime....give him 10-100x the penalty that a Thai will receive....

...when will the government admit these problems....and start doing something about it...

"....and prejudice and stereotyping of foreigners......"

Exactly what you're hypocritically displaying towards Thais. Ironic, eh?

Goshunsure.png ...is there some sort of competition going on here amongst the taxi cab driving community trying to out do one another's totally bizarre and uncalled for criminal conduct.

Seems to be a whole lot of Taxi cab driver altercation stories as of late.

Just saying

Cheers

"Seems to be a whole lot of Taxi cab driver altercation stories as of late."

Such as which "whole lot of stories"?

ah ...... another taxi driver doing his thing !! thainess at it's best !

Don't know where you get Thainess at it's best from, this is nothing to do with normal Thai's, there is a criminal element in all countries.

I'm just happy to hear that the gf was found unharmed.

"Normal Thai's" 555 as compared to what, abnormal Thai's?

I think we should forgive him. He obviously hasn't had his head in the noose yet.

"....and prejudice and stereotyping of foreigners......"

Exactly what you're hypocritically displaying towards Thais. Ironic, eh?

Man, I hope you will still say this after it happens to you, and it will I can assure you.

In most other countries there isn't the MAJORITY of the population involved in stupid selfish acts as here in LOS..Categorizing other countries citizens one might say" The Americans,loud and too boosting,The English snobness,Gremany aloofness,head in the sand neutral Sweden and so forth,but for a population with the most selfless stupid acts this is it.

aloofness,head in the sand Sweedish.

"In most other countries there isn't the MAJORITY of the population involved in stupid selfish acts as here in LOS"

Why do some people continue to post such unadulterated nonsense?

A question that perhaps you should consider.

Don't know where you get Thainess at it's best from, this is nothing to do with normal Thai's, there is a criminal element in all countries.

'criminal element in all countries.'

I think taxi drivers in most all countries don't go around kidnapping & robbing their passengers.

but .... like you mentioned it's good she was found not harmed.

...and taxi drivers in Thailand don't go around kidnapping & robbing their passengers either, this was just one rogue taxi driver.

Man, how long have you been here?

This country is getting worse everyday ,about time for real punishment for these scumbags

It is just about hit rock bottom now. When I came here over 30 years ago it was nothing like it is now. Time for tourists to find another country to visit and spend their money
You won't get rid of us that easy. Trying to keep the place all to yourself, are you?

This crosses my mind every time Im in a taxi whizzing down to Patters.

Especially if the guy is talking on his mobile to someone.

Surprised it doesn't happen more often on that route…after all, any tourist on the way from airport to anywhere has got to be carrying more cash than a poor burmese labourer.

This country is getting worse everyday ,about time for real punishment for these scumbags

It is just about hit rock bottom now. When I came here over 30 years ago it was nothing like it is now. Time for tourists to find another country to visit and spend their money

"It is just about hit rock bottom now." Nope, not even close.

Now try North Korea, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Sudan, Zimbabwe.

When I went to Canada 50 years ago, it was nothing like it is now. Well that's a surprise. Times change, people emigrate and immigrate and cultures change. Some for the better and some for the worse.

Thailand has, no doubt, changed massively from the days when GIs were enjoying a little bit of peaceful paradise next to war zone VN.

However even with all the annoyances and petty goings on in politics etc, it's a damn sight better place to live than many I can think of. I guess it just depends on which part of the Kingdom you choose to reside.

Why are so many people standing in line to get visas and permissions to remain here?

If you are a tourist, I am sure cleaner beaches and tastier food are beckoning. The grass is always greener and sometimes better quality elsewhere.

'criminal element in all countries.'

I think taxi drivers in most all countries don't go around kidnapping & robbing their passengers.

but .... like you mentioned it's good she was found not harmed.

Perth Western Australia, has a lot of Indian and arabic taxi drivers, they are constantly on the 6'oclock news, being dragged before the courts on rape, robbery, assault and grevous bodily harm charges.

The poster is correct. As much as I love Thailand, it has degenerated tremendously from what it once used to be. There is too much lawlessness and a disregard for other people. Thailand has become like the West. Too much materialism and consumerism. It's a real shame. I hope the perpetrators are caught and dealt with harshly. There needs to be a message sent that this type of behavior will not be tolerated/

Thailand has become more like the west in the pursuit of gratification and material gain, yet lacks the law enforcement which fills the space where self-discipline should be.

Which has been fed by rampant and more rampant corruption, taken to new heights in the last 10 years, a large part of which is corruption in all aspects of enforcement of the law and the judical processes of the law.

This crosses my mind every time Im in a taxi whizzing down to Patters.

Especially if the guy is talking on his mobile to someone.

Surprised it doesn't happen more often on that route…after all, any tourist on the way from airport to anywhere has got to be carrying more cash than a poor burmese labourer.

Take the bus.

Air con, allocated seat, up high can see much more or have a snooze.

B134 from Swampy to South Pattaya.

Took a taxi once, B1500(Lady at the counter said B1200)driver didn't know Pattaya & couldn't find my hotel.

l saw it as we passed by.

And he tried to get me to pay the Tolls when at the desk they said Tolls included in price.

Another taxi in BKK wanted B140 when the meter, which was working, said B98.

Ah well, TIT.

If your too ignorant to figure it out, I meant normal as in the Thai people in general, and just because you don't read about it in the news in other countries doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

so you are saying that if a similar incident happened in a new York cab or a London taxi, and was reported to the police, that it would not be unusual enough to be a news story in those cities? Are you sure?

No, that is not what I'm saying, do you read the news in every other country?

Well that would be weird, wouldn't it. But since this forum is named THAIvisa and is about Thailand then I think this news is relevant.

Do you believe that Bangkok wishes to be compared (unfavourably) with first world cities like London, Frankfurt, New York, Sydney, etc, or do you think Bangkok prefers to be compared (favourably) with Johannesburg, Harare, Aden, Baghdad, Mogadishu???

Goshunsure.png ...is there some sort of competition going on here amongst the taxi cab driving community trying to out do one another's totally bizarre and uncalled for criminal conduct.

Seems to be a whole lot of Taxi cab driver altercation stories as of late.

Just saying

Cheers

"Seems to be a whole lot of Taxi cab driver altercation stories as of late."

Such as which "whole lot of stories"?

What.... you haven't heard?

Everybody has heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird

B-b-b-bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

A-well-a bird, bird, bird, the bird is the word

A-well-a bird, bird, bird, well the bird is the word

A-well-a bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

A-well-a bird, bird, b-bird's the word

A-well-a bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

A-well-a don't you know about the bird?

Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word!

The birch would be a fitting punishment. I doubt if these guys who think they are tough would do anything after a flogging that would get them another.

The Isle of Man off the west coast of England use it, or did not sure if they still do, and I cant remember ever reading about the tough guys coming back for seconds

Edited by gandalf12

To some of the unlicenced paki cab drivers in London rape is just a perk of the job, but it's not always reported because we as a nation are so paralysed by political correctness !!

And you would know this because you are the Pakistani taxi driver? You are I am sure making unsupportable comments. If you have anything to support they assertion please state them otherwise stop talking inflammatary rubbish

Edited by gandalf12

If your too ignorant to figure it out, I meant normal as in the Thai people in general, and just because you don't read about it in the news in other countries doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

so you are saying that if a similar incident happened in a new York cab or a London taxi, and was reported to the police, that it would not be unusual enough to be a news story in those cities? Are you sure?

No, that is not what I'm saying, do you read the news in every other country?

Well that would be weird, wouldn't it. But since this forum is named THAIvisa and is about Thailand then I think this news is relevant.

Do you believe that Bangkok wishes to be compared (unfavourably) with first world cities like London, Frankfurt, New York, Sydney, etc, or do you think Bangkok prefers to be compared (favourably) with Johannesburg, Harare, Aden, Baghdad, Mogadishu???

I feel a lot safer in Bangkok than your so called first world cities.

I read more of Bangkok taxi drivers poor behaviour than I do from other countries, but I do read Thai Visa.

Always room for improvement and pointing elsewhere is not it.

Thieves are Thieves wherever they are from. But have to say Bangkok have a lot of dishonest and rude cab drivers. I know that lately it have been a crack down on Bangkok cab drivers that not use the meters. I was surprised when I tried to take a cab in Pattaya and I asked 10 drivers outside central and the charged between 3-500 Baht from central to Jomtien. Do the problem is bigger in Pattaya then Bangkok with drivers not using the meters.