How to get my Yellow Tabien Bahn. Living in another city.

I live in BKK.

I buy a condo in Chiang Mai (bought outright)

What do I do to get the yellow Tabien Bahn for my condo (without previously having one)?

Do I just take all the deeds for my condo and passport to the local Amphur office in Chiang Mai, tell them that I'm living there, and then they give me the yellow book based on the my ownership of the unit?

Thanks.

First of all contact your district office in Chiang Mai and ask them the requirements. Each district office can differ. As an example, if they require a translation of your passport you can get that done in Bangkok before you go to Chiang Mai.

You may also have to make an appointment, so again it would be better to do this from a distance.

On the day you will definitely need your passport, work permit (if applicable), blue tabien baan, photographs and also copies of the above. There may be extra documents required, especially if you are married or have children.

You will need your parents names written in Thai. Possibly your siblings names too.

You will also need 2 Thai witnesses who will need to take their ID cards with them.

For Sansai district my wife and I did the following.

As my wife and I are both British and "have bought our house" we had to supply the following to the Sansai district office

2 x forms signed by Thai witnesses, one a neighbour and the local PooYaiBan ( a must)

Copies of all the following:-

1. residency letter from immigration

2. copy of passport

3. translation of passport into thai

4. 3 photographs

5. chanote of property including importantly for us lease agreement for land

6. blue book

7. copies of the witness id card

Takes about a week, they will telephone you when to pick it up.

Good luck

Its very different from one Amphoer to the next. I had to show all teh documents see above (amphoer Phi Mai). The two witnesses had to come with us. It must be the the Mayor of the village and someone who works for the goverment or teacher in higher grade. Frst they asked my wife an me about our life, than the teacher and the mayor seperate each one hour and than we all together one more hour. The witnesses had to know me and my wife very good or they never could answer the questions. Without living in the village for many years I never would get the yellow book. I had to wait about 6 weeks than. Then they gave me the yellow book like it would be a big honour!

Its very different from one Amphoer to the next. I had to show all teh documents see above (amphoer Phi Mai). The two witnesses had to come with us. It must be the the Mayor of the village and someone who works for the goverment or teacher in higher grade. Frst they asked my wife an me about our life, than the teacher and the mayor seperate each one hour and than we all together one more hour. The witnesses had to know me and my wife very good or they never could answer the questions. Without living in the village for many years I never would get the yellow book. I had to wait about 6 weeks than. Then they gave me the yellow book like it would be a big honour!

You are right about it being different. We didn't have any witnesses, ID's or letters from anyone. It was all fairly straightforward.

I also had to wait about 6 weeks, they said that was for the police report.

May I ask why you want to be entered on the Civil Register and obtain a Tabian Baan in Chiang Mai, when you live in Bangkok?

I'd like the condo that I own to have a Tabien Bahn registered for it.

No further comment needed, unless it relates to the OP questions. :)

You are right about it being different. We didn't have any witnesses, ID's or letters from anyone. It was all fairly straightforward.

Where about was that?

May I ask why you want to be entered on the Civil Register and obtain a Tabian Baan in Chiang Mai, when you live in Bangkok?

I'd like the condo that I own to have a Tabien Bahn registered for it.

No further comment needed, unless it relates to the OP questions. smile.png

You should be issued with a Tabian Baan when you purchase the Condo.

I assume you are paying a lawyer!

Every new build is given an address by the Amphur which is recorded.

When you purchase, your lawyer should apply for the Tabian Baan automatically.

Foreigners owning Condo's should be issued with a Blue book, but they will not register your name in the book.

If you want to be named in a book, the you take the Blue book and deeds as proof of ownership and request a Yellow book for foreigners.

You can only be named in one Tabian Baan, regardless of how many properties you own.

Foreigners with PR status can be added to a wife's blue Tabian Baan, but all other foreigners can only register and be named in a Yellow house book.

Where about was that?

Mueang Chonburi

Go to the Amphur and ask what is needed. I see some people on here saying you need a blue book as 9ne of the requirments. Well the blue house book is for Thai citizens. Obviously if you are a citizen and have a blue book you don't need a yellow one let alone get one.

Nope, no lawyer.

Just the property agency.

It's only a small, previously owned 50sqm bolthole for when I'm motorbiking up there a few times a year. smile.png

Suppose I'll ask them about the current and previous Tabien Bahn situation with the unit. biggrin.png

OK I understand.

May I ask do you already have a Yellow house book for your property in Bangkok?

And why do you want a Yellow house book for your Chiang Mai property, when it will not be of any use in Bangkok?

As the owner of a Condo you should be issued with a Blue book, but your name cannot appear in the book.

The property agent should be sorting that out.

With the Blue book you can then apply for the Yellow book in which you can be named, subject to the Amphurs requirements.

Edited by Faz

Go to the Amphur and ask what is needed. I see some people on here saying you need a blue book as 9ne of the requirments. Well the blue house book is for Thai citizens. Obviously if you are a citizen and have a blue book you don't need a yellow one let alone get one.

The blue book comes with the property mine was blank just the address page filled out.