Praise the Lord

Lampang2

In CM 2 guys standing hollering.

One older one younger.

Younger man with a small kid in his arms in the rain.

Approached by the older of the 2 I told him to go home and let the Buddhist be alone.

He got upset and aggressive, telling me I would have to stand in front of God on my last day.

Why doesn't the police just send them straight home.

Nutcases.

Bit of a strange post....... I would say that during your time here, you haven't learned the trait of live and let live. I don't read in your post where any Thai or Buddhist asked you to intercede on their or all Buddhists behalf, and to quiet the guy. You just sound like you jumped in where , as a visitor in this country you could better use your manners. If someone asked you for help, then give it, if not, then it would appear that it was none of your business..... As you wrote, you confronted the guy, who wasn't directing his whatever towards you..... If you have plans to spend more time here, please learn more about their culture and less imposition of yours on the people you encounter here. Just some kind advice from someone who has been here for a few years. Do enjoy your time in Chiang Mai.

Bit of a strange post....... I would say that during your time here, you haven't learned the trait of live and let live. I don't read in your post where any Thai or Buddhist asked you to intercede on their or all Buddhists behalf, and to quiet the guy. You just sound like you jumped in where , as a visitor in this country you could better use your manners. If someone asked you for help, then give it, if not, then it would appear that it was none of your business..... As you wrote, you confronted the guy, who wasn't directing his whatever towards you..... If you have plans to spend more time here, please learn more about their culture and less imposition of yours on the people you encounter here. Just some kind advice from someone who has been here for a few years. Do enjoy your time in Chiang Mai.

Troll

The OP clearly said "Approached by the older of the 2...." and "He got upset and aggressive".

Troll

The OP clearly said "Approached by the older of the 2...." and "He got upset and aggressive".

A thousand apologies....... unlike you I didn't interpret the OP as being Buddhist.

I was on the Riverside boat one night for dinner with some Thai friends, when this bunch of seppos started screeching Jesus songs at the top of their voices.

Totally inconsiderate a-holes in my book, their racket ruined the evening, and only the presence of the Thais stopped me telling them to shut the ---- up and throwing the muppets over the side.

I was on the Riverside boat one night for dinner with some Thai friends, when this bunch of seppos started screeching Jesus songs at the top of their voices.

Totally inconsiderate a-holes in my book, their racket ruined the evening, and only the presence of the Thais stopped me telling them to shut the ---- up and throwing the muppets over the side.

Religious people scare the B'jesus out if me, actually the have scared the B'jesus out of me a long time ago, ,

Now they just scare me. Like other loonatics I dont know what they will do next.

I've learned from my wife and other open-minded Thais to ignore them if they don't address me, and be friendly and inscrutable when they do.

I was in another provincial capital last week, and ran into two young Mormon missionaries, you know, the guys in white shirts riding bicycles. We chatted a bit, I asked them how they like Thailand (they love it), and I wished them good luck and told them to stay safe on their bikes. No harm, no foul.

I find drunks, of all faiths and nationalities, to be far more dangerous and annoying than mere religious simpletons.

I was told by some bloke on a bicycle in Chiang Mai that God is very unhappy with us. This was a shock to me because he is after-all all loving, compassionate and forgiving... but he doesn't like gay people, women and Manchester United (can understand this). However, I became convinced that he is unhappy with us, after speaking to a young guy on a bicycle with a beautifully ironed white shirt and absolutely no idea about life, that we are all about to die suddenly without warning. He showed me this youtube video as evidence.

I now vote republican, think GW Bush is smart and hate everyone except people who wear nice white shirts. I will also vote for Donald Trump because I hate Mexicans and Muslims. I am Christian after-all. Message me C/O Suangprung Looney Bin

I haven't seen the Hell-fire preachers in front of Nana in years. I suppose the Boiler Room guys even turned them off. I did witness a guy on a skateboard, practicing with two sets of numb-chucks at Tha Phae Gate one afternoon. Probably the last person I've seen around here, not behind the wheel of a car/truck, who deserved a swift execution. No wonder they take the semi-rotten produce over there to sell to the farang....it's justifiable.

Troll

A thousand apologies....... unlike you I didn't interpret the OP as being Buddhist.
First apologies for a silly post, and next more silliness?

That way you will have to continue apologizing.

I was told by some bloke on a bicycle in Chiang Mai that God is very unhappy with us. This was a shock to me because he is after-all all loving, compassionate and forgiving... but he doesn't like gay people, women and Manchester United (can understand this). However, I became convinced that he is unhappy with us, after speaking to a young guy on a bicycle with a beautifully ironed white shirt and absolutely no idea about life, that we are all about to die suddenly without warning. He showed me this youtube video as evidence.

I now vote republican, think GW Bush is smart and hate everyone except people who wear nice white shirts. I will also vote for Donald Trump because I hate Mexicans and Muslims. I am Christian after-all. Message me C/O Suangprung Looney Bin

Am I the only one who could hear beam me up Scotty in the background.clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Very well said.

But I wonder if you have any comment on those very ugly ( in my opinion) foreigners who inform to the authorities about other foreigners who might be in breach of the law or regulations ??

"Live and let live" and all that is probably the right way to go, would you not agree ??

Personally, I despise evangelical Christianity.

there was a guy around for quite some time, tall and stocky with a beard. he would stand at Taphae Gate on Sunday night and at the Night Bazaar other nights, holding a bible and shouting out biblical phrases at the top of his lungs. he was a bit of a nut but seemed harmless, albeit loud.

haven't seen him around lately.

I've learned from my wife and other open-minded Thais to ignore them if they don't address me, and be friendly and inscrutable when they do.

I was in another provincial capital last week, and ran into two young Mormon missionaries, you know, the guys in white shirts riding bicycles. We chatted a bit, I asked them how they like Thailand (they love it), and I wished them good luck and told them to stay safe on their bikes. No harm, no foul.

I find drunks, of all faiths and nationalities, to be far more dangerous and annoying than mere religious simpletons.

actually the Mormons on the bicycles with white shirts and ties are all over Thailand. most of them have adapted to Thailand much better than most falangs who have been here many years. almost all of them speak excellent fluent Thai and have many Thai friends/acquaintances. saw many of them in Chiang Rai last week, impressing the locals with their linguistic abilities.

funny thing: we were in San Francisco a couple of years ago and one of the Mormons rode up on his bicycle and handed us some literature. he was perhaps 25 y/o. he asked the wife where she was from and she said Thailand. he then spoke with her for perhaps 15 minutes in the most perfect Thai. almost like he was born in Thailand. she was floored.

actually the Mormons on the bicycles with white shirts and ties are all over Thailand. most of them have adapted to Thailand much better than most falangs who have been here many years. almost all of them speak excellent fluent Thai and have many Thai friends/acquaintances. saw many of them in Chiang Rai last week, impressing the locals with their linguistic abilities.

funny thing: we were in San Francisco a couple of years ago and one of the Mormons rode up on his bicycle and handed us some literature. he was perhaps 25 y/o. he asked the wife where she was from and she said Thailand. he then spoke with her for perhaps 15 minutes in the most perfect Thai. almost like he was born in Thailand. she was floored.

I have being wrong in several languages nobody is impressed by itsad.png​ maybe I need to wear a white shirt

So I guess they can be wrong in two languages., that does not make them any less wrong,

Good for you "Gonzo."

We have a number of members of a Christian group living in our village.

They also have an Office here and they are a great bunch of people, We've owned a house here for many years but recently we acquired a puppy and I've started taking her for a walk to the basketball court and swimming pool area where I have met some of these folks and their kids.

They are simply, nice people !

One couple live only two doors away, they also are polite, never try to push their religion and they keep the house looking well cared for.

What more can I ask?

Suggest you take the kind advice offered above and mind your own business!

This is exactly the effect they want.

Impress with the ability to speak some Thai while shoveling their psychobabble claptrap down the gullets of any unsuspecting locals.

Religious missionaries are not harmless; they attempt to alter the way of one's thinking to accept ancient superstitious beliefs, while rejecting many fundamentals of science as "theory" or outright lies.

Religion creates a primitive thinking class and attempts to overturn peoples' cultural belief system in Buddhism (here in Asia -- and to be clear, Buddhism is not a religion, it is a way of thinking and doing).

"My supernatural being is better than your supernatural being, so you need to quit yours and join ours!"

What utter BS!

This is exactly the effect they want.

Impress with the ability to speak some Thai while shoveling their psychobabble claptrap down the gullets of any unsuspecting locals.

Religious missionaries are not harmless; they attempt to alter the way of one's thinking to accept ancient superstitious beliefs, while rejecting many fundamentals of science as "theory" or outright lies.

Religion creates a primitive thinking class and attempts to overturn peoples' cultural belief system in Buddhism (here in Asia -- and to be clear, Buddhism is not a religion, it is a way of thinking and doing).

"My supernatural being is better than your supernatural being, so you need to quit yours and join ours!"

What utter BS!

And people can't think for themselves so we have to think for them.

Nah... I don't think so. :)

Archived