Pattaya Optometrist

Sheppo

Depending on where you are coming from it may be better to do it there before coming here.

I paid less in the UK for a proper complete eye-test with full written prescription and two pairs of glasses than I would have paid for just the glasses here. Also I am not convinced about how well-trained or experienced the people doing eye-tests are here, unless you go to one of the hospitals and pay thousands.

Equipped with that prescription I then had a local glasses shop replace the lenses on some old frames. That was quite cheap here (450B/pair) and was not viable in the UK (would have cost more than new glasses). So for about 5000B I had a full professional eye-test with prescription, two new pairs of glasses and two old pairs upgraded.

This is a new field for Thailand and there are very few experienced Optometrist staffed shops. Most people will still obtain a prescription from an ophthalmologist in a hospital (reasonable expense from a doctor that can check for any problems) and take that to a very overpriced retail chain store to obtain expensive lens in every expensive frames. I have ordered from Zenni for last 10 years as much cheaper than buying in Thailand.