best condo in Pattaya?

Digitalnomade

I've lived in 6 condo's in Pattaya and my personal favourite was Nirun, the one at the back looking towards 3rd Rd.

It was certainly the quietest. I also liked VT6 for the views over the bay.

OH dear tell me you don't have a condo for sale in Nirun. I also stayed there. Not for long though.

Den

Nope, nothing for sale. I rented for a year there and hardly had a disturbed nights sleep.For me thats important and judging by the thread re Jomtien night-time noise levels over the last year, other residents like a good nights sleep too.

The lift never broke down, water didn't go off and the leccy was cheap. Handy for the shops and not too far from the bars.

Each to his own I guess. I didn't like Nirun at all. I am now staying at LK Legend and they are a world apart I can assure you. Of course the costs for LK are also a world apart but the facilities are excellent. I can see Nirun across the road from me. Actually I do know that Alan Bolton estate agents refuse to list Nirun as they consider it is no good. Just the other day I was reading another estate agent who was of the same opinion and did not list it either. I forgot the name of the company now.

Obviously I frequent the bars along Arunothai and the location is OK. Just the other day I overheard a conversation between two guys in one of the bars. The first was complaining about the number of cockroaches he gets in his room in Nirun. The other asked him how much was his rent and the guy says 4000baht. 4000???? says his friend, what the (bleep) are you complaining about you cheap charlie. I had to laugh.

Den

If you are sensitive to noise , the best condos are the old ones. Why ? They used good building materials back then, thick, solid walls will keep the noise out. After the condo boom 10 years ago the developers wanted to make quick money and started using cheaper material. They may look good and luxurious from the outside , but try living there , I did and had to move out within a year.

Not applicable to VT1, paper thin windows.

I think the foreign quota is gone from VT3,5, 6, and 7. I would advise not buying in company name--no matter what the salesman tells you. Instead, I would look for a resale in foreign name. A variety are usually on the market in all the VT buildings.

That is not case at vt7 as only half the units are sold(and far less on a % basis). I would check at the sales office in front of vt2, there are many unsold units in vt5d and vt6.

Many buildings here seem to use the same single thin glazing and the same local thin aluminium frames that fit badly. It's very hard to find decent glazing here, especially at a sensible price.

View Talay 2 has no water pressure on all the upper floors. Not enough to take a shower or operate an instant water heater. Body Corporate knows about the problem but are not interested to fix it. So keep your fingers off that one.

I live on the 16th floor in View Talay 2 (the 16th of 17 floors, by the way). No problems whatsoever with water pressure or water heaters. For your information, I have no water pump -- not needed.

Edited by LarryLEB

View Talay 2 has no water pressure on all the upper floors. Not enough to take a shower or operate an instant water heater. Body Corporate knows about the problem but are not interested to fix it. So keep your fingers off that one.

I live on the 16th floor in View Talay 2 (the 16th of 17 floors, by the way). No problems whatsoever with water pressure or water heaters. For your information, I have no water pump -- not needed.

If you want to talk about building spesific problem you should tell which building ( A or B ) has problem or not.

I have rented and visited various apartments in the 11 years I have worked/lived in Pattaya. The ones mentioned along Wongamat Beach(good sea view) are older but sturdy with thicker walls than most. These include Park Beach, Silver Beach, Sky Beach and the new ones such as North Point and the Cove $$$. Then there is the recently built Northshore along Beach Rd north is of high quality and well managed. I personally do am not familiar with the ones in Jomtien; however, many of those are huge and made for quick sales with poor workmanship. (thin walls). The older View Talays may be of good construction & management but there is this whole other factor of who your neighbors are. Do you want to be in an apartment complex full of short term renters...vacationers? Nice aspect about the older apartments on Wongamat Beach is that most short term renters do not want to stay so far away from where the action is.

Luckily the (unnamed) older condo complex I have rented for the past 5 years (with a great view of the sea) is not full of young bucks wanting to party every night, but retired Wester couples, or retired Western single men along with a few working expats such as my self and the hallway is only half occupied since the empty condos are owned by BKK people. My rent is reasonable because the owner in BKK wants a long term tenant. Life is good.

View Talay 5C (5D is also nice but closer to Tappraya Road > louder).

• Nice rooms and quite calm environment
  • Direct access to the beach (private way)
  • nice views
  • reasonable prices and all services in the building
  • all kind of rooms, also for daily/weekly stays, available.
  • direct access to Baht buses on Tappraya or Jomtien Beach road
  • VT7 blocks the noise from Jomtien Bars...
  • Pool with restaurant
  • Security, shops downstairs

The building looks not that nice but the concrete does it's job very very good... And the balconies are bigger than older View Talay buildings.

I stayed at 10 Condo's and don't wanna leave VT5C as it's my favourite building and fantastic services available.

VT7 has also very nice rooms but the Jomtien facing side can be noisy due to the bars (until 1a.m. only though). There seem to be an issue with the Condo behind near Jomtien Complex as the views have been wiped after VT7 was built... heard some rumors so I wouldn't buy there but rent for sure!

Some room and environmental pictures from VT5C Jomtien side (15th floor):

post-17804-0-64012200-1449137521_thumb.j

View from Dongtan Beach (best beach in Pattaya as no cars/motorbikes allowed):

post-17804-0-89125900-1449137542_thumb.j

Front view to Dongtan Beach with Low rise hotel only in front:

post-17804-0-75984200-1449137500_thumb.j

Direct Beach access to Dongtan (keycard):

post-17804-0-73577300-1449137491_thumb.j

My room #1:

post-17804-0-62325100-1449137570_thumb.j

My room #2:

post-17804-0-85161900-1449137556_thumb.j

Balcony view #1(see View Talay 7 on the left):

post-17804-0-62940000-1449137531_thumb.j

Balcony view #2:

post-17804-0-37190800-1449137510_thumb.j

Edited by gessi2000

Many buildings here seem to use the same single thin glazing and the same local thin aluminium frames that fit badly. It's very hard to find decent glazing here, especially at a sensible price.

I am now in VT2a. directly across from the unit in VT1a I was in previously and find it is much quiter.