Thai Girlfriends Just Walk Out?

Rajah

Ì hope, you don't think, I am a ladykiller: :o

Girlfriend # 1:

We quarreled about money. I couldn't stand it anymore and left the room. After I came back to my apartment, she was gone. She took all her things, including toothbrush etc. so I knew, she'd never come back. End of relationship.

Girlfriend # 2:

We stayed in Lamai, Koh Samui. She looked for work, could get a job in Chaweng (about 3 km away from Lamai). She moved to Chaweng, we talked every day on the phone. She was very busy, hadn't time for me - she said. When I insisted on a meeting (just 3 km!) she hang up the phone. Didn't call, turned off the phone and finally got a new cell phone number. End of relationship.

Girlfriend # 3:

We agreed, that I pay the rent for her until I come back to BKK. It is not her apartment, it's ours we said. OK, everybody knows: For every money transfer, the bank keeps some money. What did I do? Two months ago I paid the rent for two months in advance.

Last time I talked to her on the phone, she asked me, whether I sent money to her account or not. No, I didn't, because I sent already a lot of money last month. Since then: silent modus, means: she doesn't call me, if I call her, she doesn't pick up. I called a friend of ours. The friend told me, my girlfriend is "angry" because I didn't send money this month. As far as I know Thai girls: Could be the end of relationship.

Now my question: Do Thai girls just walk out, because they don't have the balls to tell you, that they break up? Any experiences?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Girlfriend # 1:

We quarreled about money. I couldn't stand it anymore and left the room. After I came back to my apartment, she was gone. She took all her things, including toothbrush etc. so I knew, she'd never come back. End of relationship.

Girlfriend # 2:

We stayed in Lamai, Koh Samui. She looked for work, could get a job in Chaweng (about 3 km away from Lamai). She moved to Chaweng, we talked every day on the phone. She was very busy, hadn't time for me - she said. When I insisted on a meeting (just 3 km!) she hang up the phone. Didn't call, turned off the phone and finally got a new cell phone number. End of relationship.

Girlfriend # 3:

We agreed, that I pay the rent for her until I come back to BKK. It is not her apartment, it's ours we said. OK, everybody knows: For every money transfer, the bank keeps some money. What did I do? Two months ago I paid the rent for two months in advance.

Last time I talked to her on the phone, she asked me, whether I sent money to her account or not. No, I didn't, because I sent already a lot of money last month. Since then: silent modus, means: she doesn't call me, if I call her, she doesn't pick up. I called a friend of ours. The friend told me, my girlfriend is "angry" because I didn't send money this month. As far as I know Thai girls: Could be the end of relationship.

Now my question: Do Thai girls just walk out, because they don't have the balls to tell you, that they break up? Any experiences?

There are 2 common factors in these relationships.

1 - the girls where Thai

2 - You

Girlfriend # 1:

Girlfriend # 2:

Girlfriend # 3:

During any of the times with these girls did you here any phrases like.....

"Hes as tight as a fishes ars"

"Cheap Charlie"

"Tight fisted Bast##d"

"Kee Neow"

No money , No Honey Rajah

This sounds very familiar. With many, many relationships once the money is gone, so is the girl. This is certainly not always the case, but far too frequently.

You need to start seriously dating--that's not dating seriously--first, if you want a real relationship. The girls your talking about are basically hookers. Otherwise, you need to find out what it is they want and then provide it--this may mean a financial arrangement in which you give a certain amount and you get whatever it is you want in return. A lot of these ladies are very committed to money!

Best of luck.

Rajah how old are you really.

to me having read this thread you sound like about 25.

if we know your age it may help in answering your concerns

25? No, add 15++ years :D

During any of the times with these girls did you here any phrases like.....

"Hes as tight as a fishes ars"

"Cheap Charlie"

"Tight fisted Bast##d"

"Kee Neow"

No money , No Honey Rajah

Yeah yeah. Money was always a topic. But they never called me "kee neow" (I can speak Thai) because they had their share. :o

@ Scott:

Thanks for your comment. Yes, now I know, it is (was) all about money. But why don't they tell you, if they are finished with you? If they say "Sorry, man, it's over" that would do it. I can't stand the silence, when you don't know is she gone - or not?

Edited by Rajah

You should have known better. You said you could speak Thai, but you don't know enough about the culture. :D

As far as a relationship is concerned, gentleman approach is crucial. If you're not willing to pay for small expenses such as bus tickets, you only pay for yours and not hers, you're not a gentleman in Thai society. The ladies will have wrong impression about you.

If the relationship is not long or deep enough, they won't say goobye if they want to cut you loose. They simply walk away from your life, quitely. :o

If the relationship is not long or deep enough, they won't say goobye if they want to cut you loose. They simply walk away from your life, quitely. :o

Now I know. (But #2 and # 3 took me home, where I met the "mothers in law" and the kids, so I thought, it is serious business...)

BTW:

They weren't bar girls. Otherwise I knew better than to complain :D

And I didn't pay only small expenses like bus tickets etc. As I said, they got their share.

Edited by Rajah

Nothing unusual in vanishing without a word, it saves confrontation, in case you are right.

I have a mate who is 30, good looking, good handle on thai culture, speaks thai fluently, his fav girl just up and vanished one day, no debates about anything he could recall. left him puzzled for months until he found a new girl, uni student, and he fled the country for 6 months because of threats of a knifing because of her jealousy..... unwarranted, and he's a straight shooter, rarely went to bars.

Go figure! :o

mate i'll give you the top tip, :D

youre just giving yourself grief my friend living with all these frigging women. :D

why dont you just keep a girl friend for fun and a bit of company when you want it. :D

cricky's fella,

you dont have to live with them and you should just pay and play. :D

let them in your house and your a gonner my man. :D

its a <deleted> lot cheaper and heaps better for your mental well being.

cheers friend. :o

Rajah, are these bar girls? Everyone seems to be assuming this.

I'm your age, and I'm no Tom Cruise, but I don't seem to have a problem meeting and dating non-bar Thai girls. Sure, have your fun at the bar, but don't seriously date them. Try talking to a girl at the restaurant,travel agent,internet shop,clothes shop,street stall,pharmacy,etc etc and after you get to know them a little ask them out to dinner. You wont get laid straight away but you'll be surprised how many of these non-bar Thai girls would like to have a farang bf. You may have to change a few bad habbits to win them over but that's not gonna kill you.

Constantly hanging around bg's can drive you crazy. I like these girls, but most of them have some sort of psychological disorder that is going to effect the lives of people who are close to them.

Ive had the odd fight/argument with my gf but after a bit of silent treatment we alaways talk about it, work it out and move on stronger than before. I would say this young girl is more mature and reasonable than any farang gf I've had.

And I didn't pay only small expenses like bus tickets etc. As I said, they got their share.

I suggest that when you have a certain type of girlfriend in Bangkok, to use the taxis sometimes - some of them don't like those little green buses especially.

Actually that used to be one of my tests for new gfs - if they didn't want to take the bus a short distance - dump them.

Constantly hanging around bg's can drive you crazy. I like these girls, but most of them have some sort of psychological disorder that is going to effect the lives of people who are close to them.

Ive had the odd fight/argument with my gf but after a bit of silent treatment we alaways talk about it, work it out and move on stronger than before. I would say this young girl is more mature and reasonable than any farang gf I've had.

i think thats a bit of a broad brush isn't it??

might as well say that all farangs that are here are sex tourists as well

women can't drive

blah blah blah

perhaps the ones that you hang around with have problems but to say that most do is way over the top

The reason they just walk out on you instead of telling you they want to break-up is because Thai people don't like confrontation and arguing. In order to avoid what could turn out to be an argument, the girls are just leaving and assuming you got the point. :o

i think thats a bit of a broad brush isn't it??

might as well say that all farangs that are here are sex tourists as well

women can't drive

blah blah blah

perhaps the ones that you hang around with have problems but to say that most do is way over the top

Personality disorders are hard to pick at first. Those with them aren't raving lunatics. It can be subtle in the beginning, but eventually very destructive.

Of course it doesn't effect all bg's, but the chances are higher than in the general population. Sorry fellas, it's true.

Check out Borderline Personality Disorder

your taking the piss right??

anyhow personally i think the people with the "disorders" are the sad fcuks that loiter in the bars anyway.

They get what they deserve from their "rent-a-girlfriends" in the end. No such thing as a free lunch..........................

See what happens when you give girls money. Once the cash stops they leave.

My girl firend take me out for dinner and pays my rent! Im not poor like my name says but she pays her fair share and the relationship is great

Edited by poorfarang

your taking the piss right??

anyhow personally i think the people with the "disorders" are the sad fcuks that loiter in the bars anyway.

They get what they deserve from their "rent-a-girlfriends" in the end. No such thing as a free lunch..........................

:o

perhaps to elaborate a bit more

I have no issues with the bat scene

I have no issues with people whose met their partners in a bar / go go whatever

I think its pathetic that people that come here for a trip of whatever length "rent" what they refer to as their girlfriend for the period of stay.

They come back again and again for their 2 weeks of fun and meet up with their "g/f" - do they honestly beleive that they sit at home "pining" for the farang?

I'm your age, and I'm no Tom Cruise, but I don't seem to have a problem meeting and dating non-bar Thai girls.

You should read what he wrote.They were not bar girls.

I thought you’re a married man – by reading some of your various posts, including under visa section.

From visa topic…. “I am married to a Thai and soon going back to Thailand. All the new regulations drive me somehow crazy.”

Now from this thread…..”The friend told me, my girlfriend is "angry" because I didn't send money this month. As far as I know Thai girls: Could be the end of relationship.

Now my question: Do Thai girls just walk out, because they don't have the balls to tell you, that they break up? Any experiences?”

May be this could be the main reason why all of your girlfriends just walked out on you without words and explanations?....and now you think there must be something wrong with thai women! Give me a break!