Xp Copies Lose Functionality

h5n1

Microsoft announced that illegal copies would lose some/all functionality in the future (when???) ?? does anyone know more, i missed the release.

currently, those not w/ wga crack will load a nag screen. does anyone know if this will be impacted? my friend (thai) has an old computer and this will kill his computing as he does not have money for new machine/legit copy. i think xp costs more than the celery900 machine is even worth.

thanks.

Microsoft announced that illegal copies would lose some/all functionality in the future (when???) ?? does anyone know more, i missed the release.

currently, those not w/ wga crack will load a nag screen. does anyone know if this will be impacted? my friend (thai) has an old computer and this will kill his computing as he does not have money for new machine/legit copy. i think xp costs more than the celery900 machine is even worth.

thanks.

I'm not aware of Microsoft doing this with XP, however the thread below outlines a 'shut off' system in the 'new' Windows Vista.

Regards

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=86967

Windows XP will not stop working; it is illegal for Microsoft to download code changes to your system what makes it useless.

But still you better of using a legal operating system take a look at Linux.

Copying and installing illegal versions of MS Windows is illegal. Called stealing and thief’s always get sooner or later into problems…so enjoy it as long as you can, after that buy official or switch to one of the alternatives.

Or is your friend a thief who things, that Microsoft is stupid (what is maybe true)

I’m not a Microsoft supporter but with using MS Windows legal or illegal you are not supporting something like Linux what is free. If MS Windows is too expensive the pull up the middle finger and install something what works, with more and more people doing that everyday. The software industry will adapt and we the customers will finally win.

Edited by Richard-BKK

Dear Forum,

I have read, I think ZDNET, that XP Sp-1 is losing support but I cannot remember the date. This is the support for security patches from Windows Update. SP-2 will still be supported. It is only the updates that will be affected and not the computer itself. There are illegal (by western and Microsoft law) workarounds.

This is not the same as Vista where as far as I understand there are more serious implicatiosn for illegal copies.

Hope you are keeping well,

All the Best

Bill Z