repaint bonnet Toyota Fortuner - cost?

simonphuket

Hi,

Unfortunately my cat has scratched the bonnet of my neighbors Fortuner. I guess it will need to be repainted, naturally at my expense :(.

It is the previous model, in a beige-metallic finish. Anyone can give me an estimate of the financial damage I can expect? Any recommendations for a quality, but not too expensive shop would be appreciated. I live in Phuket, area Heroin Monument.

Many thanks

Metallic is not a good start.

Do they have any paint supplied with the car for the purpose of touching up? It would have been from the same batch when sprayed at the factory and the sprayer may be able to thin it down and use that for good match.

I'm not an expert but I have heard of scare stories where you have to respray the whole car.

Hopefully someone that knows better may advise...

if not very deep, as in not through the clear flourocarbon coat I would flat & polish it especially if original paint as factory paints far far better .

They can match paint easy enough from oem paint code or scanning panel.

If does need repainting then decent effort like 6000bt roughly. prices vary drastically as does end result, super cheap to be avoided as poor effort & cheap paints don't last long in thailand, anything from 3500 to 6000 could be good but go by recommendation & what your eyes & brain tell you when go to shop, if got stuff in shop have a look at it to see how clean they work & finish quality ... bonnet panel pretty easy as can be removed & prepped/sprayed on panel stands ... see a lot of sh1t bodywork & rip-off prices in thailand so choose wisely .

Edited by BuckBee