Windows 10 and no HDMI?

wonder6281

I am having issues with my HDMI connection from my PC to my TV and Windows 10.

hdmi.jpg

I have tried to download and update the drivers but nothing changes.

Any help would be appreciated.

My Video card is a;

image.jpg

Posted 2015-11-30 17:44:52

wonder6281, on 30 Nov 2015 - 08:31, said:snapback.png

worgeordie, on 28 Nov 2015 - 13:06, said:snapback.png

You don't need an Android box if your PC and Tv ,have HDMI connections,

just buy a HDMI cable and stream from PC to Tv, thats what I do.

regards Worgeordie

I converted to Windows 10 and my PC HDMI no longer works, however my Laptop with Windows 7 does?

As we don't want to hijack this thread, please post the same question as a new topic and we can probably help.

Sounds like you're missing a necessary driver (or driver support) for your video card.

If HDMI audio is functional under Windows 7, but not under Windows 10 then I'd say that's definitely a software issue.

Probably some necessary secondary support software is missing that is only available when you install the complete device support software.

If this is an SVOA desktop PC, you may want to visit the SVOA support website and see if they have Windows 10, or at least a Windows 8.1, drivers for your Video components.

While the SVOA Support Website has a button to select English Language display, it isn't going to help much. Then select "Download Driver" and find the support files for your model number.

Another option may be to visit the OEM manufacturer for the video card and download drivers for the exact version display chipset directly.

Have you plugged the HDMI cable into your computer and turned your TV on? It won't show as plugged in until you do. Then just right-click on HDMI and set it as default. If you have already done this, try updating your video card driver. The HDMI audio driver will be included with it. Make sure that you have the latest version of Catalyst Control Center installed. Go to the AMD website and download it if necessary.

Try running Driver Booster.

Note the default tick box to install Advanced SystemCare which is optional.

You don't need it for this exercise.

I have had issues with Driver Booster on my WIN 10 system and deleted it,previously with WIN 7 and 8.1 it was fine-be carefull if your using WIN 10 sad.png

Try running Driver Booster.

Note the default tick box to install Advanced SystemCare which is optional.

You don't need it for this exercise.

I have had issues with Driver Booster on my WIN 10 system and deleted it,previously with WIN 7 and 8.1 it was fine-be carefull if your using WIN 10 sad.png

I ran Driver Booster and it did update many old drivers etc. Seems to be ok .. Thanks for your warning.

A few HDMI users note they sometimes have to wait for all the stars to be aligned just so before their computer will correctly detect and let them use the Audio/Video options on the HDMI port. Try:

1. turning the TV/Display with Speakers ON, select the correct HDMI Port,
  2. connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the PC or Laptop
  3. if issues, Power Down the PC/Laptop, wait 10 seconds, Power On
  4. once completely booted, try selecting the HDMI Port as the Video Output again, then see if HDMI Audio is also available