Prayut admits Rajabhakti Park project might have irregularities

snoop1130

Prayut admits Rajabhakti Park project might have irregularities
By: The Nation

BANGKOK -- Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha Thursday went public for the first time about his opinion that the Rajabhakti Park project might indeed be mired in irregularities.

While Prayut said he was worried about Deputy Defence Minister General Udomdej Sitabutr, whom he considered a brother, he still insisted that he would let justice run its course.

"If he has done wrong, then he must admit it. If he hasn't done it, then he must nail down the wrongdoers," Prayut said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Prayut-admits-Rajabhakti-Park-project-might-have-i-30274256.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-03

If he has done wrong, he must admit it?

NO! If he has done wrong, he won't admit it. It's up to the investigators to find the truth and punish everyone involved accordingly.

Weren't the prime minister and this general classmates? Amazing how family members and classmates conveniently fit perfectly for these top positions.

Cover up has failed miserably and all remaining face lost. What next though i wonder.

And when is this amulet trader gonna be unmasked exactly? He must have serious connections if he is still remaining nameless even at this stage.

Very shady business indeed

"It's all Udomjev's doing" said a reluctant Prayuth. Through an emotional press conference the PM with puppy dog eyes said his long time buddy with whom he'd never thought of back stabbing until now, was 100 % guilty and that he was assured that no sh1t would stick to him as he was the master of the universe and creator of all.

"the Rajabhakti Park project might indeed be mired in irregularities."

Goodness, will this hurt Prayut's chances for re-election? Or throw the government into caretaker status with a no-confidence vote in the parliament?

Well no. Those checks and balances were removed by the junta with the coup d'etat last year. Now justice operates according to Prayut's mood of the day.

Weren't the prime minister and this general classmates? Amazing how family members and classmates conveniently fit perfectly for these top positions.

According to one report they were comrades on "the battlefield". One assumes that was Bangkok, 2010.

"Irregularities", so because there has been statements made that yes indeed there has been demands for kickbacks and paid, then once come to light the money paid back then said money is "donated" to the project of which the junta has said several times they have nothing to do with the project, but then the OAG say's ehhh sorry fella's but your into it by 63million baht, so now military men, amulet sellers have done a runner, the refusal of NACC to investigate but they will look into it themselves, and Uncle Too comes up with "irregularities", no surprises guy's.

There's 3 way's this can go,

1. All is well nothing to see here.

2. Article 44 will be used, nothing to see here.

3. A sacrificial head will roll and six moths latter quietly released and told go on holidays for 2 years then come back too your millions.

Quite a surprising statement from Mr. P.

I like this little snippet from Mr. P, "...then he must nail down the wrongdoers...", meaning he is admitting there ARE wrongdoers somewhere to be caught. No mention of the word "might" as in the headline.

I remember a statement by some general who said that an investigation had been conducted and no corruption or irregularities were found. I guess he was blind or complicit.

"the Rajabhakti Park project might indeed be mired in irregularities."

Goodness, will this hurt Prayut's chances for re-election? Or throw the government into caretaker status with a no-confidence vote in the parliament?

Well no. Those checks and balances were removed by the junta with the coup d'etat last year. Now justice operates according to Prayut's mood of the day.

Well put

"Irregularities", so because there has been statements made that yes indeed there has been demands for kickbacks and paid, then once come to light the money paid back then said money is "donated" to the project of which the junta has said several times they have nothing to do with the project, but then the OAG say's ehhh sorry fella's but your into it by 63million baht, so now military men, amulet sellers have done a runner, the refusal of NACC to investigate but they will look into it themselves, and Uncle Too comes up with "irregularities", no surprises guy's.

3. A sacrificial head will roll and six moths latter quietly released and told go on holidays for 2 years then come back too your millions.

Yes real stupid to think that when the money went from bribe to being donated that no punishment is needed. That is like robbing a bank and bringing the money back and saying no harm no foul. I don't believe in that. Corruption on all sides should be punished so that means here too. Whoever is in charge always seems to go after the other side. That is one of the reasons I do like it when power changes otherwise nobody ever gets convicted of anything.

I hate corruption on ANY side.

According to one report they were comrades on "the battlefield". One assumes that was Bangkok, 2010.

could have been tiddly winks in the dorm

So the junta PM has admitted that there is irregularities. That would amount to misconduct, dereliction of duty and negligence to allow graft and corruption to happen under Udomdej's watch. Has a similar ring to the AG charges to Yingluck. Holding my breathe to see of the AG has different standard for "good" people.

Yes real stupid to think that when the money went from bribe to being donated that no punishment is needed. That is like robbing a bank and bringing the money back and saying no harm no foul. I don't believe in that. Corruption on all sides should be punished so that means here too. Whoever is in charge always seems to go after the other side. That is one of the reasons I do like it when power changes otherwise nobody ever gets convicted of anything.

I hate corruption on ANY side.

Agreed. However a sad fact of life here is that while the current government has its nose

deeply in the feeding trough, down the road there will be a new government that rises to

power. And as part of the new government platform, there will always be talk about

bring the corruption of the previous government to task. However nothing ever really

happens, as in Thailand there seems to be a gentleman's agreement to not get carried

away prosecuting the members of the old government, as the current government will

one day be the old government.... This has always been the history of Thailand. :-(

Corruption seems to be in the fabric of Thai society, not looking for a cure anytime soon.

all buses have enough clearance for scum and especially those with lettuce adornments!

Mark my words - "this is just the beginning of a grand fall from grace for the usurpers of power"

Edited by WaiLai

Let's not be too critical. A great admission by the PM. Let's see how it plays out.

"A great admission by the PM."

No, a most reluctant admission by the "PM", one which he would never have made hadn't there been so much focus on the whole debacle.

Let's not be too critical. A great admission by the PM. Let's see how it plays out.

A great admission? A necessary admission and here's what will happen.

1. Nothing. Swept under the carpet when the attention has died down and threaten anyone that questions it further.

2. Some people and scape goats arrested seemingly absolving his mate.

3. Actually charging his mate with joke a joke slap on the wrist while his mate loses a title or two but keeps all the privileges.

This is like when they got caught with their pants down regarding the great firewall. The sycophants lapped up the juntas embarrassing admissions only after the public outcry.