Paris attacks: further arrests and questions

webfact

Paris attacks: further arrests and questions

606x341_318284.jpg

BRUSSELS: -- Police in Belgium have made two further arrests in connection with last month’s attacks in Paris.

A 28-year-old Belgian man was detained at an address in the neighbourhood of Molenbeek in Brussels.

A 20-year-old French national was detained at Brussels airport as he was boarding a plane bound for Morocco.

Both faces charges relating to the Paris attacks and have been remanded in custody for a month.

A Hungarian connection?

The Hungarian government says one of the group passed through Budapest.

Without naming him or saying when he was in the city, a government spokesperson said the man was at the Keleti Station. He got a group of migrants together and left the country with them.

Hungary and Salah Abdeslam

French judicial sources said on Wednesday that the suspected eighth Paris attacker Salah Abdeslam had gone to Hungary in September to pick up two men that investigators think could have been two members of the team involved in the attacks.

The source said Abdeslam was stopped in a car rented in Belgium by police on the Austrian border before entering Hungary.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-12-04

I normally don't like grammar police but that last sentence throws me. Why did police rent a car in Belgium and what country's police were they? How does one rent a car in Belgium on the Austrian Border when they are so far apart? Who was entering Hungary?

Cheers.

NeverSure, on 04 Dec 2015 - 12:26, said:

I normally don't like grammar police but that last sentence throws me. Why did police rent a car in Belgium and what country's police were they? How does one rent a car in Belgium on the Austrian Border when they are so far apart? Who was entering Hungary?

Cheers.

The source said, Abdeslam was driving a car that he had rented in Belgium. He was stopped by police on the Austrian border, as he was about to enter Hungary.

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif