China pledges $60 billion to African development

rooster59

China pledges $60 billion to African development

JOHANNESBURG (AP) — China's president has pledged $60 billion to development in Africa, as part of what Chinese and African leaders have called "win-win cooperation."

Speaking at the Forum on China Africa Cooperation in South Africa on Friday, President Xi Jinping outlined 10 areas that will receive funding.

Xi said his government will cancel outstanding debts for Africa's least developed countries. The Chinese president said billions would go toward the smooth implementation of infrastructure projects, aid for drought-stricken countries and thousands of scholarships for African students.

At the last summit three years ago, China pledged to provide a $20 billion credit line to African countries for development projects.

Despite its weakening economy, China has the world's largest foreign currency reserves at $3.514 trillion.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-12-04

Why am I not surprised, First almost every Western country from Belgium, France, Germany the UK to the USA pillaged Africa, now the Chinese with an inflated yuan is setting up to do more of the same. China is the new 'capitalist running dog pig' on the block. Now who was that that said that? Chairman who.... in his Little Red Book talking about the USA? No couldn't be...

I have been in The Marshall Islands and seen first hand what the Chinese have done there. Taken over all the stores, inflated all the prices and not a cent of the revenue goes back into the community towards building infrastructure or capacity and that was the agreement with the government.

The new drug of choice in China is money. Watch out Thailand

Why am I not surprised, First almost every Western country from Belgium, France, Germany the UK to the USA pillaged Africa, now the Chinese with an inflated yuan is setting up to do more of the same. China is the new 'capitalist running dog pig' on the block. Now who was that that said that? Chairman who.... in his Little Red Book talking about the USA? No couldn't be...

I have been in The Marshall Islands and seen first hand what the Chinese have done there. Taken over all the stores, inflated all the prices and not a cent of the revenue goes back into the community towards building infrastructure or capacity and that was the agreement with the government.

Well, at least they don't bomb the shit out of the place like other "capitalist running dog pig' on the block" used to do right?

Well, at least they don't bomb the shit out of the place like other "capitalist running dog pig' on the block" used to do right?

Right you are. They use economic repression these days. The new economic bomb is the thing. It's the new way to get control of the people {cheap labor) and not have to rebuild what they destroyed. BTW the Belgians used deception. At one time the country was called the Belgian Congo then the Congo now the DAR, no bombs just decades of deception.

CCP hasn't any choice in seeking easy influence in the world as Africa is the only wide open vulnerable continent due to a number of reasons, all of which CCP are happy to try to exploit.

“The extraordinary development of China-Zimbabwe relations shows that our friendship is rooted in the cultural tradition of our two countries that values sincerity and friendship,” said Mr Xi, who will travel on to South Africa on Thursday.

For all the declarations of mutual affection, officials in Harare will be hoping that despite Chinese investment in Africa falling by 40 per cent in the first half of the year, Beijing is still willing to spend hundreds of millions of dollars in Zimbabwe. In 2013,

Commenting on Xi's plans, Standard Bank China analyst Jeremy Stevens said: "I think it’s significant in the sense that it confirms China’s longstanding agenda on the continent ... despite the economic difficulties (in China)."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/president-xi-jinping-in-africa-robert-mugabe-rolls-out-red-carpet-for-chinese-premier-in-hope-of-a6756401.html

China welcomes its ‘old friend’ Robert Mugabe with a 21-gun salute, as Zimbabwean leader seeks cash to bail out ailing economy

Robert Mugabe was called an 'old friend of the Chinese people' during visit

25 August 2014

article-urn:publicid:ap.org:3b646c1480d9

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2733844/Zimbabwe-seeks-Chinas-aid-Mugabe-meets-Xi.html

081167-01-02.jpg

Chinese President Xi Jinping (left) walks hand-in-hand with Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe on the Chinese leader's arrival in Harare where China and Zimbabwe are scheduled to sign various economic deals in agriculture, energy and infrastructure development, on Tuesday December 1, 2015. PHOTO | JEKESAI NJIKIZANA AFP

CCP just last week got a big bailout from IMF which the CCP needed desperately for their own failing economy and systems. IMF knows it stuck its finger in the dike of the CCP's tumbling economy and its financial system.

Edited by Publicus

I miss those blocks, and those black ropes, of tobacco from the Marshal Islands.

Puatolo, if I remember.

CCP doesn't bomb anyone outside the CCP China. Not yet.

They are a cancer. They mestasise. Then you find out.

Ideology is a brain disease and it is CCP's sarcoma.

The only known cure is freedom and democracy, to include a strong dose of market economics.

There will be a quid pro quo.

Will this largesse be linked to giving support to the benefactor at the UN and other world forums?

Maybe the current African leaders have their fingers crossed, that the debt will not be called in during their life time.

Edited by attento