Or-Ah-Harn-Thai restaurant

SidJames

My personnel favorite in Pattaya is Or-Ah-Harn-Thai on Pattaya Tai but it is shut quite often these days.

I understand that the old lady has not been in the best of health so I do hope all is well as she is great cook, a hard worker & excellent host.

It's not nice to refer to anyone as "old lady" and the woman you refer to doesn't cook, she waits on tables and controls the money. She started having math problems a few years ago, always overcharging. I agree the food is above average and while you pay about 10 baht per dish more than most other venues it's worth it. I've seen rats in there as well as next door which for some reason I've learned to accept as a norm living in Pattaya.

You must be mixing up the staff Bruce.

This is a family run business for the most part & the oldest lady(none are that young anymore) is the main cook.

She must be well into her 60's if not more & I have always been impressed with how she puts in the hours in front of that hot stove every evening.

I really don't know a comparative restaurant in Pattaya

It's not nice to refer to anyone as "old lady" and the woman you refer to doesn't cook, she waits on tables and controls the money. She started having math problems a few years ago, always overcharging. I agree the food is above average and while you pay about 10 baht per dish more than most other venues it's worth it. I've seen rats in there as well as next door which for some reason I've learned to accept as a norm living in Pattaya.