Celebrating X'mas and NYE BKK or pattaya?

Howitzer

With the current reports of IS terrorists entering Thailand with intent to target Russians and specifically Pattaya and Bangkok, i suggest you go find an open field in Hauy Yai somewhere.

Avoid crowds, especially crowds of Russians!

New Years Eve? Depends if you are looking to get laid or if you already have a partner ;-) If the former then it probably doesn't really matter, but as Lenny says given the current situation probably best to stay away from the more commercial, busy and openly public areas. As I fall into the latter category my choice is BKK - I've found Lebua at State Tower is a great place to see the New Year in, great food, amazing views of the city and a good atmosphere - and given it is a little exclusive with good security - probably as safe a place as any. Plus when you've had as much as you can soak up its just an elevator ride down to your room ;-)

As for Xmas, at home with family - isn't that what Xmas is supposed to be about??

There is going to be an air of nervousness and a generally jumpy atmosphere this year on both christmas and ny celebrations. Hard to really enjoy when youre looking around nervously to spot a suspicious person.

Bangkok will be a nice place for some upmarket experiences.

Pattaya will be for a seedy, subpar, bingo player experience.

Hiding under my bed to escape all the pissheads and idiots out and about at all hours of the day and night....right royal pain in the arse.....could easily live without the holidays.....just another poor excuse for the locals to get pissed. Like they need an excuse in the first place.....?

post-53398-0-03248000-1449365335_thumb.j

New Years Eve? Depends if you are looking to get laid or if you already have a partner ;-) If the former then it probably doesn't really matter, but as Lenny says given the current situation probably best to stay away from the more commercial, busy and openly public areas. As I fall into the latter category my choice is BKK - I've found Lebua at State Tower is a great place to see the New Year in, great food, amazing views of the city and a good atmosphere - and given it is a little exclusive with good security - probably as safe a place as any. Plus when you've had as much as you can soak up its just an elevator ride down to your room ;-)

As for Xmas, at home with family - isn't that what Xmas is supposed to be about??

...just what is so great about sexual activity, anyway ?

MIght be the saddest post Ive read on TV.

If you need to ask that then you're probably not doing it right.