Alcohol rules today

iainiain101

I have friends arriving from the UK, and wondered what the rules re getting a beer with dinner where for today. Does anyone know if today is dry?

I have bought some beer at Rimping today without any issue, but when I asked a friend about his restaurant, he said he would not be serving alcohol today.

Must admit to being confused!

There are dome bars that will be closed and some restaurants that will not serve beer because the owners believe this is a sign of respect for the King. But there is no blanket ban on alcohol even in this city that is now under the control of so rather puritanical authorities.

I had some guests arriving so phoned Macro, they said no alcohol sales today, so just paid a bit more at the Mom and Pop store down the road!!

Surprising....no problem at Tesco...but then again, they had to go to court to get back their privilege from the 300 m rule.

There are dome bars that will be closed and some restaurants that will not serve beer because the owners believe this is a sign of respect for the King. But there is no blanket ban on alcohol even in this city that is now under the control of so rather puritanical authorities.

All the bar owners I talked to last night said closed today.. And certainly not by choice or out of 'respect'.