portable air conditioning, what is the best?

VIPinthailand

I have one...and it is completely useless...at temperatures higher than 30 C. I would have to sit right next to it and use it like a fan. Paid 9000 and you can have it for half that.

Would work well in a 3X3 meter room...maybe. Problem in small rooms is not only the noise, but it needs to be 18 inches out from the wall..and the exhaust hose heats the room anyways.

If I would of listened to my wife...I would of had a real air conditioner...as I lost 9000 anyways. Now I still have to pay 15000 for a decent one. Total lesson.....24,000 baht

I have one...and it is completely useless...at temperatures higher than 30 C. I would have to sit right next to it and use it like a fan. Paid 9000 and you can have it for half that.

Would work well in a 3X3 meter room...maybe.

They work well in cupboards and the like.

http://www.lg.com/us/portable-air-conditioners

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Heating-Venting-Cooling-Air-Conditioners-Coolers/N-5yc1vZc4me

AJ Portable Air Conditioner

This is a new AJ 12,000 btu/hr air conditioner/Humidifier. -

Major shops have them. Big C, Homepro ... etc ..

Tested recently in a report and confirmed they are ballcocks...........at best they need 2 holes in the wall not the one the AJ crap comes with

What would be the principle on which they are based?

A fridge creates heath outside and cold inside.

I have many times found the heath generated by built - in fridges dangerous.

Would expensive portable air conditioners use a different system? Turning heath into condense perhaps?

http://www.lg.com/us/portable-air-conditioners

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Heating-Venting-Cooling-Air-Conditioners-Coolers/N-5yc1vZc4me

AJ Portable Air Conditioner

This is a new AJ 12,000 btu/hr air conditioner/Humidifier. -

Major shops have them. Big C, Homepro ... etc ..

Tested recently in a report and confirmed they are ballcocks...........at best they need 2 holes in the wall not the one the AJ crap comes with

I'm checking out the videos now ...

You can get Chinese brand TCL 9btu for as little as 9,000baht fitted...

Didn't know that they did AC's.

I have a 6 yr old TCL TV (32in HD) in a room and it's still fine.

Have a new TCL 48inch and it's better that the new Samsung, which was moved so the TCL could take it's place.

Not much on the net for their AC's in Thailand. Any info on them?

We have a portable a/c 12k btu in a bedroom approx. 170 sq ft.

Ducted outside at floor level.

Noisy,,yes

Will not cool room during peak heat,,yes

But turned on at bedtime with an oscillating fan it makes falling asleep comfortable and easy.

We sleep with a blanket nearby and pull it up after a few hours.

I would be very uncomfortable without it.

It's a rented shop/home and my wife would go bonkers if I paid to install a split system.

Thailand is hot but not when I sleep at night now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get Chinese brand TCL 9btu for as little as 9,000baht fitted...

Didn't know that they did AC's.

I have a 6 yr old TCL TV (32in HD) in a room and it's still fine.

Have a new TCL 48inch and it's better that the new Samsung, which was moved so the TCL could take it's place.

Not much on the net for their AC's in Thailand. Any info on them?

Company that sells them : https://www.kaidee.com/product-113126625/

I would just invest in a normal A/C unit. So called portable still need to be vented outside so the word portable is a bit misleading unless of course you put holes in walls in every room. 12 BTU Daikin fully fitted 5 yr parts and labour 13500. On offer at moment at Daikin KK

I would just invest in a normal A/C unit. So called portable still need to be vented outside so the word portable is a bit misleading unless of course you put holes in walls in every room. 12 BTU Daikin fully fitted 5 yr parts and labour 13500. On offer at moment at Daikin KK

I wouldn't mind a deal like that.

Do Daikin have their own shop in Chiang Mai?

I wouldn't mind a deal like that.

Do Daikin have their own shop in Chiang Mai?

No idea sorry was in shop here 2 days ago they said it was a promotion for two weeks no idea when it started. Pity we got ours in already would have had a couple myself

Would work well in a 3X3 meter room...maybe.

They work well in cupboards and the like.

also in dog houses... those for small dogs.

• 3 weeks later...

what is the best portable ac for a 23 sqm room?

The man who bought 3 condos by demanding huge discounts actually stays in 23sq. metre bedsit with a fan.

there are a lot of folk with big money who live very modestly in this world, maybe they got wealthy by doing this, some live for the thrill of making money yet have no interest in spending it...........my Wife is one of them and she still buys second hand clothes.

• 1 month later...

Archived