Fifa: FBI probing Sepp Blatter role in $100m bribery scandal

webfact

Fifa: FBI probing Sepp Blatter role in $100m bribery scandal

LONDON: -- The FBI is investigating the role played by Fifa president Sepp Blatter in a $100m (£66.2m) bribes scandal, a BBC investigation has discovered.

Sports marketing company ISL paid a total of $100m to officials including former Fifa president Joao Havelange and ex-Fifa executive Ricardo Teixeira.

In return, ISL was granted lucrative television and marketing rights throughout the 1990s.

Blatter denied knowing about the bribes and took no action.

He even allowed Teixeira to take part in the notorious vote for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2015-12-07

It's about time someone reigned in Blatter. Why the FBI though ?

Shouldn't his own country have been doing this years back ?

His own country will not indite him because of his association with him and their own corruption.The United States can do this because of their use of the banking system.So lesson to those in international financing involving corruption and bribery "take it with you" don't bank it.I would; then like to know where you live......

I somehow doubt it will be all over when Septic Bladder has been given the boot. Think about it, all the names up for nomination are all from within Fifa. The one that wins it, will probably be the most corrupt one, otherwise he wouldn't 'win', would he?

You cannot tell me that they are all completely innocent, because the corruption was too deep, its just that they havent been found out, yet.

Platini looks like he's got away with his bit, so if his name goes forward, he will most probably win.....only because he already has the voters in his pocket....watch this space!