Beach Road Bus Bedlam...

lonewolf99

I traveled from Thepprasit to Naklua yesterday at 3pm. Took over 45 minutes. Traffic was insane.

We long time ago stopped using the truck down town if can be avoided, scooter is just soooo much more nippy and you can park almost everywhere.

It drives me nuts sitting in the "cage" going nowhere.

The trunk was full of musical equipment! Never fit all of it on even several scooters! LOL

Plus, I've got too many friends who've been hurt/killed on scooters. Just not worth the risk for me. I'm self insured! I'll sit in the AC comfort of the car and arrive there fresh and clean. Though perhaps a bit late!

wai2.gif

Horrific traffic chaos and pollution. Will only get worse. Zero planning and enforcement. Real third world in second world wrapping. Even countries like Brazil cracked down on polluters already 20 years ago. Shame what is going on here. MS>

China must be bad if they think Pattaya is paradise.

As another poster has noted, it's not just Beach Road. Every morning one lane is totally blocked on Sukhumvit as a long line of tour buses wait to get into Rubberland. The city should demand that the buses use a side street to off-load or radio the buses to come only when there is space to park. This is a particularly bad area to be blocked as it is near the tunnel construction and traffic is already bad all the time there. The city needs to do a much better job of managing the tour buses all over the city. Thappraya is particularly bad to negotiate as there are lots of tour buses parked up and down the street, especially in the evening, and they block sight lines and make the street even more narrow. Plus it's just so unattractive. The city should prohibit parking vehicles with more than 4 tires on any public streets.

Tour busses is the word TOUR which means tourists in the area spending money which local population benifits from. I think all two wheeled vehicles should be banned between 7am and 7pm as they cause no end of problem's but it ain't going to happen so live with it

Ban all the 2 wheelers and replace them with more 4 wheelers....great idea NOT. All it would do is increase the traffic problem.

As another poster has noted, it's not just Beach Road. Every morning one lane is totally blocked on Sukhumvit as a long line of tour buses wait to get into Rubberland. The city should demand that the buses use a side street to off-load or radio the buses to come only when there is space to park. This is a particularly bad area to be blocked as it is near the tunnel construction and traffic is already bad all the time there. The city needs to do a much better job of managing the tour buses all over the city. Thappraya is particularly bad to negotiate as there are lots of tour buses parked up and down the street, especially in the evening, and they block sight lines and make the street even more narrow. Plus it's just so unattractive. The city should prohibit parking vehicles with more than 4 tires on any public streets.

Tour busses is the word TOUR which means tourists in the area spending money which local population benifits from. I think all two wheeled vehicles should be banned between 7am and 7pm as they cause no end of problem's but it ain't going to happen so live with it

Ban all the 2 wheelers and replace them with more 4 wheelers....great idea NOT. All it would do is increase the traffic problem.

Ever heard of sarcasm! !!!! That was what my post was oh dear

Ever heard of sarcasm! !!!! That was what my post was oh dear

Not one part of your post reads as sarcasm.