Thai PM blasts New Democracy Movement's exposure disgusting

webfact

PM blasts New Democracy Movement’s exposure disgusting

76-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha blasted the New Democracy Movement group over its exposures of alleged corruption in the construction of the Rajabhakti museum park, saying it was disgusting.

Before attending the weekly cabinet meeting, he was asked by reporters if he has seen the corruption diagram released by the activist group, Gen Prayut appeared serious and replied “it’s disgusting, do you trust it.”

He asked the media to stop expanding such disgusted thing for the group, and said he has assigned the government spokesman to give a press conference over the matter.

Meanwhile Deputy Defence Minister Gen Udomdej Sitabutr said the auditor-general is investigating the controversy, and admitted there was irregularities in the construction.

He assured that the past committee in charge of the construction was honest and could explain everything.

There was irregularities on the part of the moulding factories which is the private sector and which the construction committee was not in charge.

He asked for sympathy and justice for people who were in the committee saying they were honest and devoted to do the job and could clarify in details.

He said all construction had nothing to do with the army.

He admitted that there was growing pressure to force him to quit, but as he is a normal human being, he was affected and had to seriously think.

However he said he was confident of the honesty of all those involved and would like to thank the people who donated money for the construction to have confidence and understanding.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-blasts-new-democracy-movements-exposure-disgusting

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-12-08

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is disgusting is the way this investigation is being handle and over reaction by the solders and government to people who want to peacefully protest possible corruption.

Edited by Mango Bob

not a better promotion of the opposition movement, than from the mouth of the unelected pm.

udomdej is a goner, he might be consider himself lucky not being locked or murdered:

"There was unconfirmed reports that the former army chief Gen Udomdej Sitabutr is to resign as deputy defence minister within this month after his two aides were allegedly found to involve with the lese majeste gang operated by “Mor Yong”, a once famous fortune teller who died in military custody of blood infection."

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/justice-minister-to-seek-park-evidence-from-redshirt-leaders

Edited by londonthai

"He admitted that there was growing pressure to force him to quit, but as he is a normal human being, he was affected and had to seriously think."

Protesters are kryptonite to his special powers.

They are making him feel like this when he has to seriously think.

treknorman.jpg

--------------------------------------------------

He should also seriously think about what he's wearing. He reminds me of Castro, military one day & civilian the next, mixed in with James Bond villain outfits.

Edited by jaywalker

The only thing that's disgusting is the attitude of this apology for a so called leader.

Absolutely no tolerance to anything he doesn't like or agree with, his only reaction is to lash out yet how many times has he appealed for time and understanding ?

what a crock.

Who cares what happens really who does care. the longer I live in Thailand,the more i feel i am beginning to understand Thai ways.

People in positions of power donot care about doing what their job requires. They are interested in how much money they can extract well in the position.Getting the job done is secondary to getting money out. Officials can receive large sums of money to complete something and nothing gets done but the money is gone,no answers to where is needed. It isnot a case of take the money and run. It is a case of take the money and look for more. No one above them cares as long as they get their fair share and no one below dare challenge them. the better a person is at getting money for their associates the faster the get promoted.

Absolutely disgraceful. There is no hope with this fool at the helm.

They've tried every trick in the book to make this go away but even the staunchest supporters can see this appalling attempt for a cover up for what it is.

Some heads are going to have to roll but i still think this is too damaging. Who knows what's next

Meanwhile Deputy Defence Minister Gen Udomdej Sitabutr said the auditor-general is investigating the controversy, and admitted there was irregularities in the construction.

There was irregularities on the part of the moulding factories which is the private sector and which the construction committee was not in charge.

Apparently, it is obvious that there exist in this project some irregularities.
So, 100% transparency is appropriate here, and nothing else.

Been on a posting sabbatical and just observing from afar. This guy is bullet proof and he does not give a jot what people think. Hes in power for one reason, mentioned many times here, and hes not going anywhere till his work is done. Hes not here in the interest of "National Security", hes here in the interest of his and his colleagues security. He has to be sure that the army retains its 'untouchable status' and that is only possible if things deviate from their natural course. If an elected government was in office any transition would be straight forward.

Something tells me we are going to see one gigantic rabbitt pulled from the hat.

A coup, that's probably one of the most disgusting things to happen !

And the second disgusting thing in Thailand is the mad monk , but yes, the first is you and the second a fellow yellow shirt, so no problem with disgusting then.

Several posts containing libel and defamation, as well as some anti-coup posts have been removed from this thread.

From the pinned topic in the News Forum:

Thailand remain under Martial Law and the rules related to Social Media and posting on Thaivisa will follow the guidelines set forth by the Thai government and the military. Here are some things that you should consider when posting:

All suspects in lese majeste cases, national security cases, violators of NCPO orders will face court martial.

Any discussion of the Monarchy or members of the royal family in a political context will result in a ban. This includes vague comments that could be construed as referring to the Monarchy.

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed.

Any posts which can be construed as rumor mongering are not allowed.

Posters violating these rules, and the forum rules will receive a warning, a possible suspension of posting privileges or a ban from the site.

From the Forum Rules:

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

Why do people care?

Foreigners have no rights here which is actually great. No worries, no problems. Let Thais sort this out themselves. Political situation does not affect me in any shape or form. No house in Thailand and no investments whatsoever. Again, no problems

Good for you.

Other living here since decades, with thai family, kids, businesses and they pay taxes.

If they worry, that's understandable.

Many care and want a better future for their children.

Nothing wrong with it.

It always depends on the perspective.

Hmm so the self appointed pm of Thailand and self acclaimed fighter of corruption calls the students pointing out corruption in connection with their park disgusting ?

So he only fights corruption which the army doesn't benefit from directly, check.

Why do people care?

Foreigners have no rights here which is actually great. No worries, no problems. Let Thais sort this out themselves. Political situation does not affect me in any shape or form. No house in Thailand and no investments whatsoever. Again, no problems

Good for you.

Other living here since decades, with thai family, kids, businesses and they pay taxes.

If they worry, that's understandable.

Many care and want a better future for their children.

Nothing wrong with it.

It always depends on the perspective.

With all due respect paying taxes does not give you any rights except the right to earn a living.

I have paid enough tax in the past 3 years to Canada to buy a condo in Bangkok even though I did not even step a foot on Canadian soil and at this point would not even have any rights to see a doctor until I re-establish a residency. Paying tax is a guarantee of nothing.

Moving to a third world country and raising a family here lacks a foresight in my opinion.

Some people (like perhaps yourself) obviously made a killing here, so maybe it is time to sell your assets and move your family to a more friendly environment back home?

I don't want to sound confrontational, but I have read a lot about Thailand before I moved here.... most of the stuff on this very forum for almost a decade.

I think foreigners are not following their own advice and should just stop caring. Why have your blood boil about stuff you can not control?