Poster of the Year Nominations -- Start Nominating

Fabricus

Anyway, there is still plenty of time till the end of the month, and plenty of time for winnowing, and voting, so I reckon the NOMINATIONS should continue here for a number of DAYS yet.

So please do CONTINUE with all of your nominations.

I suggest writing something about WHY you are nominating the person (short and sweet best) because many of the names are not widely known.

Keep in mind this is not a voting thread and there is no need for the same name to be nominated 10 times. ONCE is adequate.

This here is for NOMINATIONS.

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, there is still plenty of time till the end of the month, and plenty of time for winnowing, and voting, so I reckon the NOMINATIONS should continue here for a number of DAYS yet.

So please do CONTINUE with all of your nominations.

This here is for NOMINATIONS.

Perhaps you -- Sir Poll Lord -- could start by summarizing nominations added thus far. Or perhaps I could suggest a format:

Who do you support: Transam

Why: Dunno. Don't know what to say. He's just kind of, you know, decent. And he's sort of one of us. Know what I mean? Seriously, he's straight up. Wicked, innit?

I certainly won't be periodically summarizing all the nominations.

It's just a matter of looking at the thread when the nominations close and gleaning all the unique names.

So mentioning the same name 10 times isn't helpful but it doesn't really hurt either, because the list will only show the name ONCE.

Anyone nominated who doesn't want to be considered should post to that effect, or they may end up in the voting rounds, like it or not.

Edited by Jingthing

Looks like Jingthing has gone 360 degrees on us ,arse over tit again (so to speakwhistling.gif ) .

Do you want to volunteer?

Great! clap2.gif

Please post to that effect.

I would only do it if nobody else will do it and management asks, but if I do it, I have conditions which I have already stated, take it or leave it.

Edited by Jingthing

My nomination goes to Mr Fletchsmile

post-239113-0-22046000-1449609680_thumb.

Smart guy, good business nous, probably never drops down into this Pub for a drink.

If he doesn't make the cut, my other choices mostly have been nominated.

Edit, umm, sorry for the large photo, I'm not very good with this stuff, can someone make that a bit smaller, I thought it would look (same size) like his Avatar. thanks

Edited by Supaluke

Kurtie,even if we mostly disagree the above one is priceless...

But my nominations goes to Villagefarang ( even if he don't want)

Naam

Sipi ( you traitor)

Traitor? For not being on another forum? (PM me CC)

My nomination goes to Mr Fletchsmile

attachicon.gifav-48089 (Mobile).jpg

Smart guy, good business nous, probably never drops down into this Pub for a drink.

If he doesn't make the cut, my other choices mostly have been nominated.

Edit, umm, sorry for the large photo, I'm not very good with this stuff, can someone make that a bit smaller, I thought it would look (same size) like his Avatar. thanks

How could I forget Fletch...though he is my next nomination...

I nominate

smokie36

because he is THERE. Eating Mexican food.

As in there's no there there, why, yes there is, smokie36's there!

What about smokie35?

You don't wanna know.

Mr Tobacconist -- sometimes referred to as Mr Smokie -- is in some ways the biggest hero in TV history.

What he did was monumental: he took all the worthless scum from TV and dumped it on a new forum. And he kept it there. The man is extraordinary.

The reason TV is so much better now than a year ago is largely due to Mr Tobacconist. The man is a TV forum hero.

I happily nominate SMOKIE.

I have to reject the nomination as I'd hate to be seen to promote the consumption of tobacco.

It seems remiss of me to have overlooked the indefatigable Mr Crab.

The maestro of 140 words is as deserving a mention as anyone else.

Let me nominate Thaivisa's very own tweet master and resident Khon Khaen expert, Mr JL CRAB.

OK Thanks but it's 140 characters - not 140 words.

BTW as to who is/was JLCrab from Chinatown -- Jack Nicholson as GITTES / Faye Dunaway as EVELYN:

OK -- back in business.

< snip >

One day soon I may start a SERIOUS thread about Stanley Kubrick. I would love to discuss Barry Lyndon.

My favorite Kubrick scene from Dr. Strangelove ... where Gen. Buck Turgidson (George C. Scott) is asked by the President (Peter Sellers) if a highly damaged B-52 can still deliver its nuclear bomb on target:
Edited by JLCrab

I nominate

smokie36

because he is THERE. Eating Mexican food.

As in there's no there there, why, yes there is, smokie36's there!

What about smokie35?

You don't wanna know.

Mr Tobacconist -- sometimes referred to as Mr Smokie -- is in some ways the biggest hero in TV history.

What he did was monumental: he took all the worthless scum from TV and dumped it on a new forum. And he kept it there. The man is extraordinary.

The reason TV is so much better now than a year ago is largely due to Mr Tobacconist. The man is a TV forum hero.

I happily nominate SMOKIE.

I have to reject the nomination as I'd hate to be seen to promote the consumption of tobacco.

Or God beware the consumption of alcohol or...btw how was Amsterdam???

I don't know whether I have been officially nominated or not and I have no idea who might vote for me -- but I have a pretty fair idea who might vote against me.

For a token payment of B10k, I will nominate you.

I don't know whether I have been officially nominated or not and I have no idea who might vote for me -- but I have a pretty fair idea who might vote against me.

For a token payment of B10k, I will nominate you.

I remember reading the late columnist Herb Caen in The San Fracisco Chronice in the early 190's that a well attired business man approached a scruffy young man at Union Square and said:

Business Man: Here's 10 dollars -- go get a haircut.

Scruffy Young Man replied: Here's 20 dollars -- drop dead.

Only one person (the fabulous Fabricus) seems to be backing JT for Poll Lord. He is railroading us. I put the motion that Fabricus be excluded from the process of selecting the Poll Lord on the grounds that Fabricus aliquis inconveniens aut ingrata. All in favour! The ayes have it. I would like to nominate Soi Biker. Though he is on my ignore list, he does have the advantage of being a master of brevity, unlike JT who is incapable of saying one word when 20 will do.

Since most of the better posters have been hounded off this board there really isn't a decent nominee for POTY this time around.

Maybe we would be better off running POTY on the other forum.

cheesy.gif

Who is stopping you?

Go for it!

I nominate

Ulysses G.

because he was a great general and a crappy president, who lives on as formidable Thaivisa member of unusual persistence. Some may say pigheaded. But you notice him.

yes, indeed, one of the forums most staunch anti muslim posters and supporter of Donald trump does indeed some sort of mention, for sheer enforcement of the ugly american stereotype and its comedic value alone. Gone are the days when he was a mild mannered sexpat bookseller and lover of american fast food.

I am assuming that, so far, we have..

CrazyCook

PG

MrCrab

Trans

CHill

Ron18

SCowboy

Smokie?

Fletch

SBiker

Fabricus

VFarang

Naam

MrKBottom

Fang?

Morch

Who have I missed..

At least a few ladies posting on this forum...which I would recommend to take into account for this vote...