What is the best value, border run or visa extension

Nick ZepTepi

Hello,

I have one of the last triple entry tourist visa, and i have the option of doing a border run to activate the 2nd or do a 30 day extension in a couple of weeks.

I've added up what I could research and I think it's around 1600b total to do a border run on the green bus, which includes a little spending, or 1900b for the extension.

Can anyone give me a more accurate amount?

Sent from my mobile, please forgive the autocorrect!

I would think there are more variables to consider from your personal viewpoint.

If you did the extension, wouldn't you still have two entries remaining? Do the border run and you use the 2nd entry. What are your long term plans?

As for the exact baht amounts of one vs the other, I would think on a border run you would end up spending a bunch on food and drink even without sending the night anywhere. Add in an over night, and it has to be more expensive.

And there is the time spent; will going to be a "task to be accomplished" or a nice sight seeing event?

My triple visa has an enter before 17th of March, unless i get an extension on either the 1st (due to end on the 30th or Dec) or 2nd entry (end around the 28th Feb) I'll need to leave the country on a holiday perhaps to cambodia for around 17 days from the end of Feb to the lets say the 16th to activate the 3rd which I will extend to get me past the end of May and see out the Condo contract.

A beach holiday would be nice but I'd like to have the option of not being forced to go, so an extension is a good option and I'm guessing immigration could be quieter than usual on 24th or 25th of December!?

So a ticket is 656, Myanmar Visa 500, food drinks tuk tuk etc will be close to in total to 1600 or more. It's not that much cheaper than a extension.

Thanks for you comments, and extension is looking very likely at this point, while I check my pennies for the holiday!

use 10 US in Myanmar...saves you 140 thb. I would do the run. What's it worth to avoid Prom? Chiang Rai is a good place to visit. I would get a one way to Maesai, take care of business, then do a local to Chiang Rai, then get a room, and explore, come back the next day. B2 Night Bazaar is 350 ish.....other options for 2-300.