John Lennon: 35 years since the death of a man whose music changed the world

webfact

RIP John, you did your best and it made an impact on so many.

It is the worlds loss that you arent around now to have continued to have an impact for the better.

Though as usual around here, so many nasty souless comments from nasty souless people, who couldnt write 2 notes or put 2 words together that meant anything to anyone.

Give me Paul McCartney any day, he was the driving force behind the Beatles the main song writer and lead singer on 75% of the Beatles hits

Nobody would have heard of John Lennon had he not met Paul

John never lived long enough to prove any different,or why are the records credited as Lennon and Mc Cartney.

Originally they were McCartney-Lennon, this is a pic first album

post-249480-0-54285900-1449731637_thumb.

No point in getting into a contest about who was more influential or the better composer, Paul or John but I have to say after The Beatles split up Paul came out with some really trite stuff except for Band on the Run. I prefer Lennon because he did both rock and ballads, and stuff like the song below, amazing it came out only 3 years after She Loves You.

Edited by bannork

-

I prefer Lennon because he did both rock and ballads

What's all this talk that McCartney didn't rock? Sure, he was good at the ballads, but he knew how to do everything. He was the most versatile of the Beatles, able to play Ringo's drum parts, George's leads, and John's rhythms if need be. McCartney ALSO did both rock and ballads.

For example, Paul wrote and sang:

"Helter Skelter"

"Back In The U.S.S.R."

"Paperback Writer"

He also co-wrote some rockers with Lennon, like "Birthday", which he contributed 50% of the song.

I agree that "Band on the Run" was Paul's best solo LP, but, IMO, the LP "McCartney" was also good. "Maybe I'm Amazed was as good as any Beatles song.

Another McCartney tune - IMO, as good as anything Lennon ever wrote

Lennon ALSO only did a few excellent LPs after the Beatles and, as I said before, most of the best songs were written when the Beatles were still together.

Edited by Ulysses G.