Parking Lots

Lannig

I just went for a short trip to Europe, so I am now among the lucky (not!) guys who've experienced the new airport. To summarize my opinion: it's a shame, a disgrace, it's ugly, ill-designed, impractical, unfinished etc. It's new and it already looks dirty in many places. This thing will durably harm Thailand's reputation to travelers. Take it down and build new would be my advice :o

The arrival hall is laughable, its size would be perfect for a provincial airport... before that, the big display panel at the end of the arrival corridor is made almost invisible by a huge duty free shop. A real shame because that's the place where belt numbers for baggage delivery are shown. Obviously many people miss it. I've seen quite a few walking around the baggage belts room trying to locate the right place. Furthermore I've waited more than 45 minutes for my luggage (I should write only 45 minutes and consider myself lucky I guess) etc. Most of these complaints have been written already so I won't repeat.

Since I had left my car parked at the airport during my trip, I just wanted to add my two cents about the parking lots: they're free at this time, for any length of stay, which is a nice thing but has nothing to do with generosity: it's only because the barriers and guard kiosks are not built yet! Now be careful if you park your car there. There are (at least) two parking lots close to the airport, and absolutely no indication of which one you are at when inside. They use the same set of location markers (e.g. there's a green "3A" in both parking lots). So if you think that your car has been stolen when you come back, maybe you're not searching the right parking lot!

Be very careful when you exit the parking lots. The signs are small and sparse and you could easly enter the wrong spiral ramp! Actually they seem to have changed the direction of these ramps at some point because the one I had to use to go down (as directed by an employee standing there) had the yellow/black chevron marks on the side painted for the other direction!

Oh... and don't go by a rainy day. The roofs over the bridges from the parking lots to the airport have gaps so you'd get soaked up. Worse, the roofs over the parking lot staircases are leaking like hel_l so don't use these either.

I really miss Don Muang :D

--Lannig