Worthless Tot Adsl... Problems Again

Gonzo the Face

Anyone else having TOT ADSL been having ps poor service for the past couple weeks???

It has been terrible...... either "this page not available" or "cannot access the server" .... This has been happening with increasing frequency and at all times of the day .....

Also in trying to connect with websites.... it will be ever so slowly trying to open to where it make 5,6 7 minutes to open an email account, bank, or newspaper....

As far as opening the Hydro site thats almost impossible, only to find out they didn't post anything anyhow....

This is on the east side of the river......

Anybody got any better solutions or suggestions for higher speed service and from whom.....????

gonzo

gonzo,

my luck with TOT has been quite good ever since i replaced a faulty modem. then line has only gone down two or three times in over a month. i just clocked 855/337 on the thaivisa speed test. granted, that's not 1024/512, but i'll take what i can get.

based on my experience, i would say check to make sure everything is working fine on your end. have the TOT guys come out to your house and test the line. have them check in three spots: the line coming to the house; after the splitter; and then between the modem and the computer. That should isolate any problems.

my mistake when i signed up was purchasing one of TOT's overpriced and super crappy generic modems.

of course, it may very well be the case the there is problem with the line beyond your home, in which case i'm afraid i don't have any insight to how to motivate TOT to improve its infrastructure.

puwa