where to fix jeep cherokee in pattaya

markkram

i am looking at a 96 jeep cherokee for sale...what is it like to get parts in and around pattaya..are they expensive...anyone know of a reliable mechanic who could look at the vehicle before i purchase...thanks for your input...much appreciated

Used to have a Jeep Grand Cherokee - best car I ever had. Jeep were going to manufacture in Thailand and bought in quite a few to test the market. About 12 (?) years back.

It was great for about 5 years until everything made of rubber on it started to disintegrate the same time. Could not find any reliable service in Bangkok - a guy who claimed to have worked for them - but repairs were always expensive and suspect. It needed somthing to be done to the transmission (cant remember what now) and he wanted 300k baht for a reconditioned unit from the US (so how could i check that out ??) With that and the rubbers on all the shocks and door seels integrating I decided to sell it.

As to the original question After a LOT of looking I could not find ANYONE in Pattaya who
REALLY seemed to have genuine knowledge of Jeep.