Man taken into custody over his FB post on Rajabhakti Park scandal

webfact

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damage control? There is corruption all over the world and in the interests of not wanting to become concrete foundations for something, I will say no more! Let's just say corruption is commonplace in Asia and its not something that is going to change any time soon.

Your statement "...in the interests of not wanting to become concrete foundations for something..." illustrates just how authoritarian the regime has become--that people feel the need to self-censor their comments on a forum for fear of reprisals. A sad state of affairs.

Nothing new about that.

So it seems that the junta is following the navy's example of going after the little guy and leaving the big players alone.

There's a nice piece on Wikipedia relating to this park and possible corruption, it has names and numbers, but like I said the junta wont touch the big players but if your alone then your fair game..............

This issue is getting bigger by the day and it could well spell the beginning of the end for the junta.

Now where oh where are the few on TVF who love to crow the "good people" running the country and how they have done so much and mass progress has been all the doing of said "good people" where are ya guy's getting real hard to keep spinning this stuff huhwhistling.gif

And how many big players have been arrested to date? Take a look at the Dark Tao murder case. How many CEO's of the fishing companies that use slave labor have been arrested and tried? How many conglomerate owners have been arrested for bribery? How many government ministers have been charged with crimes? Only little men, will be pursued by the top little man. His entire M.O., and the very basis of his administration is to not upset the elite, and never, ever change the status quo. How do you think he got into power in the first place?

In some areas of the world, it is known as a quid pro quo. We will allow you to run the country, and in exchange you guarantee us the same sort of guarantee the American bankers got after the banking crisis. You will insure that we remain untouchable. OK? Deal? Ok, you are now PM.

Correct. Scratching on the surface. Who really runs the show in LOS.....some will know, most do not. Edited by benalibina

If graft is proven and there are grounds for LM charges within the highest echelons of the current regime (as others have alluded to here), it could blow the lid off things and be a real game changer for Thailand. It would explain a lot of the words and actions coming from the junta in recent weeks.

Why do so many people keep saying the Prime Minister is making mistakes and it will cost him or be the end of him. He knows it, we know it,there is no way anyone or any group can do anything to remove him . He does not make mistakes he just does as he wants. Some things he does may not be popular but he can do it so accept it. I feel he will be here in power long after many of us are gone. Accept the fact he is the man in power and leave it at that. Stop judging what he does and stop wasting time and energy on futile conversation.

Why do so many people keep saying the Prime Minister is making mistakes and it will cost him or be the end of him. He knows it, we know it,there is no way anyone or any group can do anything to remove him . He does not make mistakes he just does as he wants. Some things he does may not be popular but he can do it so accept it. I feel he will be here in power long after many of us are gone. Accept the fact he is the man in power and leave it at that. Stop judging what he does and stop wasting time and energy on futile conversation.

Wrong. Every Thai military strongman (post-Sarit) has been removed from power by the bravery and loss of lives of ordinary Thais. Without their sacrifice, it would not have been possible.

Why?

It certainly looks like the Junta is determined to dig their own graves. Amusing to watch.

Agreed, and I'll send them a back-hoe for xmas if they promise to put it to good use. clap2.gif

But on a more serious note, whenever a group rules over people without their consent, the only recourse the group has to maintain control in the face of opposition is increasing levels of oppression, suppression, and eventually, direct violence against their opponents and the people they rule over.

The increasing levels of oppression and eventually violence have historically been the downfall of each Thai junta excepting the few who rapidly installed a pseudo-democracy and crept back into the shadows. I don't see this one going that direction. That means "digging their own graves" is the only other path to go down.

The only questions will be how much pain the country must go through and whether or not the people regain their sovereignty when it is all said and done.

Sadly, ... sad.png

The BangkokPost has Thanakorn Siripaiboon clicking "like" on a doctored photo of H.M. the King and shared it with 608 friends, all that on the 2nd this month. Than he shared an infographic of the park and allegedly admitted having done that to 'incite' other members of the red-shirt facebook group he himself is a member of.

Funny how so many people supported the military intervention, better known as a coup, while overly confident these military types will straighten things out .....and be much better than the Ying Luck administration.

Sad thing is, all too many of the same guys will continue to defend the Military administration seemingly blind to what is going on or seemingly blinded by their open loathing of the red shirts and Ying Luck

Even more sad.....None of us can do anything about the situation in any meaningful way.... So.... We complain...While that is about as much as we can do.

Cheers

How can posting information about corruption be called Lese Majeste???

Because we are in Thailand? blink.png

You call 85% chocolate DARK chocolate, you will get a Lese Majeste charge. Remember, 85% chocolate is always WHITE. w00t.gif

85% would be bitter dark chocolate, and bitter it is......

Pryut amassed $20M or so in assets despite a salary of barely $50K at retirement so he is well aware that there is good corruption and bad corruption

where did you get information about his salary? Are trying to say that the Army Chief would be on less salary than an MP! I find that difficult to believe.

Uncle is a savvy investor! His ROI is off the hook.

I hope he will hold seminars teaching all of us his investment techniques. That would increase my happiness!

The BangkokPost has Thanakorn Siripaiboon clicking "like" on a doctored photo of H.M. the King and shared it with 608 friends, all that on the 2nd this month. Than he shared an infographic of the park and allegedly admitted having done that to 'incite' other members of the red-shirt facebook group he himself is a member of.

Hmm, a perfect reason to apprehend someone and fry him don't you think !

If he just shared the photo with his friends, either one of those "friends" ratted him out, or facebook is allowing Thailand access to their servers. I guess it will most likely be the first option.

I cannot think of a better reason to put an end to LM laws or all the other <deleted> laws having to do with lack of freedom of speech.

Another LM Charge filed. A man stated at the police station that he was sold the wrong shirt. Another ridiculous flaw in the law (Article 112) ANY Thai citizen being allowed to file a case for inquiry......Anything can be now deemed an insult.

You did not stand and bow in front of your deity properly will be next to arrive. What is this North Korea where you CRY on Demand like Brainwashed children? Or should I say "BIKE on Demand" or that's an insult.

What a Witch Hunt this country has begun on and it will only be curtailed with standing up to this regime of cronies and their ilk by the majority of sane Thai People.

(Mr Banjong accused the local government of giving him a counterfeit Bike for Dad shirt, which he said insulted the monarchy).

If these Generals have their way ANYTHING in your entire conscience will soon be considered an insult to the monarchy.

So it seems that the junta is following the navy's example of going after the little guy and leaving the big players alone.

There's a nice piece on Wikipedia relating to this park and possible corruption, it has names and numbers, but like I said the junta wont touch the big players but if your alone then your fair game..............

This issue is getting bigger by the day and it could well spell the beginning of the end for the junta.

Now where oh where are the few on TVF who love to crow the "good people" running the country and how they have done so much and mass progress has been all the doing of said "good people" where are ya guy's getting real hard to keep spinning this stuff huhwhistling.gif

And how many big players have been arrested to date? Take a look at the Dark Tao murder case. How many CEO's of the fishing companies that use slave labor have been arrested and tried? How many conglomerate owners have been arrested for bribery? How many government ministers have been charged with crimes? Only little men, will be pursued by the top little man. His entire M.O., and the very basis of his administration is to not upset the elite, and never, ever change the status quo. How do you think he got into power in the first place?

In some areas of the world, it is known as a quid pro quo. We will allow you to run the country, and in exchange you guarantee us the same sort of guarantee the American bankers got after the banking crisis. You will insure that we remain untouchable. OK? Deal? Ok, you are now PM.

Correct. Scratching on the surface. Who really runs the show in LOS.....some will know, most do not.

Well, one thing we do know for sure, is that it is not the little guy.

If he just shared the photo with his friends, either one of those "friends" ratted him out, or facebook is allowing Thailand access to their servers. I guess it will most likely be the first option.

I cannot think of a better reason to put an end to LM laws or all the other <deleted> laws having to do with lack of freedom of speech.

The Thai government may have stumbled over the doctored photo themselves. They have a Ministry and organisation to do such. Of course they're not as good yet as the Americans or Brits, but with some help from them ...

As for 'freedom of speech' after the attacks in Paris and in California many governments are studying 'free speech' on the Internet. I wouldn't make to many jokes about such issues if I were you,

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/11/30/isp_national_security_letter_details_published_following_11year_legal_battle/

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/12/01/gchq_v_privacy_international_bulk_hacking/

Edited by rubl

The Thai government may have stumbled over the doctored photo themselves. They have a Ministry and organisation to do such. Of course they're not as good yet as the Americans or Brits, but with some help from them ...

As for 'freedom of speech' after the attacks in Paris and in California many governments are studying 'free speech' on the Internet. I wouldn't make to many jokes about such issues if I were you,

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/11/30/isp_national_security_letter_details_published_following_11year_legal_battle/

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/12/01/gchq_v_privacy_international_bulk_hacking/

Right, so wake me up when someone in say the Netherlands gets 60 years (or 30 after confession) for a facebook post.

I am not joking, these rules are archaic and needs to be scrapped.

By the way, if you share a post with only your friends, no-one but your friends can see it. Maybe one of those 600 friends was a governement watcher !

Edited by sjaak327

Right, so wake me up when someone in say the Netherlands gets 60 years (or 30 after confession) for a facebook post.

I am not joking, these rules are archaic and needs to be scrapped.

By the way, if you share a post with only your friends, no-one but your friends can see it. Maybe one of those 600 friends was a governement watcher !

A bit naive, even agent 327 would have his methods.

Correct. Scratching on the surface. Who really runs the show in LOS.....some will know, most do not.

Is it Harry Potter?

Another LM Charge filed. A man stated at the police station that he was sold the wrong shirt. Another ridiculous flaw in the law (Article 112) ANY Thai citizen being allowed to file a case for inquiry......Anything can be now deemed an insult.

You did not stand and bow in front of your deity properly will be next to arrive. What is this North Korea where you CRY on Demand like Brainwashed children? Or should I say "BIKE on Demand" or that's an insult.

What a Witch Hunt this country has begun on and it will only be curtailed with standing up to this regime of cronies and their ilk by the majority of sane Thai People.

(Mr Banjong accused the local government of giving him a counterfeit Bike for Dad shirt, which he said insulted the monarchy).

If these Generals have their way ANYTHING in your entire conscience will soon be considered an insult to the monarchy.

.....by the majority of sane Thai people......

Nationalism, moulding, conditioning, fear etc....will prevent it happen. Hardly any sane people with a broad mind, ethics, view and decent morals present in this beautiful country. Thats how "they" like it. 500 bth to protest...thats the way some will get of their bums to stand up and protest. Its how it, unfortunately, is.

Is it Harry Potter?

I think Potter would find all of this quite boring. No doubt there are a few that run the show, and it is not the general. Same in the US. Does anyone really think it is Obama, or that is was Tiny George II that ran the show? There are shadow men behind the scenes. Who knows who they are? But, it is not what it appears to be.

Damage control? There is corruption all over the world and in the interests of not wanting to become concrete foundations for something, I will say no more! Let's just say corruption is commonplace in Asia and its not something that is going to change any time soon.

a box of rocks and you have a lot in common .