Man taken into custody over his FB post on Rajabhakti Park scandal

webfact

Anyone who critisizes the Thai government on Facebook is about as foolish as Farangs who smoke pot in Thailand.

These things are against the law here.

If you break the law and get caught, you "pay the piper".

Get it?

I often critisize my own government on Facebook, but never the Thai government.

As a citizen of my country, I have a right to critisize it.

People do not have that right in Thailand.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how safe we are posting on here? it is getting that bad sad.png

I suppose that if posters are within the TVF guidelines and not in breach of any of the current laws/articles there should be no cause for concern.

However, self-censoring and being bullied into silence only empowers tyrants.

I doubt anyone in or working for the Junta can speak enough English to read these post. They could hire some foreigners to translate it for them, as I'm sure there are plenty of ratt basterd kiss ass snithches that would love to get some of us in trouble on here to transalte, but that would be like a loss of face for most Thais. Just look at all the street signs. It was some government officials job to write those signs, and to have a native English speaker proof-read them would mean admiting that he is not an expert in his field.

Junta Critic Feared ‘Disappeared’

https://www.hrw.org/news/2015/12/11/thailand-junta-critic-feared-disappeared

"Thai authorities should immediately disclose the whereabouts of Thanakorn Siripaiboon, a critic of Thailand’s junta who has reportedly been held in secret military custody since December 8, 2015, Human Rights Watch said today."

Junta Critic Feared ‘Disappeared’

https://www.hrw.org/news/2015/12/11/thailand-junta-critic-feared-disappeared

"Thai authorities should immediately disclose the whereabouts of Thanakorn Siripaiboon, a critic of Thailand’s junta who has reportedly been held in secret military custody since December 8, 2015, Human Rights Watch said today."

Now the government is going after a publisher for defamation about that particular story. To copy another poster....."Thailand: North Korea but with better beaches!"

The writing is on the wall. With recent restrictions on having an opinion (among other things), the future does not look bright for Thailand. I hope I am wrong but it will take decades for Thailand to rebound from the current debacle and cash grab (on both sides of the political spectrum).

For those with Thai loved ones (wife, children or friends), it is best to make plans for a life elsewhere (if it is within your means).

Without blaming one side or the other, Thailand is going nowhere fast. And it is changing the lovely, kind-hearted people of a nation I once was proud to call my home into touts (or worse). I hope to return some day when things look brighter for EVERYONE. Until then, I wait until the good prevail over the evil.