Bike for Dad: Half a million to join the event

webfact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting Thais can own a UK football club........hmmm wonder if Foreigners could own a Thai Footbal club wholly?

King Power indeed, I guess it was a "compulsory event" for the players

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/bike-for-dad-leicester-players-join-birthday-celebration-for-king-of-thailand-2846649.aspx

Edited by kannot

So the other 69,500,000 Thai's and Students and Office workers and the like who don't own a bike and are most likely too poor with Household Debt having risen to huge levels compared to the Elitist in the last few years. Ride on to your Propaganda Event or face LM charges for not participating in the farce. WE Demand you Ride or else face the Iron Fist of the Law!

So sad that you take this attitude. Whatever the politics behind this event, it is great to see so many people encouraged to ride their bicycles. Far better than sitting steaming inside your car, polluting the atmosphere and so on. I ride my bike everyday - as I said in another thread - about 500-600km a week. At the age of 67 the Bangkok Hospital, after many tests declared that I had the health and physical ability of the average 35 year old as I smashed all records on their stress test and other tests too. Off course you get the morons who try and discourage cycling pointing out that occasionally people get killed on bicycles. That ignores the thousands of deaths caused by cars and motorcys and the untold number of deaths resulting from sedentary lifestyles. Many poor people own bikes and many poor people will be on this ride. Good luck to them - I wish them well and hope this encourages more people to cycle on a regular basis.

If they changed the name to "cycle for health" I would find it more appealing but for me it reeks of........... well i cant say

Over the past couple of days the BBC has been discreetly putting the boot in LoS over human rights, the investigation of the US Ambassador and the cop who has fled to OZ fearing for his life.

Yesterday this event was reported on and was described as being designed to improve the image of a certain person who does not have the same love and respect as The King !

So the other 69,500,000 Thai's and Students and Office workers and the like who don't own a bike and are most likely too poor with Household Debt having risen to huge levels compared to the Elitist in the last few years. Ride on to your Propaganda Event or face LM charges for not participating in the farce. WE Demand you Ride or else face the Iron Fist of the Law!

So sad that you take this attitude. Whatever the politics behind this event, it is great to see so many people encouraged to ride their bicycles. Far better than sitting steaming inside your car, polluting the atmosphere and so on. I ride my bike everyday - as I said in another thread - about 500-600km a week. At the age of 67 the Bangkok Hospital, after many tests declared that I had the health and physical ability of the average 35 year old as I smashed all records on their stress test and other tests too. Off course you get the morons who try and discourage cycling pointing out that occasionally people get killed on bicycles. That ignores the thousands of deaths caused by cars and motorcys and the untold number of deaths resulting from sedentary lifestyles. Many poor people own bikes and many poor people will be on this ride. Good luck to them - I wish them well and hope this encourages more people to cycle on a regular basis.

If they changed the name to "cycle for health" I would find it more appealing but for me it reeks of........... well i cant say
Over the past couple of days the BBC has been discreetly putting the boot in LoS over human rights, the investigation of the US Ambassador and the cop who has fled to OZ fearing for his life.

Yesterday this event was reported on and was described as being designed to improve the image of a certain person who does not have the same love and respect as The King !

They are right!

I just learned that there are many rides in BKK today. I thought it would be one huge group riding a parcours but it isn't.

Richard Barrow posted TWO routes today on his twitter ( https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow and https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CV6N83hWEAAO0SZ.jpg ). It implies the map used on this thread in o/p is for dignitaries only??

attachicon.gifCV6N83hWEAAO0SZ.jpg

The map by Barrow was correct and the general public took the green route - but there seemed a lot of bikers on yellow route as well. Overall I was disappointed as I registered and wasn't allowed to cycle to either route start point by police road blocks near Central World. I got to the start of the green route on time, but there was no cyclists there and I was sent to Lumpini park where cyclists were congregating and eventually set free to join just before 5.45pm after the VIPs had gone by. Interestingly the park officials were really getting in the days mood and still enforcing no biking rules after 3pm in Lumpini park on B4D day as hundreds of bikers waited in park.

I should add after the ride, I was happy to have seen Bangkok from a car free perspective!

Edited by WorriedNoodle

Watched it on TV with English commentary. The Thai dancing which is still going on is wonderful. This has made even me cry. More please, Thailand at its best. Great event and show. Looking forward to next years.

The performances will also be staged for public viewing at the Royal Plaza from Dec 12-13. So why not head down there and watch it tonight! I'm taking the wife and kids. I'm suprised that little information is given about these free events to tourists. Come on travel bloggers and TAT spread the word.

Interesting Thais can own a UK football club........hmmm wonder if Foreigners could own a Thai Footbal club wholly?

King Power indeed, I guess it was a "compulsory event" for the players

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/bike-for-dad-leicester-players-join-birthday-celebration-for-king-of-thailand-2846649.aspx

Come on you Foxes!!!!!!!

Watched it on TV with English commentary. The Thai dancing which is still going on is wonderful. This has made even me cry. More please, Thailand at its best. Great event and show. Looking forward to next years.

The performances will also be staged for public viewing at the Royal Plaza from Dec 12-13. So why not head down there and watch it tonight! I'm taking the wife and kids. I'm suprised that little information is given about these free events to tourists. Come on travel bloggers and TAT spread the word.

It seems that tonights is exclusively for schoolchildren and atudents. Tomorrow's is for the general public

https://www.bikefordad2015.com/agenda.php

https://www.bikefordad2015.com/khon.php