Siam Square Under Water

george

What is not said and could have been said :

Rathchada Pisek was given as a flooded, it was not, at least the Huay Kwang part.

The rain were very localised : I was near Sathorn yesterday night, in some place it was heavily raining, and let say 1 km east of those place (or 1 km west) it was dry ...

The flood I witnessed were also localise and were more related on how the water was evacuated (more accuratly how it was NOT evacuated) rather than on how many centimeter was coming from the sky. Places that were cleaned recently were not flooded, that is for sure.

So one more time hard to generalise on it

Yesterday Wireless was flooded (near All Seasons Place). With the grounds already saturated, the heavens have just opened up again. I can't see if Wireless is again flooded because I can't see that far out of my window, but I know it isn't good.

Any news on the airport?

It'll be fine, the rainwater will disapear down the crack.... :D

redrus

ps; hope the rains arn't too harsh on all you Bkkites for the rest of this year. :o

Hugh delay on the way to the airport but everything fine other wise. :D

Y'all should know by now, it is a very rare month of October when there are no pictures of flooded streets in Bangkok.

Can anyone give me any idea how long this will all last as i am arriving BKK 20th oct., getting worried. :o

Why stay a minute longer in BKK than you absolutely have to? That applies, whether it's flooded or not. People are a strange species. They give highest property values to the worst areas to live. Example: I know of a beautiful new house on 4 rai with unobstructed views in every direction, no flood danger, clean air and water, no crime, no noise, friendly neighbors for 4.5 mil.baht. Even if a such house in BKK existed (not possible) it would have a value perhaps 10 times that amount. Birds, rodents, reptiles all move to places that are reasonably comfortable (or at least non-flooded) - people, with their big brains move to places that are yuksville. go figure.

I would say the opposite. Why stay a minute outside Bangkok when you don't have to? Reason..? in BKK you have life ,something always happening.I cannot understand why anyone would want to live in these quiet towns and villages ..england or thailand.. i mean what do you DO? I would die of boredom. Surely BKK has it all. If you want to have a hectic life ..you can . When you want to be quiet ...go home ..easy no? In BKK i feel alive ..whenever i travel outside (which i don't if it can be avoided) i feel like i am ageing by the minute.

Just my opinion . Even parts of Bangkok are too quiet for me . Guess we are all different

Y'all should know by now, it is a very rare month of October when there are no pictures of flooded streets in Bangkok.

Can anyone give me any idea how long this will all last as i am arriving BKK 20th oct., getting worried. :D

Why stay a minute longer in BKK than you absolutely have to? That applies, whether it's flooded or not. People are a strange species. They give highest property values to the worst areas to live. Example: I know of a beautiful new house on 4 rai with unobstructed views in every direction, no flood danger, clean air and water, no crime, no noise, friendly neighbors for 4.5 mil.baht. Even if a such house in BKK existed (not possible) it would have a value perhaps 10 times that amount. Birds, rodents, reptiles all move to places that are reasonably comfortable (or at least non-flooded) - people, with their big brains move to places that are yuksville. go figure.

I would say the opposite. Why stay a minute outside Bangkok when you don't have to? Reason..? in BKK you have life ,something always happening.I cannot understand why anyone would want to live in these quiet towns and villages ..england or thailand.. i mean what do you DO? I would die of boredom. Surely BKK has it all. If you want to have a hectic life ..you can . When you want to be quiet ...go home ..easy no? In BKK i feel alive ..whenever i travel outside (which i don't if it can be avoided) i feel like i am ageing by the minute.

Just my opinion . Even parts of Bangkok are too quiet for me . Guess we are all different

im with you my friend as living in the middle of no where is a slow boring death sentence to me.

imagine flying to the other side of the world to go and live in a little village. :D

its bollicks mate,

as the city has it all as you have rightly stated.

you've got a good brain box happenning there my friend as to be isolated in the middle of no where is, well frankly madness.

you can always go there for a holiday i suppose. ?

5 minutes would do it and then bolt back to M.B.K. for a top plate of noodle soup. :D

cheers :o

Pratunam at near midnight

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

Most if not all the buildings in Pratunam are flooded, as is the whole market. Generally there's 30-50 cm of water on the road, some more in the sois.

A Picture is worth 1,000 words - nice photos. Better than 10 pages of worthless posts...

What is not said and could have been said :

Rathchada Pisek was given as a flooded, it was not, at least the Huay Kwang part.

The rain were very localised : I was near Sathorn yesterday night, in some place it was heavily raining, and let say 1 km east of those place (or 1 km west) it was dry ...

The flood I witnessed were also localise and were more related on how the water was evacuated (more accuratly how it was NOT evacuated) rather than on how many centimeter was coming from the sky. Places that were cleaned recently were not flooded, that is for sure.

So one more time hard to generalise on it

Yesterday Wireless was flooded (near All Seasons Place). With the grounds already saturated, the heavens have just opened up again. I can't see if Wireless is again flooded because I can't see that far out of my window, but I know it isn't good.

There you go this is what happens when you build a city on a swamp! next time your on the sky train take a look at the tracks, when they were built they were level, I Hope :o

For Sale Blue Van hardly used :o

hey stevo, :D

do you know those cats at orange county choppers. ?

there's mikey, paul junior and paul senior and i see them on the telli all the time. :D

paul senior is a bit grumpy sometimes but he's got a good heart so he in my good books. :D

look mate,

if you spot them can you get me an autograph addressed to terry and i'll be your best mate when you come to los and show you the ropes my friend. :D

i'll even take you to some top live music spots as youre a musso arn't you.

cheers stevo. :D

Yes I do know them and very well...I'll tell you what, I will try to go see them this month and get you something ok ? My pleasure bro. keep in touch and send me your addy to my private message

post-34577-1160600017_thumb.jpg

Wow, I left BKK in the morning of the 10th, it was raining. Spent a some time in smokey Singapore, then on to Hong Kong. Now I am in Sunny, warm and dry Phoenix.

Glad I got out when I did, hope it's dried out a bit when I get back in a week or so.