Confused about online/postal retirement reporting... how is the situation december 2015?

flyDelight

I read and hear you don't have to go to Promenade for the 90 days retirement reporting but can do it online or per post, others deny this and are convinced they stopped both this options.

What's the current situation please BY YOUR OWN RECENT EXPERIENCE?

Thanks!

I made my 1 year visa extension in November this year in Lopburi. They asked me if I wanted to do it by mail or online. Mail cost about 350 baht. Online is free.

How is it going to cost you 350 baht to do your report by post?

Just did one and it cost me 85 baht. That is 45 baht for EMS to send it and 40 baht in stamps on the return envelope for EMS back to me.

I successfully lodged the online report 90 days ago, this time around I couldn't get past the section where you enter your name, when I clicked on the next button or whatever it is, all I got was the White Screen of Death.

When I tried to go back and restart, I got the message that I would need to go to the nearest Immigration office, which I did this morning in Jomtien.

I asked the lady that served me if they were having problems with it and she said it seemed to work for her, but many people had reported to her that they were having issues with it.

Having built a few websites, I am very familiar with the White Screen of Death and it points to some issues with the site that they don't seem to be aware of.

I tried by post last year. Got no response. Had to do it in person. But maybe the address was wrong. The immigration web site had detailed instructions, except they provided no address. Googled to find an address.

Given my proximity to the Immigration office (four blocks) it is counterproductive to do anything but file in person. Takes about fifteen minutes. I don't trust the online method and I am not paying anything to file, not even postage.