Sigh of relief as Thailand spared EASA blacklist

webfact

EASA is a JOKE people wake up....are members doing research here?

Look at the Airlines they have banned so far clap2.gifclap2.gif Don't laugh now

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_air_carriers_banned_in_the_European_Union

The list includes Airlines from Afghanistan, Iraq and North Korea....wai2.gifwai2.gifgigglem.gifgigglem.gif

All Airlines in the list are..NO BODY CARES Countries who have no major stake in Airlines, all African war torn, poor countries. bah.gif

They have not BANNED ANY AIRLINE that are worth Banning ....No Major countries National Carriers are banned. gigglem.gifgigglem.gif

Its a Joke....cheesy.gif

Garuda? National carrier of Indonesia?

They gave Philippine Air Lines a serious lesson too.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My THAI shares are worth less than a third of what they were two years ago, and no dividend payments since then either!

To reassure me that it's smooth flying, I have just received the following advice from the company, http://ir.listedcompany.com/tracker.pl?type=2&id=132598&redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fthai.listedcompany.com%2Fnews.html%2Fid%2F501850

Whoopi!

Hi-5s all round, another scam and the EU fell for it or didn't have the balls or ... !

Feet up now until the next check by which time what will have actually been done and how many foreign experts / consultants actually hired ?

It's a perfect comment:

post-218338-0-05869900-1449841572_thumb.

.... to everyone!

<deleted>!? As a former airline pilot, I can assure Thai Visa users that the EU is more strict than the U.S. when it comes to aviation safety. How in the hell did Thailand pass the EU inspection after the U.S. busted them down to category 2? Earlier poster is correct: Airbus or Boeing?

I have to take issue with that. First, crashes among US carriers are extremely rare. Second, what the hell happened with the Lufthansa no-frills airliner with the suicide captain whose oversight was appallingly weak?
Aviation safety in the US is superb. The EU essentially uses the same rules and oversight methods as the US, with additional regulations that some operators in American consider 'overkill.' That's why I'm baffled the Thais passed their inspection.
Superb? That's not a word I would comfortably employ to describe American aviation safety. There certainly do exsist high and improving standards, but, do not be fooled. The pressure for corporate profit and the unscrupulous or unethical business practices, that the profit motive gives life to, does impinge in many places, ways and instances on the safety of flight in America. 35 yr and counting technician and inspector me. I try mightily therefore to not imagine whats behind the curtain here.

<deleted>!? As a former airline pilot, I can assure Thai Visa users that the EU is more strict than the U.S. when it comes to aviation safety. How in the hell did Thailand pass the EU inspection after the U.S. busted them down to category 2? Earlier poster is correct: Airbus or Boeing?

Awww C'mon ! Thailand would'nt be involved in anything like suggested, especially now that there is an honest man as PM. whistling.gif

I have flown on a few of the Thailand airlines, Bangkok Air, Nok Air and of course

Royal Thai Airlines and have always felt safe enough. I have been on board a Russian airplane once, and was

glad that I could get off alive after the flight. The tires were not in good shape, hardly any thread left. the airframe

was old and looked old as well. The Navigator that I spoke with said that he was concerned about one

of the engines, and one other crew member was trying to stay in Canada so they would not have to fly on this aircraft

again. I have heard that there are Other Asian countries with far worse standards,.

Geezer

I have flown on a few of the Thailand airlines, Bangkok Air, Nok Air and of course

Royal Thai Airlines and have always felt safe enough. I have been on board a Russian airplane once, and was

glad that I could get off alive after the flight. The tires were not in good shape, hardly any thread left. the airframe

was old and looked old as well. The Navigator that I spoke with said that he was concerned about one

of the engines, and one other crew member was trying to stay in Canada so they would not have to fly on this aircraft

again. I have heard that there are Other Asian countries with far worse standards,.

Geezer

Can't argue about the state of some of their aircraft, but you could certainly do worse than flying with Russian pilots if things do go wrong... Edited by baboon

As far as I can see the problem is not with Thai airline which may or may not be safe. It is that the services to their aircraft were done by people who had been certified to do the job who were not qualified to give that certification. The same applies to the certifications of fitness for the parts and procedures used.

It is AOT which is the one in the frame but THAI being the biggest carrier is the one that has to shoulder it.

I think the important question here is 'Boeing or Airbus ?'.....

Just going by the amount of back slapping and handshaking going on at the meeting on Tuesday I think you might be right on the money here.

I hear there was a wild all-night party in Toulouse last night, lots of girls....

Did you miss one?

Thailand, you are sooooooo lucky. Really, you are. coffee1.gif

Just wait till the next crash of these great airlines !!! Stock up on BLACK PAINT !!!!! Well, Paris has 57 Terrorists working on the planes at De gaul and Thailand has Rice Farmers doing Inspections????facepalm.gif

The last crash I remember was Germanwings. Did I miss anything?

...Really, now Europe is going to teach Asia about Flight Safety when one of the German Pilots dived bombed the plane few months back, killing all its passengers and no fine was imposed on luftahnsa and they continue to fly.

What about Ryan Air?

What about the pathetic condition of most of European Airport like Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport voted as one of the worst airports in the world. We know how london airport is smile.png

Asian Airports are best. Its Europe that will loose. if they start banning Asian airlines. Chinese are the largest tourist in the world now

http://www.airlineratings.com/safety_rating_per_airline.php

shows that Ryan is acually a very safe airline.

Did you know that Suvanapoon does not and never has met ICAO standards.

Why does the Concorde come into my mind?

Look at the plumbing in your 3/4 star Thai hotel room and then think about the engineering used to maintain Thai planes? Its more the mindset than lack of technical skills. Thailand has been a major travel destination for at least 30 years so you think they would be on top of it now. The Thai/Asian mindset is do it quick and as cheap as possible; the Western mindset is to technically excel, with safety and reliability. Think I will setup a Thai car service center called B-slow! I would rather have slow and good versus quick and shoddy.

Look at the plumbing in your 3/4 star Thai hotel room and then think about the engineering used to maintain Thai planes? Its more the mindset than lack of technical skills. Thailand has been a major travel destination for at least 30 years so you think they would be on top of it now. The Thai/Asian mindset is do it quick and as cheap as possible; the Western mindset is to technically excel, with safety and reliability. Think I will setup a Thai car service center called B-slow! I would rather have slow and good versus quick and shoddy.

and you will have no customers

...Really, now Europe is going to teach Asia about Flight Safety when one of the German Pilots dived bombed the plane few months back, killing all its passengers and no fine was imposed on luftahnsa and they continue to fly.

What about Ryan Air?

What about the pathetic condition of most of European Airport like Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport voted as one of the worst airports in the world. We know how london airport is smile.png

Asian Airports are best. Its Europe that will loose. if they start banning Asian airlines. Chinese are the largest tourist in the world now

Wow... such a misinformed post.

Despite the tragic Germanwings accident, LH still has one of the best safety records in the world. It's all about statistics and demonstrated respect of procedures per country/per airline, you know. Don't focus on one single accident only. Yes, it was avoidable but yes, LH has rules strictly enforced now that should prevent recurrence.

As mentioned by another poster, Ryan Air also has an excellent record. The fact that in aboard one of their aircrafts your seat cushion might be stained, your overhead light maybe not working and the plane's interior maybe in need of a refresh has nothing to do with the maintenance of the vital parts of the airplane. It's not pleasing, but it's unrelated.

The same goes for Roissy-Charles de Gaulle: yes I do agree that it's ugly and uncomfortable, even run-down and dirty in some parts, but that's not what's essential for your safety. At least the runways are not full of cracks, unlike at Suwa.

In the Concorde crash report, absolutely nothing wrong was mentioned about the regular inspections of the runways. They had been done according to international standards. It was just bad luck.

And EASA has no problem with Chinese airlines I've heard of. Don't mix Thai and Chinese airlines. They don't play in the same league.