Christmas/Carol service in Chiang Mai

DavidOxon

Several very nice options.

This Saturday, 12 December, All Saints Chiang Mai is having the "Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols" at Prince Royal's College Chapel, 7 pm. They have other Christmas events at their church. All of their services are in English: http://allsaintschiangmai.com/christmas-events/

On Friday, 18 December, Chiang Mai Community Church has their "Carols by Candlelight" at Gymnkhana Golf Course, 7 pm free. This is a long-time Chiang Mai tradition. There are other Christmas events with this English-speaking church: http://cmcchurch.org/wordpress/?page_id=1085

I'm sure there are other traditional celebrations, too, but these are the two congregations that I'm aware of.

Poking around the internet, I found this event at Seven Fountain this evening:

http://www.thesevenfountains.org/index.php/en/christmas-dinner-2015

I agree, during this Christmas season, it would be nice to take your daughter to see some live, local English-speaking celebrations.

On a more commercial note, Promenada Mall is having a "Christmas Market" 18 December - 3 January. They sent me their press kit. It seems that during the opening of Friday, Dec 18 they will have a living nativity with Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus. (I hope they'll have live animals, too. I miss my buddies the sheep and goats, now banished from outside Imm. Prom.) Also, Santa Claus will be at Prom. Mall on Dec 24 and 25 for kids to have their photos made with the jolly elf.

Going to dig out my DVD of it's a Wonderful Life and Miracle on 34th street.

Your know - seriously - I've don't think I've ever seen either of those 2 films, maybe it's a non-US thing as the only time I've ever heard anyone talking about them is when they've been American, but I have decided that we are going to sit down and watch The Wizard of Oz this Christmas morning. I haven't seen it for years.

(As part of the deal, I just know I'm going to have to sit through Erik the Viking again).

Konini, I was trying to figure out how to do a link to the Promenada press kit about their Christmas Market and can't figure it out. What they have on the internet and Facebook now doesn't do it justice.

One of the activities is a room where they're going to show traditional holiday movies -- aimed at the kids, but I think many adults will like it too. Looking at the DVD covers they show in their press kit, I see one of my favs -- "A Christmas Story".

One of the cable TV networks in the U.S. would show that film in a continuous loop during the Christmas weekend. Guess it made for easy programming decisions.

Your know - seriously - I've don't think I've ever seen either of those 2 films, maybe it's a non-US thing as the only time I've ever heard anyone talking about them is when they've been American, but I have decided that we are going to sit down and watch The Wizard of Oz this Christmas morning. I haven't seen it for years.

(As part of the deal, I just know I'm going to have to sit through Erik the Viking again).

You just reminded me that I had lost my copy of the Wizard of Oz.

If you had seen either one of those films you would remember them.

Well worth the watching. Also the original Scrooge is good.

Edit

Haven't seen the Viking but it sounds like a good one to me. Or is that the one with Kirk Douglas in it. If it is it would be worth watching again. I liked him. Not sure if that was the name how ever.

If it's The Wizard of Oz in the morning, then it'll have to be a James Bond film in the afternoon.

EditHaven't seen the Viking but it sounds like a good one to me. Or is that the one with Kirk Douglas in it. If it is it would be worth watching again. I liked him. Not sure if that was the name how ever.

Not quite Kirk Douglas - it's Monty Python. Always makes me snigger but I think I'm getting to the stage where I've seen it too many times. I'll try to negotiate Life of Brian instead.

Archived