2 4 ms 3 ms 5 ms 1.20.131.129
3 3 ms 3 ms 2 ms 10.2.0.2 [10.2.0.2]
4 4 ms 3 ms 3 ms 203.113.62.1
5 3 ms 3 ms 4 ms 203.114.117.173
6 8 ms 5 ms 6 ms ten-gi-0-7-2-0.cwt-core-03.totisp.net [203.114.118.197]
7 3 ms 3 ms 4 ms hundred-gi-0-7-0-1.cwt-gw-01.totisp.net [203.114.118.138]
8 5 ms 4 ms 5 ms HUN-gi-0-5-0-1.cwt-core-01.totiig.net [180.180.255.61]
9 18 ms 18 ms 17 ms ten-gi-0-6-0-3.knl-core-01.totiig.net [180.180.255.50]
10 31 ms 34 ms 34 ms ten-gi.totiig.net.249.180.180.in-addr.arpa [180.180.249.122]
11 30 ms 30 ms 30 ms p38895.sgw.equinix.com [202.79.197.87]
12 32 ms 32 ms 32 ms 54.239.41.62
13 29 ms 29 ms 30 ms 203.83.223.85
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 31 ms 30 ms 30 ms server-54-230-148-43.sin2.r.cloudfront.net [54.230.148.43]
Trace complete.

Strangely the tracerts appear normal. I'd even go as far as to say they look great. However webpages have been sluggish all day and have not been able to stream with TVMC either. On the speed test pages the ping test looks good and then it times out during the download test. Really strange behavior.

I'm going to manually set DNS and see if that makes a difference.

Changing DNS did not fix anything unfortunately.

I was able to download a large file (2.2GB) rather quickly with Internet Download Manager. The speed got up to 2MB/sec but was very erratic. Same download without IDM was timing out and going nowhere.

Feels as if I'm under scrutiny from the watchdogs. Geez I'm getting paranoid now.

Probably just an ISP 'gateway' being flaky. Similar thing occurred on my TOT Fibre 2U connection a few weeks ago. In my instance a tracert showed which ISP router was gobbling up the packets and while I was doing my diagnostics and background to fill in the online trouble ticket, TOT sorted the issue seconds before I was ready to submit. No issues since.

But it's difficult to isolate where the issue lays when your tracert's come back squeeky clean.

Things are getting even weirder now. I shall endeavor to explain without boring you to death..

Tried ToT and TRUE speed test on my other computer which is running Linux. Both showed nominal speeds. Tried again on this machine and they both timed out as before. I then switched this computer to the TRUE connection and got good results. For some reason only this computer is timing out on the tests and only on the ToT connection (which I have determined is working fine).

So that's how things are at the moment. It's software related, not hardware or connection. I'm running a malwarebytes scan at the moment and will check the results in the morning. If I can't figure it out I can always reformat and be back up in no time. It's just the curiosity that has my mind working overtime with it and the challenge to hunt down the cause of this unusual behavior.

One more thing I forgot to mention and don't know if it's relevant but none of the advertisement images are loading on this page, I'm just getting the little sad page face (am not running adblocker).

One more thing I forgot to mention and don't know if it's relevant but none of the advertisement images are loading on this page, I'm just getting the little sad page face (am not running adblocker).

Sounds like something on the PC is interfering. Sure sounds like something is messing with DNS.

Double check

does a different browsers give the same results (maybe a browser extension, add-on, plug-in or service is in play)

the PC is using either the DNS you've set in the interface, or inherited from the Router when it requested DHCP.

another Internet App hasn't been running and corrupted the interface (I have Python app that does this on my PC currently, frustrating).

host file hasn't been edited

You can try

killing and reloading the Wireless or Ethernet drivers

Sounds like something on the PC is interfering. Sure sounds like something is messing with DNS.

Double check

does a different browsers give the same results (maybe a browser extension, add-on, plug-in or service is in play)

the PC is using either the DNS you've set in the interface, or inherited from the Router when it requested DHCP.

another Internet App hasn't been running and corrupted the interface (I have Python app that does this on my PC currently, frustrating).

host file hasn't been edited

You can try

killing and reloading the Wireless or Ethernet drivers

Same thing happens in Edge but the images load in that browser so I don't think it's an extension causing it.

I was previously using automatic setting for DNS but set it manually last night and that made no difference.

There's one thing I'm suspicious of. Without going into detail because of forum rules (kmspico).

Will do some more testing when I get home this afternoon.

Okay so without changing anything I was just able to complete both speed tests....speeds are good.

Images were still not loading on this site so I simply reset Chrome setting then re-enabled my extensions and voila!

I'm happy to have sorted it out but it's a bit frustrating not being able to pinpoint exactly what the culprit was.