Parental law Thailand

Kenny202

Girlfriend is 5 months pregnant. Been with her 4 years and only recently found out about 2 other children she's had. Different father's and kids left with the father's family. For their own good and father insisted (of course). She couldn't tell me before because I would have left her (of course). Anyway, my concern now is she may do the same with me. I raised that very question with her and she told me if I didn't feel comfortable not to sign the birth papers as the father? What does that mean legally? Could i pursue her or would she be breaking the law abandoning a kid. Before anyone makes any moral judgements here. I'm not talking about leaving her or shirking responsibilities. I'm talking about her leaving the kid with me. There is also quite a bit more background to this story I won't go into here. I raised 4 small kids alone in Australia. I didn't come here to spend the rest of my life as a single dad.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully you are being decent.....it seems that you will, for the best interest of the child, have to raise another child. Try to do it with your gf despite the fact that she hasnt been forthcoming with you about her previous children. In life not everything can be planned and based on your history of rasing 4 children I can understand you thought that now it would be time for yourself. It isnt meant to be apparantly.

I advise you to do your best raising your newborn and later in life you will see.....it was all worthwhile. Nothing gives more pleasure than to see a happy smile on the face of your child.

Best wishes !

Edited by benalibina

its the same old con, Thai girl gets pregnant farang will take care, first of all could you not see by her body that she has had kids before ? it sounds to me like she really has not been honest with you and trapped you deliberately with this kid by telling you about it after its too late to get an abortion. sorry to say and I know many people wont agree with me but I would walk away quick.

You don't mention your age, her age etc so if you can afford to spend your retirement fund, I'm assuming ( I know I shouldn't) on a child first make sure it's yours. Not being hard but you have to look after number one first especially out here.

I don't have kids by the way.

I'm also going on 80% sure it's a troll.

its the same old con, Thai girl gets pregnant farang will take care, first of all could you not see by her body that she has had kids before ? it sounds to me like she really has not been honest with you and trapped you deliberately with this kid by telling you about it after its too late to get an abortion. sorry to say and I know many people wont agree with me but I would walk away quick.

He didn't say he didn't know about this kid previously just that he didn't know about another two.

If he didn't know during 5 months then wow...

As catman80 mentioned, it's strange you didn't notice any signs on the gf's body of previous births...as for the birth certificate and responsibilities - as overherebc, better check first if it really is your child. I any case, you not being married means you won't have parental rights anyway, and as far as support, there is hardly any enforcement of child support in Thailand. If it is your child and you decide to take care of both mother and child, you should file for parentall rights as soon as you can, so in case she does leave you with the baby, you will have the authority to formally care for the child - ie if you want to get a passport for the child, register him/her to school later and so on.

After my divorce in Thailand i voluntarily paid maintenance for my son direct to my ex. I saw my son on a regular basis and paid his school fees.

One day my ex and son disappeared .My ex had remarried to a chap from Sweden .My ex tried to take my son to Sweden without my consent by forging my signature on the consent form .On the forged documents she presented to immigration my retirement visa on the copy she presented had expired .Then she had to contact me and explain her actions .I took legal advice to keep my son with me in Thailand but failed. Later i was contacted by the family court in Sweden who advised under Euro legislation i was responsible for maintenance payments that amounted at the time to 18,350 baht per month . It was stated my ex's husband had a low income .

After lengthy legal correspondence and a final ruling by the family court they agreed to accept the amount i had been voluntarily paying before my son left Thailand . I decided instead to legally deposit a monthly amount for the sole benefit of my son when he attains age twenty one .

The family court was advised not to allow their citizens to take children from Thailand if they do not have the finances to support them and to sue me in a Thai court of law if they insisted on any payment direct to them .

Having children to a Thai National can have unforeseen consequences so beware!

Been together 4 years and you didn't know she had kids?

I find this very hard to believe. Is she ever on the phone talking to them or talking to their grand parents about their welfare?

Does she not tell you that she needs to go to an ATM to send money home for her children? How can she hide such a thing from you for 4 years?

What is the condition of her body? Surely after 2 kids her breasts are out of shape and she has some stretch marks on her stomach, hips and legs.

Im not buying this story at all.

I find this very hard to believe. Is she ever on the phone talking to them or talking to their grand parents about their welfare?

Does she not tell you that she needs to go to an ATM to send money home for her children? How can she hide such a thing from you for 4 years?

What is the condition of her body? Surely after 2 kids her breasts are out of shape and she has some stretch marks on her stomach, hips and legs.

Oh man, how far the dishonesty runs, its off the charts with these chicks.

Nothing is beyond the realm for them!!

OP, you have quite a lot to think about, .... a lot!!!

4 years together and she never ever mentioned she had kids !!! That tells me that she has been deceiving you in all that time and with that in mind can you now trust her when she tells you that the child she is expecting is yours . It is clear she has no interest in the kids she already has and I suspect it will be the same for the child that is currently in her womb . What would I do in your circumstances as hard as it sound I would get the hell out of the relationship tell her to pack her suitcase it is clear to me that she has used your kindness and taken you for a ride !!!

He didn't say he didn't know about this kid previously just that he didn't know about another two.

If he didn't know during 5 months then wow...

ok sorry wrong on that point but right on the rest of it

As far as signs in her body about other kids....I did know about 1 kid. Didn't know there were another 2.

4 years together and she never ever mentioned she had kids !!! That tells me that she has been deceiving you in all that time and with that in mind can you now trust her when she tells you that the child she is expecting is yours . It is clear she has no interest in the kids she already has and I suspect it will be the same for the child that is currently in her womb . What would I do in your circumstances as hard as it sound I would get the hell out of the relationship tell her to pack her suitcase it is clear to me that she has used your kindness and taken you for a ride !!!

she has deceived me in many areas unfortunately. Each time something new comes up she claims she couldn't tell me because I would leave her. Know she can't understand why I don't believe a word she says. As far as packing up or throwing her out....it's just easier said than done. I am going through the process though. First step was me moving out into my own place to gain some control over my life. Now living each day as it comes

That's because u have made an awful lot of assumptions

Possible , now this provides a life line for her and family.

I have thai wife and yound child, born in NZ, I took in her mother who loves the child to bits and we now live in LOS.

Works out ok but I go no further than that and don't involve myself with other family finances.

You may want to be sure Baby is yours as years ago an old GF tried to convince me she was pregers to me but it was her thai BF , I got well away from her.

Like the previous post said above if you are not married to her you have no rights and/ obligations to the child.

Sounds like she is not the most honest person. Lied about previous kids and hide the pregnancy until month 5 so there can be no abortion. Sure sounds like she wants to hook you

You are so right I would walk as well when they lie to you like that they will never stop luring to you .

It is called in trap meant and I have seen over the last 7 years now that it is more and more because Thais thing if I have his baby he take good care and give me more money ever month to lots of Thais it is all about the free money.

first of all you can blame yourself of hte whole sitiatuation and ask why she not told you at all in the 4 years.

secondly you are fully responcible for the unborn child as the future of it. that is the right of hte child. It can not do about the thiins you and mum did and have.

Get custody. Take care. leanr to live with the fact your GF is mother of three. Give the child a good family live which included the family band with the other childern of the mum as well.

you have had your life tyill not the child ones is starting. childen are now your priority.

wish you all the wishdom and you child a good youth with lots of care and looking after.

Like the previous post said above if you are not married to her you have no rights and/ obligations to the child.

Sounds like she is not the most honest person. Lied about previous kids and hide the pregnancy until month 5 so there can be no abortion. Sure sounds like she wants to hook you

not forget most wowman who look after Farang/Foreinger because they have a problem and most have child or something else.

Why they accept to have a uglly Farang, in most case the farang can be the farther of the woman

Status,

Money,

take care of family.

(of course there are case with love and so, most the Farang is there for the reasons above)

People also forget Buddist can not have abortion by religion.

Edited by Autonuaq

first of all you can blame yourself of hte whole sitiatuation and ask why she not told you at all in the 4 years.

secondly you are fully responcible for the unborn child as the future of it. that is the right of hte child. It can not do about the thiins you and mum did and have.

Get custody. Take care. leanr to live with the fact your GF is mother of three. Give the child a good family live which included the family band with the other childern of the mum as well.

you have had your life tyill not the child ones is starting. childen are now your priority.

wish you all the wishdom and you child a good youth with lots of care and looking after.

just a question,

you are sure the coming kid is yours? A lady that is complexing that much coulkd have kids and a thai boyfriend or a thai ex as well at the same time she is with you.

As far as signs in her body about other kids....I did know about 1 kid. Didn't know there were another 2.

When I lived 'up north' a few years ago a German guy and his Thai family lived quite close to me in a big multi storey detached house. The farang only came to LOS on holiday for about 3 months every year, and never realised his wife had 4 children from previous marriages. He only ever saw 2 of her children. We always knew when the farang was about to come on holiday, because 2 of 4 the children would be whisked away to stay with relatives in a nearby village, and return soon after he'd gone back to Germany.

Sadly, the child is going to get the shitty end of the stick no matter what. As others had said 2 other children, 4 years no knowledge? Sneaky woman. Also, 4 years of physical contact and now a "Magic Bullet" , the baby is coming, I would deal with it now and sign nothing and get a BLOOD TEST ON THE BABY, immediately after birth, you can do it now if you find the right doctor. If's its yours Oh Well Pop!, remember how to change diapers and having 15 new relatives around all the time including the other children. If the baby is not yours RUN as fast as you can.

"She couldn't tell me before because I would have left her (of course)".

Seems a rather strange thing to say....why "of course", leaving a lady because she has previously had 2 children?

isn't that what they always say? Somehow it was my fault she couldn't tell me...because I'd leave her? Turn something crappy into some noble reaon

just a question,

you are sure the coming kid is yours? A lady that is complexing that much coulkd have kids and a thai boyfriend or a thai ex as well at the same time she is with you.

no one i think is ever sure. I have lived with her the whole time before and after conception. Would i blindly swear it was my kid 100% after so many lies and deceit? No Edited by Kenny202

Sadly, the child is going to get the shitty end of the stick no matter what. As others had said 2 other children, 4 years no knowledge? Sneaky woman. Also, 4 years of physical contact and now a "Magic Bullet" , the baby is coming, I would deal with it now and sign nothing and get a BLOOD TEST ON THE BABY, immediately after birth, you can do it now if you find the right doctor. If's its yours Oh Well Pop!, remember how to change diapers and having 15 new relatives around all the time including the other children. If the baby is not yours RUN as fast as you can.

It didn't take me 4 years to find out about the other kids. 2 years for the first, 3 years for the second. Unfortunately I've only told 20% of the story here. It's been an ongoing minefield of different skeletons in closets. I lived with a person like this before. If you knew the whole story up front you'd run for Ur life. But you get one at a time which doesn't seem so bad. In all of this I've been lucky enough not to get taken financially nor did she ever try nor was money or family her motivation. I have taken an emotional battering though. She just seems to be a broken person with a propensity for destruction of mainly herself and those around her. I always thought I'd come along to help, give her a better life...opportunity. just didn't work out like that

I see you are a frequent contributor on here with the problems in your relationship with your gf, your life in an Issan village etc. All I'm recommending is to take your life in your own hands. If you are unhappy with her and life in a village, change your life. Plenty of honest,decent women here. Just do a minimal due diligence check before getting involved again.

With feeling sorry to such deceiving action to happen,,

adding to this, heard lot of stories of some Thai gals cheating farang guys, building houses, buying cars supporting their families using the foreigner guys money.. etc, I am so wondering how come this to happen?

with every new story happened I ask myself.. these westerners are really so innocent? naive? closed brain? no any sense of logical thinking or some analytical sense to read between the line a bit deeper to know the truth? or at least do not give the opportunity on a golden tray for them to betray and cheat on u?

How come to let these idiots playing they smart games?? too much innocence this or what??

so amazing !!

Gee there is one born every minute. She has sucked you in BIG TIME. I would suggest you run run run, otherwise you may up ending paying for all the kids. She obviously has too much experience for any ones liking. She has played you for a fool and considering how many women there are in Thailand you don't need one with a lot of baggage. Find an innocent lady in the provinces, one that has never been on the game. Good Luck